Dog a$$ UBI Steals PC User's Preorder Bonus Content

Started by mandru, December 04, 2012, 06:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on December 11, 2012, 12:47:14 PM
I think I could still count how many times I used a console or a controller, respectively.  :-D FC3 overall doesn't exactly feel as if it were developed for a PC, too much "hand over hand" moving in the menus for that matter. Or, fixed key functions that are not even mentioned at all in the key mapping menu, see F9/F11 for quick save/load. But it doesn't feel completely awkward, so they found a somewhat decent compromise to make it playable on a PC.

Would you say that FC3 is at least as PC friendly as FC2?

Art Blade

yes. :) With regards to the graphics, even more so as I can run it all on high (except shadows on low) using dx9. It is the same PC I only bought to be able to play FC2 back then  :-() :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I should have been more clear - I meant to ask is mouse control as friendly in FC3 as in FC2.  Mandru indicates that mouse control in AC3 is not nearly as simple as it was in prior games  :-()

fragger

I'm finding that it's the same in both games, I have no beef with it at all.

But then you may recall that I'm a bit of a maverick here with my control preferences, I don't map my keys and mouse anything like the way many of you guys appear to do. I like to set up my controls like so (I'm right-handed, using a bog-standard 3-button mouse):

Right hand:
LMB - Move forward
RMB - Fire
MMB - Ironsight
Mouse axes - look around.

Left Hand:
Up Arrow - Jump
L/R Arrow - Strafe
Down Arrow - Move backwards.

I also map the keys for crouching and sprinting to the right Ctrl & Shift respectively so that they're under my left little finger, and map Reload to Keypad 0. Most other keys I leave as they are.

In these regards, I find the mouse control in FC3 perfectly fine.

Art Blade

mouse control and keyboard layout are good, only the fact that some keys cannot be rebound (F9/F11) is strange.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳