Full speed ahead

Started by deadman1, August 23, 2009, 08:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

This is what you look like when you head down the loooong straight roads at top speed. ;D

[smg id=1263]

spaceboy

nice.  I really like the bikes in this game - both on and offroad.  I just bought the dirtgrinder I think it's called and it's actually pretty good at climbing hills as well.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

deadman1

I actually prefer the bikes to quads and the cars, could be because of my lack of driving skill. The bikes are so much easier to control.

PZ

Quote from: deadman on August 23, 2009, 09:52:25 AM
... The bikes are so much easier to control.
Good to know!  :-X

Art Blade

...and bikes are much more fun :) agility, speed... the only car that I like is that "deathgrin" which is cool for sliding/drifting
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: spaceboy on August 23, 2009, 09:10:18 AM
nice.  I really like the bikes in this game - both on and offroad.  I just bought the dirtgrinder I think it's called and it's actually pretty good at climbing hills as well.

The Dirtginder is one of my favs too... excellent offroad and pretty good on asphalt.
The Komodo quad is also one I drive a lot... it is pretty good on both asphalt and dirt too...
As I tend to move from roads to dirt in short notice, I better be driving a vehicle that can handle well on both terrains  ;)
Cars are, indeed, not too useful in this game. Unless it's required on a particular race, I'll be driving bikes and quads most often
I'm not too fond of asphalt-only bikes... think they handle somehow in a weird manner ... maybe using spaceboy's tip on brakes when I get a controller ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

After bikes and quads, the cars that I seem to gravitate towards are the buggys.  The car I was referring to is the Spider Wraith.  It's small, fast, and good on and off road.  But yeah on free roam, unless there's a hill I need the Nightmare for, it's all bike.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

The best offroad bike is called Valkyrie, the best road bike is called slipstream. The Valkyrie is excellent on asphalt too, that's why you'll see many people, who have unlocked it, use it online for free roaming. The slipstream is worthless offroad. Because of the excellent characteristics the Valkyrie is the bike you see in most of my pics. The strongest car for climbing steep slopes is The Educator, a monster truck, which you see in some of my mountain pics.

The deathgrin is a muscle car which is rated 50/50 road/offroad. The biggest fun I get out of it is its ability to drift and slide if you apply the handbrake on asphalt, it tends to drift smoothly on sandy roads. If I remember correctly it is a maverick car of late in the game. Here a pic of it :)

[smg id=1264 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

I have to add that the road bike Afterburner (120mph) is more agile than the slipstream, meaning you can take incredibly sharp curves, whereas the Slipstream (130mph) is just the fastest bike with a hell of an acceleration.

Tags:
🡱 🡳