Weapons choice

Started by retiredgord, March 23, 2009, 05:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foghorn Leghorn

I absolutely love the silent head kill at a Guard Post, and then 10-15 seconds later another guard walks by with the "Oh Christ, he's dead!".   8)

Ricamundo

Yes Art, the MGL is great on the boats, it makes quick w@&k of those annoying merc swamp boats or river side machine gun posts.

I am anxious to try the deagle, but it's not unlocked yet. I like the MAC 10, but i like to have a powerful handgun available too. I've given up on the 6P9. in Infamous, i have no crosshair, so aiming for the head has been a problem. I use the silenced shotty for asassinations now. I'm down to 14% accuracy. Ouch!
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

On the PC, I set the difficulty level on infamous and then tried the 6P9 - because the aiming using the mouse is so precise, it was not too difficult to get the head shots.  On the other hand, I can't stay alive long enough to get more than one or two!   ;)

Foghorn Leghorn

Quote from: Ricamundo on May 04, 2009, 04:16:45 AM
Yes Art, the MGL is great on the boats, it makes quick w@&k of those annoying merc swamp boats or river side machine gun posts.

I am anxious to try the deagle, but it's not unlocked yet. I like the MAC 10, but i like to have a powerful handgun available too. I've given up on the 6P9. in Infamous, i have no crosshair, so aiming for the head has been a problem. I use the silenced shotty for asassinations now. I'm down to 14% accuracy. Ouch!

I find that if I use the Iron Sights on the PS3, it gets me close and then I fine tune upwards a hair.  Since I'm already in hiding anyway, the extra second or so isn't so bad - it's a bit of an adrenaline rush, actually....  :-[

The Iron Sights actually works out well as a "stealth detector" as well, as it will home in on someone hiding in bushes, behind trees, etc.

Art Blade

Using a PC, I am deprived of aim assistance. Then again, there is a crosshair available, which I don't use either. The aiming with a proper mouse and mousemat is so bloody precise I can perform head shots with a 6P9 at targets so far away that they are hard to see at all :) That means, that gun has an amazing range too.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That's my experience too, the accuracy at distance is far better than what the manuals claim.

deadman1

I´m using almost the same loadout as PZ :D
1W AK47/FN FAL/AR-16
2W 6P9/IED/COLT45/DEAGLE (when it´s unlocked and depending on the mission)
SW DART exclusively

The silent Makarov is a great stealth weapon when you need to sneak in past guards and such. I´ve actually done the mission where you kill the teacher using only the Makarov, getting in and out undetected  :). I´ll try to write an article about it when I do the mission on this playtrough.

PZ

Great deadman! - Looking forward to your story - if you haven't already done so, try using the 6P9 on the small propane cans - they explode after 3 rounds and start great fires - best part, the mercs don't even know you started them unless they see you.

Welcome to the forum!

Art Blade

I think "unless they get burned by your fire" - I did so many pyromaniac stunts over at Sefapane... I remember I shot a propane can, it went off like a crazy dog setting everything on fire. I hid on the roof. Then, all of a sudden, I heard "Whuaa...AAAaaaaaargh!" and the leave cease fire zone sign popped up... I didn't even know where he who died was at that time :) And of course, "we under attack?!" lol
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

huh?  Where who died...  ;D

Art Blade

<chuckle> yeah yeah yeah :) I think the game is nothing, a whole lot less than nothing, without those merc lines :)

PZ

[snicker]  I have come to find the merc dialog exceedingly amusing for some reason, probably due to the conversations we've had in the forum.  I'd like to make mp3 recordings of their lines one of these days and post them for everyone's amusement.

RedRaven

amusing merc lines aside is it just me or does anyone else feel like putting a few rounds in the mercs with bad attitude, mainly in pala, can be walking down the street, minding my own and then one pipes up "you better keep on walking", or "yeah, what do you want" or even more annoyingly when they get in your way then say "hey, keep out of my space" or some such. they can be pretty cheeky for cannon fodder really.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

spaceboy

Quote from: dke58 on May 04, 2009, 11:32:34 PM
they can be pretty cheeky for cannon fodder really.

I agree, one time I killed a merc in Pala, just to watch him die.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

DKM2

Quote from: spaceboy on May 05, 2009, 04:34:49 AM
Quote from: dke58 on May 04, 2009, 11:32:34 PM
they can be pretty cheeky for cannon fodder really.

I've seen your videos, you're a scary guy.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Fiach

You sure that wasn't Reno?  ;D ;)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

spaceboy

Quote from: DKM2 on May 05, 2009, 05:19:43 AM
I've seen your videos, you're a scary guy.

Thanks, but if I'm so scary how come my heart is always pumping when the mercs come shooting?

Quote from: Fiach on May 05, 2009, 05:46:42 AM

You sure that wasn't Reno?  ;D ;)

nice catch, I wondered who'd notice the reference  :-X
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

DKM2

I'm sure thats just recoil spaceboy.      ;)
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

Quote from: dke58 on May 04, 2009, 11:32:34 PMdoes anyone else feel like putting a few rounds in the mercs with bad attitude

Really, I can't say I don't  ;D Especially if they tell me on leaving town not to bother coming back. I once turned around and saw a merc with a face that looked like a blind cobbler's thumb, and shot him where it hurts most. A couple of times, I admit  ;D

PZ

I've made it a habit lately to leave a few town guys dead as I run to the bus stop in Pala, or escape through the hole in the wooden fence in Port Selao.  This is especially easy early in either map when the mercs have bad attitude.  I must admit that I am more tolerant when they say "Sorry... my fault..." or "I don't want any trouble here brutha..."

A few methods I've used:

• Go loud with an AK, kill as many as I can until I need a syrette, then run away
  • Use the 6P9 and repeatedly aim at them, then lower the weapon until they become irritated enough to go postal.
  • Covertly drop IEDs in various locations (careful, if they see you they'll alert) then move to a safe distance and enjou the chorus of ahhhh..... huahhhhhs" (particularly satisfying after they've been showing attitude.
  • Use a flamethrower in a large group - they must be roman descendants with the way they flame up like candles.
  • Park a vehicle loaded with IEDs
One of the most enjoyable town visits is in Sefapane - they don't respawn endlessly.  Oh, almost forgot - drive a GL truck to Pala and shell the town from the road to Mike's - you can do so safely for as long as you want.

TheFishlord

Quote from: Art Blade on May 05, 2009, 08:03:04 AM
Quote from: dke58 on May 04, 2009, 11:32:34 PMdoes anyone else feel like putting a few rounds in the mercs with bad attitude

Really, I can't say I don't  ;D Especially if they tell me on leaving town not to bother coming back. I once turned around and saw a merc with a face that looked like a blind cobbler's thumb, and shot him where it hurts most. A couple of times, I admit  ;D

Heh. Once I got into a staring/aiming contest with a group of them, and when they got too serious I backed down. As I walked away though one of those cheeky ones yelled, "Bye bye! Tell your mum I'll see her tonight!"

BRRRP
:D

Promptly broke a bottle over that guy's head...a molotov cockatail bottle, that is  :P

Foghorn Leghorn

Quote from: TheFishlord on May 05, 2009, 11:58:14 AM
Quote from: Art Blade on May 05, 2009, 08:03:04 AM

Heh. Once I got into a staring/aiming contest with a group of them, and when they got too serious I backed down. As I walked away though one of those cheeky ones yelled, "Bye bye! Tell your mum I'll see her tonight!"

BRRRP

Promptly broke a bottle over that guy's head...a molotov cockatail bottle, that is  :P

I just had the same thing happen to me!  Except that I went ahead and plowed into the guy, driving him into the other guy, and the "Escape cease-fire zone" message popped up.

I popped a bullet into each of their skulls, and I hopped in my Jeep and drove away.   >:(

JRD

Quote from: TheFishlord on May 05, 2009, 11:58:14 AM
Tell your mum I'll see her tonight!"

BRRRP

That's just great... I love your prompt reaction... quite proportional to his attitude.... good one TheFishlord
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

KingRat

Normal loadouts after I bought all the crates went something like this>
1w:AK or sniper
2w:M-79 or Uzi
1s:SAW or Dart

Then there are my alter ego loadouts>
Dr.Boom:MGL-140/Carl-G or RPG/M-79 and MK-19 assult truck if handy...
Mr.Snipe:AS50 or Dragunov/Dart/Uzi
Mr.Sneak:MP5/Dart/6P9

:)

deonnemiah

I always go stealth:

Camo
Silenced Makarov
Silenced MP5
Dart Rifle

Purchased all Bandoliers, Repair Upgrades And Accuracy Upgrades of course, STEALTH RULES, theres nothing like sniping the 2 snipes at the fort and then running up and headshotting everyone without a single shot getting fired at you, and then walking away as the sun rises.

Tags:
🡱 🡳