Tip: Descend Mountains / vertical slopes

Started by Art Blade, August 16, 2009, 07:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Sometimes you may want to take the short way: Down. I bet you tried that already, but I also bet you failed and gave up after a few tries (I did). Maybe you remember the following pic (I didn't survive that ride). But you know me...  ;)

[smg id=1067 align=center width=400]

The problem is "head first" or "tail first" will most likely kill you. Now look at the mountain in the next pic. You actually can "drive" down those walls!

[smg id=1214 align=center width=400]

Important is: Keep your wheels parallel to the ground / your bike horizontal. You accelerate if you start tilting, and get back into horizontal position.

[smg id=1215 align=center width=400]

You can see the marks on the wall, hehe, I tried it a couple of times just to prove it to myself that it is possible even with a wall like that where you don't even see the ground  ;D

[smg id=1219 align=center width=400]

This is what I like to do sometimes hehehe  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

That's right Art, sliding down more or less is the way to go.  Great tip!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

I also found useful to hit the hand break button and hold it while descending.... you don't "crash" too often this way  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

yeah, sometimes that alone helps already, or regular brakes. But going down half a mile of vertical wall, handbrakes won't help - more likely tilt your bike in an undesired way  :)

Anyway, get down in one piece  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

added one more pic (best regards to fragger)  ;) ;D ;D

JRD

You should change the topic title to "Skydiving with a dirt bike"... or do it in a snowy mountain and call it "Who needs a snow board?"  ;D

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on August 16, 2009, 09:28:21 AM"Skydiving with a dirt bike"

Hehe, did that, like this:

[smg id=1209 align=center width=400]

JRD

... now show us some snowboarding, son!  ;D

See... I'm giving you things to do in FUEL.... accomplishments, if you like  ;)

Art Blade

Haha, JRD :) Well, just returned from a wild and funny trip with two fellows, Theile and DeMaDriving (aka Dead Man Driving, not "our" deadman though). You see a moment of peace, before we rushed down Mount Rainier  ;D
[smg id=1220 align=center width=400]

JRD

<in a little Tim's voice>
Uncle Art... is that how you do it?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

(note the speed on the first image!!)

[smg id=1233]

[smg id=1234]

[smg id=1231]

[smg id=1232]

PZ

lol, you look like a merc splatted at the bottom of an FC2 cliff!  ;D

DKM2

going for the Wile E. Coyote impression;
"poof"
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

spaceboy

I'm surprised you got that last shot...it always seems the FUEL logo comes up before you see the crash!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

It surprised me as well... I was checking my caps after playing and found that one...
... cool, isn't it??  8)

Art Blade

Art Blade

"dig this"  ;D ;D

[smg id=1247 align=center width=400]

I think it's the highest mountain (almost impossible to climb)

[smg id=1244]

and I survived the descending roaring ride YIEHA  ;D ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳