GTA movies, short films etc

Started by Art Blade, November 04, 2011, 12:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I had long been thinking about that editor that comes with the game and I never had a cool clip worth uploading but today I got one. Probably my only vid.

Take a look :)

https://tv.rockstargames.com/videos/view/id/5391FABBDDC46373
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

The burning passenger looked funny  :-()

Art Blade

Hehe yes, one trips over that little fence :) Actually calling a cop a passenger is funny :) You were watching two cops in their car.. car explodes, they catch on fire and stumble out (or stumble out and then catch on fire). I crashed too but my car didn't catch on fire so I just walked out and away :)

I mean, how strange and funny is that. You get chased by a police car, they follow you including drifts around corners and even jump with you down a bridge.. lol.. and then they were just a little unlucky.. hitting that structure and blowing up their car.. hehehe  >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Alright, a second clip coming up. I reckon it will be my last one because of several facts:

The editor is a chore. Slow, clumsy, and kind of has a mind of its own. Recording clips to me is random luck, sometimes the game records 10 seconds, sometimes 13, and when I died, around 30. If you want to show something that took a minute you have to fear that either the start or the end will be missing, if not more. Last but not least, uploading a clip takes for bloody ever, even with a halfway decent connection. And then, you're only allowed to upload the uttermost crappy quality, called "web" while you may save 720 and 1024 or so bit (I reckon it's TV standards, originating from and meant for consoles) on your rig. What is that good for? Admiring my own vids in higher quality? Nice.

OK.. coming up any minute now.. GAH! "Upload failed, please try again!" Probably because I hoped I could upload it in the background  :D Once more, then  >:(( ::)

Art Blade

done... kind of a music video with slow motion action of two accidents, bike and car. Took me quite some time editing so it matches the music. And it's NOT funk this time  :-()

https://tv.rockstargames.com/videos/view/id/6D8AFFEA6AB8F0F9

Binnatics

:laugh: Nice video. "Smashing desire"  ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Binnatics

The one expressing your "smashing desire"  ^-^

Well, never mind, the burning cops are funny too ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Art Blade

It's hard to admit, hehe, but it is addictive (making videos). I couldn't let go and had to give it yet another try, this time some kind of psychedelic dream vid. I only did it because I had a strange accident and a 30 second clip which thanks to time stretch (slow motion) plays now 2:44 -- Enjoy :)

https://tv.rockstargames.com/videos/view/id/AFAFA3CBF9338F03

fragger

I like the second clip with the flying Nico :laugh: That guy sure can take a lot of punishment :-()

Art Blade

fragger

:)

The accidents are funny in that game. In Lost and Damned, when I was trying to get the hang of controlling the motorcycle with the club president on the back, I kept running into all kinds of things - walls, streetlights, backs of cars, other bikes - and unceremoniously spilling the prez on the road as well as myself. Some of the resulting comments were funny, like "Hey Johnny (me) - you're losing your edge!" Yeah, along with most of my road rash-removed skin... My pillion, Billy, was awfully forgiving for the club president of a bunch of outlaw 1%ers after he'd been tumbled on the bitumen or slammed against a wall and sometimes run over by his own gang members. He'd just get up and get back on with me, ready for his next dumping :-()

Art Blade

yes, I love those accidents. They were basically the reason for my vids :) And your comments or quotes make me laugh :laugh:

fragger

Art Blade

OK, one last vid (for tonight). Escaped a burning car just to get caught by it again and again  :-D Short vid with only 28 seconds  :-()

https://tv.rockstargames.com/videos/view/id/B8810FECC56226DC

Binnatics

Heheh, nice one ^-^

The contrast between the cool Nico with his baseball bat over hits shoulder and that same Nico screaming in pain burning on the ground is extreme :-X

Art Blade

:laugh:

For me the funny thing about that vid was the fact that he fell victim to that burning car three times. First he got out of the burning car, then that car gets smacked by another car and sent flying into Nico (what a crazy accident) and he catches on fire, and finally when he just recovers from those burns he catches alight once more, caused by the very same car, yet again.  :laugh:

Art Blade

45 seconds -- Parking Lesson with Nico. How you don't do it and how you do it right (with speed and style)  :-()

https://tv.rockstargames.com/videos/view/id/5077F89140FCA96F

Binnatics

I think you did a nice parking there, but the blurry gray effects made it a bit hard to see the difference between wrong and right. Anyway, I saw some nice 180's and 360's there ;) :-X

Art Blade

I was thinking about releasing the same vid in a regular colour scheme. The one I used there is called "Sketch" and made it a bit more comic book like.

What you may not have seen so good (the wrong bit) was that he didn't park in the spaces meant for cars but just stopped on the pavement.

Art Blade

done :) Oh, and thank you  :-()

no fancy filters and a slight modification in what was "wrong" ;)

https://tv.rockstargames.com/videos/view/id/8B5B3BA62EA47591

Binnatics

:-X

Now that is some proper parking  ;)

Art Blade

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳