Crash to desktop during server connection

Started by TheStranger, August 31, 2011, 10:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStranger

So out of curiosity I wanted to try the multiplayer part and from 10 servers I wanted to join I got 8 ctd during the server connection (even before I came into the lobby). The two times it worked were on empty servers and one were a few people were playing. Is this normal? Btw. I even "updated" punkbuster via copying the folder.

Art Blade

erm.. maybe replacing modded patch.dat/fat with the vanilla 1.03 patch files could help?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

PZ

That is a good point because the patch files affect MP

Art Blade

SP = whatever modding/cheating you like
MP = play it safe, use clean files and don't cheat.

:-D ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

TheStranger

Hmm yes I think that was the problem :D I forgot the modded files completely :D

Art Blade

Well, that was a massive problem with a simple solution, then  :-() Glad you can play MP again.  :-X

TheStranger

But I think I'll stick to the singleplayer part, it's more fun somehow.

Art Blade

I was thinking the same. Exception: Creating own maps and play them with friends.

PZ

Yes, when playing your own maps you can also use the AI mod I linked to in one of the other posts in the SP modding thread.  It allows you to create a patch file that allows you to include many other items including mercs in the MP maps

Tags:
🡱 🡳