Mods Discussion

Started by RedRaven, January 29, 2010, 01:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

There are many mods available for Shadow of Chernobyl. These range from small, simple tweaks and changes all the way through to what are known as 'Total Conversion Mods' .
  Below is a list of some of the best ones available with links to get you there. All the mods listed are ones that I have used on my many adventures through the Zone so I know they w@&k and what you should expect from them. All are for the single player version of the game.

SIMPLE MODS

Head bob fix - this removes the slight wobble you get as you walk / run around. It can be found in the download section here at OWG.

Character Tweaks - this will increase your weight capacity from 50kg to 100kg, and slightly increases both run speed and jump height. It can be found in the download section here at OWG.

UI & HUD overhaul - this make changes to the HUD as well as the trading and looting screens. It can be found here http://stalker.filefront.com/file/UI_HUD_Overhaul;98585

Repair Kit - this adds a repair kit so you can fix your weapons and armour when they degrade through use and abuse. It can be found here http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Repair_Kit;98497

Conan TV - more for fun than anything, this mod changes the images on the TV screens. It can be found here http://stalker.filefront.com/file/TV_Conan_Scene;101881

ABC Sleeping bag - this adds a sleeping bag enabling you to sleep, handy for skipping through those dark and scary nights all alone in the zone. (just remember to eat first and make sure your in a safe place. Oh and watch out for those bad dreams!). It can be found here http://stalker.filefront.com/file/ABC_Sleeping_Bag_Mod;82029

LARGER MODS

Arena Extension - this adds to the arena in the bar, always good for a bit of practice. It can ve found here http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Arena_Extension_031_English;94276

Arsenal RC1 - this adds lots of new weapons to the game. It can be found here http://depositfiles.com/en/files/6893500

TOTAL CONVERSION MODS I recommend finishing the basic version of the game before trying any of the following mods. Each makes substantial changes, even re-writes much of the game. Check the links for more info on them.

Oblivion Lost http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Oblivion_Lost_22_for_1005;93039

Priboi Story http://stalker.filefront.com/file/STALKER_Priboi_Story_11;93629
and its patch http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Priboi_Story_113_Patch_for_10005;102753

NewsaSimbion http://www.gamerspedia.net/

There are more mods that I will add to the lists over the next few days after I have checked for latest version etc.
If you have any question or problems with any of them don't hesitate to ask, if I personally can not help then I can point you in the right direction at least.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

deadman1

I DL.:ed the headbobfix but I can´t get it to w@&k. I did what it said in the read me but since I don´t have the steamversion I´m not sure exactly were to put it. Oh btw do you know of any good trainers? I seem to be in need of one right now  :-[

RedRaven

For the none steam version go to the game folder in Program Files, in there you should have a series of 'gamedata.db' files (usually db0 to db9 and dba, dbb and dbc) if you can see them your in the right place.

Then create the gamedata/config/misc folders and place the "effectors" file in that. You also need to make sure you have changed the "false" to "true" in the fsgame file (its in the same folder as the db files).

That should fix it, have just double checked it on mine and its working. If your still having no success let me know and will w@&k on a solution for you.

Another thing you can do with the disc version of stalker is have multiple installations on your system. Simply rename the original folder to something like SoC 1, then when you put the disc in again you can install it again. At one point I had 5 installations going, the 'vanilla' version, then one for the 3 total conversion mods listed earlier and a final one to test other mods. You just have to remember to manage your saved games in a similar manner.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

cool tips, Red  :-X cheers :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Quote from: RedRaven on January 29, 2010, 05:10:49 PM
For the none steam version go to the game folder in Program Files, in there you should have a series of 'gamedata.db' files (usually db0 to db9 and dba, dbb and dbc) if you can see them your in the right place.

Then create the gamedata/config/misc folders and place the "effectors" file in that. You also need to make sure you have changed the "false" to "true" in the fsgame file (its in the same folder as the db files).

That should fix it, have just double checked it on mine and its working. If your still having no success let me know and will w@&k on a solution for you.

Another thing you can do with the disc version of stalker is have multiple installations on your system. Simply rename the original folder to something like SoC 1, then when you put the disc in again you can install it again. At one point I had 5 installations going, the 'vanilla' version, then one for the 3 total conversion mods listed earlier and a final one to test other mods. You just have to remember to manage your saved games in a similar manner.

That´s exactly where I put it, but I just remebered that I installed all of the patches before starting to play. Would that cause any problem for your mod?

RedRaven

It shouldn't matter, what patch are you ? 1.04, 1.05, 1.06?

deadman1

RedRaven

That may be the cause, will check it out later when back at my games system, I have only ever taken it to 1.05. For some reason 1.06 has never been featured on the official site, just looked into it and loooks like it only fixes things on the multi-player side of it.

Should have a fix for you this evening :-X .

JRD

Quote from: JRD on January 29, 2010, 11:24:19 AM
I was thinking about RedRaven... he is the one with great experience and passion for the STALKER series and proved himself a good mod for other boards as well.
I'm sure he'll be a very active member at that board and will bring some quality stuff to it (whether he is a mod or not won't make any difference, actually, he will be very, very active there  ;) ).

Besides, STALKER is known for allowing mods (not as in moderators, but as in modifications  :P ) that Red actually managed to create and /or find elsewhere. So he can really bring quality material to the boards and even maybe attract some other good members.

Told Ya!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

deadman1

Quote from: RedRaven on January 30, 2010, 07:33:42 AM
That may be the cause, will check it out later when back at my games system, I have only ever taken it to 1.05. For some reason 1.06 has never been featured on the official site, just looked into it and loooks like it only fixes things on the multi-player side of it.

Should have a fix for you this evening :-X .

I may have found a clue, when browsing around Filefront for mods to Stalker I noticed that many of them tells you to put the files into "gamedata" folder. That folder seems to be missing from my installationfolder where the db files are. Could it be that simple?

Art Blade

reminds me of OFP2 and the custom missions. I had to create a folder first to get them working :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

wexer9

I use Oblivion Lost + Arsenal. All of the awesomeness of OL plus a ton of new weapons, seamlessly combined. It's great. :)

RedRaven

Quote from: deadman on January 30, 2010, 12:58:46 PM
I may have found a clue, when browsing around Filefront for mods to Stalker I noticed that many of them tells you to put the files into "gamedata" folder. That folder seems to be missing from my installationfolder where the db files are. Could it be that simple?

That's probably it, the readme  file in with 'effectors' file does say to create one so you may of missed it, will re-write the readme file and re-post the fix. I may of made it a little unclear. Sorry about that. Hope you got it working  :-X

Quote from: wexer9 on January 30, 2010, 05:58:07 PM
I use Oblivion Lost + Arsenal. All of the awesomeness of OL plus a ton of new weapons, seamlessly combined. It's great. :)

I love the Artefact Alchemy in OL, it's a really neat function. When I first got into it I changed what Sidrovich had to trade so I could buy all the artefacts from him for next to nothing just so I could play about and create new artefacts. Great fun :-X

deadman1

Just checked and I did miss it  :-[  ;D

edit: just tried it after creating a folder and putting the files in there, it didn´t w@&k though. I still have a 50kg carry limit.

RedRaven

The weight allowance is in the characters tweaks download. Going to make a download that has both combined, and have Installed game from disc so can test it all in case there are any differences between disc & steam versions. Will get to the bottom of it one way or another ;)

Or you could try the one here http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Headbob_FIX;105895

he has done the same as I did, but has included the folders too.

deadman1

I hought you got both the headbob and the weght allowance in the same file or did I missread the description in the downloadssection? I could only find one file in the Stalker section. If so the it´s alright I was looking for a way to get a bigger allowance.

RedRaven

Its the "Character Tweaks" you need for weight allowance, if you want to make it more than 100kg let me know and will let you know where and how to do so. :-X

deadman1

Ok it´s official I´m a halfblind idiot :-[ I REALLY must learn to take a good look at the page before shooting my mouth (fingers?) off. I found it, seems I´ve pestering you about a mod that really wasn´t broken :D Im sorry about that mate :-[

Art Blade

Awwww, deadman! just because you were so eager to get things up and running doesn't mean you're a half-blind idiot (lol) -- happens to all of us  :) Glad you got it sorted out, mate, have fun  :)

RedRaven

No problems at all, it happens to us all every mow and then. Glad you got it sorted. Dont hesitate to ask anything, if I can I will help, no worries :-X

JRD

Or do like me... when you have a truly silly question about STALKER mods, PM RedRaven....... ::) :-[

Art Blade

you guys shouldn't be afraid of asking truly silly questions in the boards. We'll just answer them  :)

JRD

Ok then... Since Red said he has lots of free time and wants to build something constructive, here it goes!

How about a tutorial on installing mods on retail versions and STEAM versions of STALKER games?

I know it is not that hard to figure out, but it also can be a pain in the @ss sometimes...

Something for those who are not familiar with modding (like me and maybe deadman or anyone else reading the boards).
For instance:
On retail versions
1 - Find folder X
2 - Create a new folder inside this one and rename as Y
3 - Download this file and unzip into the new folder you just created
4 - Find a specific file named W... double clik on it and chage "False" to "True" in the second line

On STEAM version............ you get the idea...

Also, you can post something like "Creating mods to STALKER"

1 - Files that can be modded have a .XYZ extension.
2 - Open it on the Word Pad or any other editor you like.
3 - Ammount of ammo are stated on line 4... allowed weight to be carried on line 8... change values from 50 to 100 to be able to carry 100 kg... change it to 1000 to be able to carry one ton worth of ammo...

At least for STALKER, if Call of Pripyat maintain the same logic (I can't see why they would change it anyway) this new title will allow modding as well and thats the kind of feature that attracts fans to communities... if OWG can come up with quality content, we can have a great site for STALKER as we have for FC2... that would be excellent for us!!!

Thoughts?

RedRaven

Have Re-named this topic to Mods Discussion and started a new topic for Installing and Creating mods. Over the next few days I will put together some basic tutorials for all those who want them.
That way we can keep this thread for links to good mods and discussion on their more fun aspects and game play impact and keep the technical stuff in a separate thread.

deadman1

Well I got the correct file DL:ed and installed finally, it´s says max 100 kg in my inventory. However everytime I get above 60 kg it says that I´m overburdened and I can´t move, also I am unable to sprint even if the weight I´m carrying is are less that 60 kg. Any thoughts?

Tags:
🡱 🡳