End of the FC2 Server

Started by DKM2, October 18, 2009, 07:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKM2

Well, that's the end of the server, a family member needs the computer
and I don't have another good enough to replace it, and I can't use my main machine.

So till further notice, its down.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

That is very sad news.

However, I thank you for all the efforts and the great service you provided. I know you had many players hooked to your server and you did an excellent job keeping them happy, as well as all the w@&k and time involved regarding creating and maintaining player statistics and the display of those on the forum.

Thank you for everything you did for the MP community  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Truly sad news and I just mentioned your server to another OWG member.  In any case, you did a great job maintaining the MP server and I'm sure that it served countless hours of enjoyment!

Let us know if you ever want to do anything else with MP  :-X

DKM2

Thanks guys,
Not sure what to do now, I'll take a few weeks to figure it out.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Pac!ent

OMG !  :'(
Thats a bad news mate... We, czech player are all very gratefull to you for your great tool - Server manager and personally me, not only because you runned there my maps so much. Only because of that its total number of matches played on them such a high (37 000.. !).
I understand that if familly need that, you have to close it down and in case you would like to hire some it needs put some money in. And still - its a lot of w@&k with that.
I just come to post it that I made new map but now its not so important, only for let you know that another map is out... :(
Ok, check it out here on UBI forum
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3171037696/m/4491099797

And please try find some solution how to give one of the best server back please.
And if you going still make any update of Server Manager, please let me know  :)

DKM2

Quote from: Pac!ent on October 20, 2009, 10:51:02 AM
And please try find some solution how to give one of the best server back please.

And if you going still make any update of Server Manager, please let me know  :)

I have another PC, but it will never cut it as a server, single core and half the speed,
it would suck, and I'm not building another till next year.

Yeah another update is coming, adding your "51" thing to config
and change the banning from just using the kick command to the full ban command.
I just need to sit down long enough to do it.

Pac!ent

Quote from: DKM2 on October 20, 2009, 11:44:11 AM
Yeah another update is coming, adding your "51" thing to config
and change the banning from just using the kick command to the full ban command.
I just need to sit down long enough to do it.
Great !  :-X
Looking forward to it  ;)

ironfly

Damn...

I was wondering what happened to it. That was my favorite server.

I say we start a collection.

I have an AM2 mobo, a 550W Antec PSU, and 2GB 800Mhz RAM I'd be willing to donate. the mobo needs a new north bridge cooler but I'll throw an after market cooler(it would be better than the stock one) on it if you want it.
also have a bunch of spare HDs but they're IDE so I doubt you'd want them and a few older 15" LCDs that my wife would love to get rid of.

i have other stuff too but doubt it's good enough to run a server.

let me know if you're interested. seriously

DKM2

:)
I appreciate that ironfly,
but its not just losing the PC, but time also.

ironfly

understood

maybe I'll build it out. should be able to for $100 or so with a 3 Ghz dual core Athlon.

don't know that much about the server config stuff though, have to start studying.

SeaStormOP

I may have a solution.
I have an extra computer that I only use to compute the data of the Hydrogen frequency collected from the Arecibo Radio Telescope.

It is a Quad core. Read my personnal message DKM2

In the interim lets all take a deep breath and good gaming... :-X

SeaStormOP

Tags:
🡱 🡳