Why game reviewers shouldnt be trusted

Started by Fiach, October 27, 2012, 01:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

Game PR persons, should have an adversarial relationship with Games Reviewers, this is not always the case, you may remember the IGN reviewer that gave a bad score to a game and got sacked, or the PR person that sent Destructoid's reviewer, Jim Sterling, tweets about how he should have reviewed a particular game.

Here are some more up to date stories that are currently doing the rounds.

While this article is laudible, I find it ironic, the amount of times the writer pimped out Mountain Dew and Doritos :), also, be aware that part of the article has since been censored (see the side bar).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-24-lost-humanity-18-a-table-of-doritos

http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/libel-alleged-legal-threats-and-conflicts-of-interest-the-twisted-story-of-

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Congratulations on your 2,000th post, Fiach  :) :-X

What took you so long?  ???? :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Well, we old folks like to take our time with the important stuff, like when the young bull calf said to the old bull..."Hey Pa!, lets run down to that field and f@#k a cow!", to which the old bull said, ..."no son, lets walk down there and f@#k them all!"   >:D

PZ

mandru

Selecting good games is hard enough without the waters being muddied by professional shills.  :-\\

Yet another good reason to hang around here and keep track of games that are being enjoyed by you guys to help me make my purchase choices.  :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Fiach, nice dialogue quote by Robert Duvall addressing Sean Penn, from "Colors"  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on October 28, 2012, 04:14:25 AM
Fiach, nice dialogue quote by Robert Duvall addressing Sean Penn, from "Colors"  :-D

Only an old fart like me would recognise that  >:D :laugh:

Art Blade

so either you are me or I am you.. or, er, well no. Let's just say, welcome to the club, old crock  :-()

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on October 29, 2012, 11:40:37 AM
so either you are me or I am you.. or, er, well no. Let's just say, welcome to the club, old crock  :-()

No you're PZ! Christ, I thought we had established that, short term memory is not your strong point Art.  :D :angel: >:D :laugh:

PZ

:laugh:  If I'm actually Art, and PZ is simply another admin account of mine, then can you imagine how many posts I really have!

Fiach

Quote from: PZ on October 29, 2012, 01:06:06 PM
:laugh:  If I'm actually Art, and PZ is simply another admin account of mine, then can you imagine how many posts I really have!

You mean we.... no...wait....oh ffs >.<.....*looks around for a cat to kick*....

Art Blade

^ now he's completely lost it  8-X  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳