ArmA2 on STEAM

Started by JRD, July 07, 2009, 09:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

A few questions from a guy who never used STEAM and barely knows how the heck it works  ::)
It says available since June 29 for US$ 49,99.
- So I just sign in, pay, download to my PC, install and play?
- Does it matter if I'm registering from outside USA / Europe? I'm from Brazil so a new game here is quite expansive (3x - 4x more expansive  >:( ). If I can purchase it via STEAM and download it, it's both legal and cheap, which puts a large smile on my face  ;D
- Can someone come up with pros and cons of STEAM?
I'm checking the STEAM site to clear those questions but maybe a trustworthy member who has used STEAM before can give me better info.
The site does not mention how to do a purchase from outside USA / EU, so I'm not sure if it's possible for me so far  :(
Thanks in advance for any ideas / thoughts from our great membership.... one can always count on you guys  :-X

@ spaceboy... no, FUEL is not available at STEAM  :'(
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

sorry JRD, never used nor inteded to use steam  :(
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

gvse

Ola JRD, tudo bem? :)
I use steam and I haven't had any problems with it so far. For me they are quite expensive, but they often do promotions and then you can buy titles dirt cheap. One major advantage is that you eliminate the stupid cd check that usually comes with boxed releases. After you donwload the game you can make a backup to dvds so there's no need for another hefty download session.
I would imagine that if you can see the american version of steam then you should be able to buy games off it, but double check with them.
In my opinion it's a good and trustworthy platform with an active commuinty. Another site you might consider is gamersgate.com (got the FC2 expansion pack from them and all has been good).
Fica bem pa! ;)

JRD

Thanks gvse... great tips  :-X

ArmA2 goes for US$ 49,99 at STEAM and amazon.com... not priced at gamersgate.com though. It's quite expansive but when it hit the shelves in Brazil it'll be something like US$130 (that's how much FUEL for PS3 costs today  :( )... so it still acceptable for my standards as I don't want to buy pirate copies.

Think I'll try to purchase the Fortune's Pack as a test, if all goes well I'll have an ATV and a crossbow for 5 bucks and the certainty that I can purchase games via STEAM ;D

As a member of OWG, I know I can trust your opinion and thoughts... thanks a lot mate, really appreciated  :-X

By the way, "Fica bem pa" gives away a Portuguese influence on you  ;)
Valeu mano (cheers mate)

gvse

Be careful with Fortune's pack on steam!!! If memory serves me right it works only with digital (download) versions of FC2. Gamersgate has it for the boxed release.
You got it right of course, I have some Portuguese friends and picked up some phrases from them (been learning the language for 6 months and I got to know some basic vocab :))

JRD

Thanks again... precious info  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳