Art's Peak

Started by JRD, August 27, 2009, 03:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on August 21, 2009, 02:18:00 PM
"dig this"  ;D ;D

[smg id=1247 align=center width=400]

I think it's the highest mountain (almost impossible to climb)

[smg id=1244]

and I survived the descending roaring ride YIEHA  ;D ;D

When FUEL board was created we had the idea of pinpointing places of particular interest on maps. It's not fully operational, but the idea of naming places still cool ;)

So there I was, free roaming through my recently unlocked area "Dead Lady's Lake" when I remembered Art's post I quoted above. I decided to pay the area a visit and had one excellent time there.

An overwhelming view...

[smg id=1282]

Especially on a stormy day
I decided to go up anyway in my trusty Dustgrinder

[smg id=1283]

The view is stunning as you get closer

[smg id=1288]

[smg id=1284]

Art's Peak is in the tip of a steep ridge. I waited till the sun was in the horizon to enjoy the view.

[smg id=1292]

An amazing view from up there...

[smg id=1285]

[smg id=1294]

As usual, going down is the fun part  ;D ;D ;D

[smg id=1293]

[smg id=1287]

[smg id=1291]

One steep descend indeed...

[smg id=1290]

I've seen steep areas before at Big Cauldron's Edge (into the cauldron, actually), but this time I survived the descend...

Thanks Art for the tip... guess it deseves your name on it  :-X :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

:) :) :) Thank you  :-X

Nice pics you took there, and I'm glad you are enjoying yourself.

About those mountains, when I was new at the game I always tried to go straight to the point (kind of my general philosophy) but I realised sometimes you can't get where you want like that. So I practiced "reading" maps, which I find a little difficult in FUEL. On normal maps you can recognise heights but on those FUEL maps you have to deal with satellite images that show shadows. I can't always tell if what I see is the shadow of a mountain or of a canyon, or on which side of what I am (am I in front of a mountain or behind it). However, after some trial and error I learned how to look for spots that are not exactly mountain tops but shallow/smooth/flat accesses to some passes or slopes. Like that, you get a fair bit easier to hard-to-reach spots on the map, especially vistas or liveries. And nice peaks :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I departed from the northern helipad in the map ypu show and went up on a goat-like strategy.... what a great ride that was.
I love fooling around in FUEL, looking for spots to go and take a nice picture... and then going down as a maniac, of course!

btw, which bike did you use to get there?

Art Blade

As usual, the Valkyrie.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Right... that's a maverick right?

Guess I just got that one at Dustbowl City!!

Art Blade

I don't remember if it was a maverick, but it's the one you see in most of my pics.

Going to quote myself (lol) so you see some of the pics I took at "Art's peak"

Quote from: Art Blade on August 21, 2009, 01:03:47 PM
[...] a mountain that seems to be too high and steep to climb it. We managed to climb the mountain in the southeast, about where you see the stars count in the map view. So it was quite a long ride once we were on top to move to the spot close to the [...] lake [...] What a nice view :)

[smg id=1242 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1243 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1244 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1245 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1246 align=center width=400]

spaceboy

great shots JRD.  At first I didn't like the quick day/night cycle but it's nice actually not to have to wait long to get that sunset pic.  I'll have to visit Art's peak myself!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Tags:
🡱 🡳