Starting a campaign

Started by PZ, December 21, 2014, 08:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Well, because I could not wait until after Christmas, I installed the game on my old PC, and it actually works just fine, although the graphics look a bit clunky.

The game installed flawlessly after a long download (we went to a friends house for her birthday).  When we returned home, the prompt on my PC was that the game was ready to play - how refreshing!

Starting the game, I did a few things, but then went directly into the boot camp, and then into the virtual reality area where you are taught how to do all kinds of things from command to rocket launchers.  Below is an album

https://plus.google.com/photos/115880926969978238488/albums/6095510990194321041

If you click on an image in the album, and start the slide show, you can use the right arrow key to advance the images, and a comment caption is at the bottom.  Alternately, you can just look at the images and the captions are to the right, but I think it is more informative to look at them full screen in the slide show.

JRD

Nice pics. I'm glad you can run it on your rig. The game looks great even if not on ultra settings.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Thanks, JRD - I just fell in love with the compass and map - makes playing so much fun for me when I can orient my real world to the map in a meaningful way.  This is unlike the more arcade-ish maps in most maps, even those in games that I really like

Binnatics

I too like the map and compass way of navigating. I already liked it in DayZ, but there is was a little less advanced. The concept is great. Nice experimenting in the virtual environment PZ! Didn't know that this was possible. I only did what the captain told me to; shoot a bit and run a bit :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

It is of benefit to experiment in the virtual reality because it gives you all kinds of practice using equipment and commanding squads.  I found that I quickly adapted to the controls that way - a little more practice and playing in game will not be so daunting.

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

JRD

Cool.  :-X

I didn't try that virtual trainning yet. What I did do was to load an island in the editor, place one helicopter at a random point and fly over it all!!!!! Amazing.  :) :)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Cool!  I love experimenting - part of the fun of the game for me  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳