FC2 modded: started a new play through as Marty

Started by PZ, October 07, 2011, 08:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

After leaving Pala, I headed toward the cock fight arena to begin my training.  I've changed everything in the weapons dealer computer to one diamond in cost, and available from the beginning, so in the part of the training where you are to purchase a weapon, I was able to use my 10 diamonds to purchase the 6P9, AR-16, Dart, all accuracy items, grenadier and pyrotechnic satchels, and two bandoleers.  The modded bandoleers give me 450 rounds of AR-16, and 110 darts.

Once I delivered the tape to the Church in Pala, the diamonds became available so I stole the diamonds from the two locations in Pala, then went toward Mikes where I got the two near the wrecked car, and the diamonds in the hut near Mikes.  This allowed me to purchase the pistol bandoleer which gave me 200 rounds of 6P9 ammo, and the reliability manuals which make my weapons last at least through one complete act.  I also purchased the camo suit and maxed out my stim packs.  Now I have my ideal modded weapons load out and I'm ready for action.   >:D

An interesting aside - modding my weapons gives me the same advantage that the mercs have always had - long range.  Most of you recall that you can be only a speck in the eye of a merc, yet he and all his friends can easily target and hit you - now I have the same advantage, except even one better - my weapons are strong enough for one-shot kills.  >:D

PZ

Another side benefit that I noticed affecting my enjoyment of the game.  Rather than picking up new weapons each time I visit the armory, I just pick up expendables like ammo, Molotovs, and grenades.  Feels ever so slightly more realistic - after all, in real life when I go to a sporting good store to pick up rifle ammo, I don't pick up a rifle each time.  :-()

fragger

Quote from: PZ on October 07, 2011, 09:34:31 PM
after all, in real life when I go to a sporting good store to pick up rifle ammo, I don't pick up a rifle each time.  :-()

Good point :)

Can't wait to hear about what sort of havoc you'll wreak with those goodies :-X

Art Blade

Playing a modded game from scratch is a lot of fun indeed, depending however on how heavily you actually modded it. I tend to cheat in SP anyway so that plus modding makes it a heavenly chillaxing experience for me. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

So far I've modded my weapons a bit so that at least I'm on par with the mercs, however, I can jump rather high (onto buildings) so that loses immersion quality.  My M4 is full auto now, and degrades really slowly.  My 6P9 easily does single shot kills to the torso, but still wounds the limbs.  So far, the game is much better than vanilla for me with these small alterations.  :-()

PZ

Had a bit of fun with an ATP - I was driving a Datsun from the northeast bus stop in Leboa toward the fort.  There is an ATP that patrols near the safe house just east of the fort - they were coming at me and I passed on the left.  I knew they would chase me down so I threaded my way through the safe house area and sure enough - they hit a tree.  ^+-+

fragger

They all flunked driving school, that's for sure :-()

I got into a good car chase the other day. I was driving north of the Ranger Station after getting the diamond case from that isolated wooden tower when the patrolling DD saw me and gave chase. I headed NW across the road and then around the big mass of rock into the desert, then due south, all the while with this persistent clown in his town car sticking with me. He stayed on me for ages, almost all the way down to the rock formations near the SW Weapon Shop. He'd get alongside and we'd be trying to bump each other askew, or he'd be running into me from behind. A couple of times I thought I'd shaken him, but then I'd hear his engine revving and sure enough, he'd be catching up to me again. Even with smoke coming from under his hood, he kept it up. Finally I bumped him into a cactus and left him behind. Great fun and quite exciting while it lasted :-()

PZ

^+-+ :-X

I remember when many people playing FC2 thought the mercs in vehicles were really a problem - these days they are just plain fun to manipulate into some obstacle.

nexor

I also had a funny a few days ago, I was leaving the airfield in Leboa going east towards the T junction at the river hoping to run into the merc with the Datsun patrolling that area, I turned left at the T and as I got to the bend in the road the joker came racing towards me, we both were speeding and by the time he turned around and gave chase I had worked up a bit of a lead, I kept on checking my rear and as he got close to me I came to a sudden halt!!, he tried to swerve to the right to miss me but didn't quite make it, his car clipped my jeep and caused him to fly into the air over my jeep and while in the air the car flipped over and land
on it's roof, bye bye merc.............. :-()

PZ

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳