Check here for ARMA2 in-game maps

Started by PZ, July 23, 2009, 08:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

The entire Chernarus world has been mapped

Click the link below to go to the Chernarus main map, which is divided into quadrants.  Although you will not see quadrant borders, you can click in any of the quadrants (the map divided into 4 equal parts) to see a enlarged view.

Each quadrant is divided into 25 sectors, with each sector encompassing a 10x10 square area.

The main map is huge - there are exactly one hundred 10x10 sectors!

Click here for Chernarus

Respond to this thread with any questions or comments for improvement.  It is kind of crude now, but we hope to add click-able graphics that give screen shots or other useful information.

RedRaven

cricky, thats some chess board!
would like to request a down-loadable version if possible ?
net has erratic tendencies in my area, be good to know could refer to it without spending time trying to re-connect. also be able to test adding info / images etc with no fear of "breaking it"
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

That's been created using the TOPOGRAPHY cheat, right?
I managed to get that same image but was having a hard time to export it as .jpg or .png with good definition.
Yours is great... good w@&k, will sure help in the future  :-X

Meanwhile I found a .jpg map on the net, the same one you placed in the front A2 board (silly me, the all-mighty-Google has it all  :-[ ) and managed to transcribe my scratches using an ordinary editing software.... will deffo finish that mission this weekend and post my findings as a walkthrough, then we can find a way to make it available here or in some other way you find better.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Yes, the original map was captured using the topography cheat - the original, as you mentioned, is huge - when converted to jpg is 97 mb.  As I understand it, each square represents 100x100 meters in the game when viewed at the highest magnification.  (each of the 100 high magnification images have 100 squares, which gives you an idea of the resolution).  When looking at the map in the editor, you can "see" things as small as a dog house.

I also managed to get the raw data for the Utes map before I fell asleep last night - will see what I can do with that one today.

dke58 - I plan to have a downloadable version on the site soon.  :-X

spaceboy

looks great PZ,  I nice big world to play in.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Thanks spaceboy - this is definitely a shooter with potential  :-X

RedRaven

Fantastic . have yet to get truely stuck into ARMA2, keep doing boot camp and messing about. if there is anything Map/Image related can assist with just let me know, not doing much else at moment so be good to be constructive. :)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Thanks for the offer dke - there is much to do and we can sure use help.

As to the boot camp, I'd recommend getting into the armory and using the GETALLGEAR cheat so you can try everything in the game.  While you're playing around in the armory, a popup will appear periodically offering you a mini mission, which you can accept or deny - really a cool way to test your skills with the weapon you've been playing with.  The armory is where I spend most of my time in the game so far.

Also, gvse just pointed me to a link where you can add this fantastic looking silent sniper rifle mod to the game - will try it soon.  In fact, the armaholics web site has a huge selection of mods, editor tools, missions, etc. - really a good site to get content for the game.

RedRaven

ahhhh.... you probably should not of told me that, Must resist
Must resist Must resist Must resist Must resist Must resist......
  reckon can hold out till sunday then its TANK DAY all day for me ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳