Boom, boom pow. Pumphouse and Pipeline

Started by retiredgord, August 17, 2009, 08:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

I'm thinking the mission from the APR means Always Pretty Risky. Now they want me to go steal some TNT from the diamond mines and go blow up the pipeline thus stopping the UFFL water sales. That's cool but as always happens just when your journey is supposed to be just difficult a buddy wants the almost impossible to happen. In this case  Andre wants to  meet him at the safe house above the levee for an add-on to the mission. Upon arrival he informs me that complete success can be achieved by destroying the reservoir pump down at the Pumphouse. SWEEEET. Lotsa explosions..wait lotsa gunplay to.  OOOh this may get real rough. Better rest.
     I get up and out and walk cautiously towards the outpost at waters edge. I don't want extended firefights, yet. I get to the rock face and gradually w@&k my way west, only seeing a guard or two on patrol. Darts stop any chance of my position being compromised. A steady creep gets me over to the area almost directly south of the Pumphouse and within and easy run. A chance encounter with any grenade boat would be disastrous for me so I need to get closer and still be able to see them on the water. A good spot is found and I feel I'm ready for the mad dash inside.  A nearby guard is a tempting target for the machete but the brush crackles and he's alerted and a burst causes me some damage before mine kills him. I now have to make a run for it as the grenade boats are a comin' to the party. So in I run and now gotta figure how I'm gonna do this without getting killed.  Ok, I think I can lob 2 'nades, run like hell thru the north door and be far enough away before the boats or other guards can get a bead on my fat-a$$ target. Sounds like a plan. Hearing some racket from the south I see two mercs getting ready to enter and I let a burst go to disrupt their immediate entry. However, two more are getting ready to enter from the north and I'm beginning to feel trapped.  One 'nade goes out south followed by a burst which takes those guys out. The north guys are greeted by a couple of burst from my weapon. I crouch inside left and they come a bargin' in after which I go bargin' out but leave behind two 'nades as presents. They go arrrggh, the 'nades go BOOM, BOOM and I get the "go blow the pipeline  message'. CRAP- I hope that's a little easier.  Off into the woods like Jack rabbit I go and get to the base of the rockface for cover.  I w@&k my way over toward the safe house near the pipeline to reload  and get ready for the next phase. A short rest and it's off to the TNT Festival at the Pipeline.
   I head out and into the ravine to use that little path up to the top. Again it's stealth up, killing the guard sniper on the opposite face with a Dart before turning my attention to the rest of the boys up top.  Just at the top I got into a position to remove the tower guard from the equation. A positional change was needed so I moved stealthily to the rocks right at the top near the M/gun position closest to the path.  From there I darted two more guards on opposite sides of a wall. That was kinda neat. One fell the other stopped with the sound and then he fell. A short wait brought the curious cat guard over to check on the sounds and he was relieved of duty. Another there on the walkway overlooking the ravine dropped to his knees and not in prayer. Too late for that now. I moved up towards the spot needed to carry out my nefarious deed when I saw a guard that thought he was going to sneak up on me in my former spot.  Oooops too late for him also. Lay down and be dead. The Dart pops and goes whoosh and is no longer of use  Down off the towere I go and pick up a PKM. Now I hafta to go loud. Out comes McMac for some  multi-tasking. Time to check my six so it's off to the tower and up to look around. Just in time I see some dudes arriving at my previous spot and hiding near the garage, so I let loose some rounds to some flammables putting some light on the subjects. 
Now they are gone and I see no more so it's time for the Boom.  Down and over to the valve, place the charge and walk away, or rather run as the timer is going down quick. BOOOOMM!!  WHOOOSH!!!  The water is just a river going out and into the ravine below. Mission is complete, but I need to get out of there. Down the path I go and hop into a Malaria attack. I didn't see that one coming, but the mission is over and I'm ok.
      Phone ringing tells me it's not quite over. Andre needs some help over at the mine now.  It's flooding but he's under fire. I grab the boat and motor over to the guard post south of the mines. I hop out and circle east below the edge, crossing the road and find some high ground to fire on the flammables in the post. They blow and so does Peter and he is tossed out.  Gotta get me another PKM next time at the shop. When the occupants are removed I head down the road and into sight of the mines. Just a little late as Andre is just finishing off his problem.  That's nice for me. Better his blood than mine. I can go back with a light heart because of all the help I have given.  Message alert. 
   I GET GRENADE ASSAULT TRUCK UPGRADE.  SOOOO COOOL!!!
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

nice definition of "multi-tasking" lol and congrats on the GL upgrade  :-X I need to lower my heart rate after that read  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I particularly liked your first line Always Pretty Risky  :-X

Do you recall what percentage in the game you are with the GL upgrade?

retiredgord

'PZ I think near 69% when I did the Head Case for Andre. I might have missed the figures tho. I haven't been playing for about 3-4 weeks. I'm presently back into Mercs the original on the xbox. The missions are from the notes I made when doing them and sometimes hard to decipher  lol
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳