Argh, stupid! (lol)

Started by Art Blade, August 23, 2009, 05:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Maybe you have these moments, too... post them :)

stuck
[smg id=1265 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

haha, Art I did a similar trick with the mission to deliver the truck to Sefapane to help Nasreen blow up the garage (maybe it's not always Nasreen I guess).

Anyways, I was so turned about on how to get into the garage area that I attempted a sharp turn and ground the damn thing on the concrete base of a road sign.  Could not move it.  Stupid is exactly how I felt  :-[
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

We still love you  ;D Nice story  :-X

By the way, this topic isn't limited to stupid moments we had ourselves, if you know some stupid or silly merc moments... go on, post away  :)

I like this one, don't ask what happened, I just kept the pic for some time now, hoping to find a topic for it. Found it ;)

[smg id=1268 align=center width=400]

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

that one should've been one of the "caption contests".  For this one I'd say "Damn those doors are hard to open!"

PZ

lol, good one!

As an aside, I often use another vehicle to knock my favorite vehicle back into proper position after I've managed to get it stuck.  For instance, I was in a GL AT I stole from some mercs and was visiting Sediko when I became hopelessly stuck in a ditch.  To solve the problem I went to Sediko and took the buggy, then rammed my GL truck until it became un-stuck.

Hacko

Well I rolled up on this odd scene the other day in my Datsun (in the background of the top pic). I found the mercs a little ways away up the road. I still can't figure out how they did this. LOL ;D

[smg id=1270]
[smg id=1269]

Art Blade

PZ

That's the first time I've seen anything like that!

Hacko

It must have spawned above the bridge and fell through. Like I said, I found the Merc's up the road before I rolled up on the bridge. They were in a spot that Merc's don't usually patrol, but by themselves, like they were confused. ;D

PZ

lol, those mercs are mostly confused - if I had a nickel for every time I've seen them run into explosive barrels, or off a cliff or some such foolish errand, I'd be rich!  ;D

Art Blade

The merc in the pic (between rock and his AT) is about to be pushing up the daisies. After a long long chase from a GP at a bridge north of Scrap Salvage and West of Slaughter House to Pala, starting several merc wars on the way, he managed to drive off a cliff. Amazig how long he pursuited me, just to end like that... well, the real end was his truck blowing up into his face LOL

[smg id=1331 align=center width=400]

PZ

lol, good one! :-X

You're becoming quite adept at generating intricate merc wars

Art Blade

Hehehe, this was today's goal: Merc Wars around Cock Fights. Still my favourite place, and it is known to w@&k. Never had any luck anywhere else apart from one incident at Goka Falls after killing the boss near the bridge. However, the merc in the pic above was SO close to entering Pala (across the river, bridge is to the left) it was a shame, really. "Argh, stupid!"  ;D

fragger

Here's a "d'oh!" moment:

[smg id=1342]

This was me trying to move a Datsun so I could get the discarded grenade that had rolled under it. "No prob", thought I, "I'll just jump in and back it up. Not too far, there's a steep drop back there. OK, easy does it... Yeah, that should... hmm, maybe just a tad more... uh-oh... oh, sh-"
I managed to jump out, but ended up on a ledge where I don't think I was really meant to be and unable to move from, not even to jump down and join the car, so I ended up having to reload the game to get out. Bloody grenade...

PZ

lol, that's a good one fragger - i recall a couple of mercs in the same position as you - was driving toward an underground house when an ATP cam on me head on - they turned after i blasted past them and backed off a cliff - you should have seen how angry they were!

Art Blade

Classic: " hmm, maybe just a tad more... uh-oh... oh, sh- "  ;D ;D ;D :-X

spaceboy

Quote from: fragger on August 31, 2009, 07:18:04 PM
unable to move from, not even to jump down and join the car, so I ended up having to reload the game to get out. Bloody grenade...

It would have been poetic if the grenade had rolled off with you and you could pick it up and blow yourself up instead of reloading the game...

fragger

Quote from: spaceboy on September 01, 2009, 09:23:22 AM
It would have been poetic if the grenade had rolled off with you

;D ;D ;D That would have been a true "Wile E Coyote" moment!

Art Blade

hehe, I picture this:

"... just a tad more, uh-oh, oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiii......" tumbling down the cliff, landing next to the Datsun, vision blurred. Then a first glimpse up to the edge from where you hear a dangling sound, then the grenade comes rolling over the edge, bouncing down towards the Datsun and fragger, now eyes wide, going "this isn't going to... yes, it is" BANG  ;D

JRD

Quote from: spaceboy on September 01, 2009, 09:23:22 AM
Quote from: fragger on August 31, 2009, 07:18:04 PM
unable to move from, not even to jump down and join the car, so I ended up having to reload the game to get out. Bloody grenade...

It would have been poetic if the grenade had rolled off with you and you could pick it up and blow yourself up instead of reloading the game...

... and have your rescue buddy stuck down there with you  ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Quote from: JRD on September 01, 2009, 12:35:35 PM
... and have your rescue buddy stuck down there with you  ;D ;D ;D

lol, that might be something to try - get yourself on an impossible ledge and frag yourself with a grenade to see how your rescue buddy manages that!  ;)

JRD

"You came to rescue me, but who's gonna rescue us now, you sorry dumb a$$.... ?"  ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

fragger

:) Here's another one:

[smg id=1374]

Can I park, or what?
Actually, this was the result of driving recklessly through the bush whilst under the influence. I should know better than to drink and drive, especially off-road!

This is curious:

[smg id=1375]

Came across this interesting tableau at Sefapane. Dunno what happened here, but notice that he's on the rail bridge, not the road bridge right next to it. Not only that, but the rail bridge is blocked at the town end, so God knows why he was here and who he was fighting with!

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on September 03, 2009, 02:52:10 AM
God knows why he was here and who he was fighting with!

Probably the same as you: under and with the influence.  ;D

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳