Buddy quest: Marty Alencar - Khat - all ambhibious

Started by PZ, July 23, 2009, 09:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Marty wanted to give me a second mission - steal the khat (some kind of illicit drug) from it's location between two greenhouses at the OCC Growers farm.

• Time of day: dawn - the sun just crests the eastern horizon
  • Weapons: MP5, 6P9, dart
  • Travel plan: river only
Marty's first quest went so well I decided to use a similar approach on this one - travel the rivers to the "back door" of the OCC growers and sneak through the crops.  Had to pass the back door to Private Property and a locked safe house - mercs at all locations gave me a few problems, but nothing the MP5 couldn't handle.

Once I arrived at the OCC beach and made my way toward the sniper tower, all hell broke loose - there must have been 10-15 guys beneath me, all with shotguns.  I tried to run away, but they got me - Josip had to rescue my sorry a$$, but I managed to finally get the khat and return to Mike's (or is the Jackal's) bar.

I normally use the foot path on the southern end of the growers farm, which I believe is the easiest, but the approach from the river is full of excitement, and non-stop shooting once you get to the area.

JRD

Again, great story...

I faced the challenge to do that mission the stealth way once, and it was great... took that same route as well  :-X :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

wierd, just done that mission as Josip, but for Warren, just waited for night to fall then went in with MAC10, MP5 and LPO50. plenty of grenades. got in and out in less than 2 minutes. then had to hide from patrol until could get more ammo. Its often one of most testing locations in north map i find. never easy like Railyard, Oasis and some of others.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

I'm having a great time in this play through because I'm only at 4% but have completed all of the weapons convoy and assassination missions so I have all of my favorite weapons.  Haven't done any main missions yet, and am now working on the buddy quests.  Much as it hurts, will kill Marty (my main buddy) as soon as I start doing the main missions.  My plan is to kill all main buddies while doing their subverted missions and see where that takes me.

RedRaven

hahaha..... again WIERD cos thats almost exactly what doing here, opened up all guns, now going thru antenna missions. but have only bought G3-KA4, going with a Full-Auto approach, but still using vehicles as much as possible, mainly due to PKM ;D - gotta love that unlimited Ammo feeling. (trying to not buy more scrounging instead. will see what % reach before give in and buy loads of guns) :-\
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

I did it almost like PZ does now, in my current game. All convoys done, skipping side missions, did main missions and killed my best buddy every time. One rescue buddy killed. Found the crashed plane buddy and shot him after serving the drug, right there "on site"  ;D Left me with Michele, who probably sits on her thumbs. No best nor rescue buddy active, she doesn't sign up. Will be at Mike's (again) asking me to push that bloody fridge. Apparently I can't kill every buddy before the transition to Bowa kicks in.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳