Destroying the tanker

Started by Roaven, August 16, 2009, 07:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaven

(Part II of the APR mission Saga. Part I:Releasing a train car)
I took an SUV from the ranch, which turned out to be a lot more comfortable than the Jeeps I was used to driving. I went back through the guard post, which had gotten reinforced. I took, no fire, and managed to run of the guys down, but another pursued me in a jeep. I passed a merc driving a Datsun, and he joined the chase as well. I put the pedal to the metal as the saying goes and went straight for the nearest gun shop. I accidentally pulled off early, at the safe house near the gun shop, but went back on the road.

I almost dived out of my vehicle, sprinting for the garage door. I opened it, and locked it behind me, outfitting myself for the task ahead of me. I grabbed an Automatic Kalashnikov Forty-seven, but changed nothing else. I unlocked the door and opened it, gunning down the mercenary from the jeep, who had taken the high ground to my right. I moved around the back of the garage and flung two fragmentation grenades at the second, then gunned him down as he ran.

I got into the SUV and drove towards my mission. I had almost bought either a hand held grenade launcher or an RPG, but decided to wait. I took the back entrance, which was just past the safe house. I left the SUV behind, and walked out on a rock jutting over the Railyard. I marked the sniper, M249 turrets, and Vehicles, but there were no supply crates in sight. I fired upon the sniper, wasting an entire magazine, giving away my position, and finding no targets with my bullets.

I slid down the hill, ducking behind cover and engaging several mercs. I used up another magazine and ducked into one of the train cars, needing cover. I fired through one of the windows and killed three more mercenaries, but I was down to my last magazine. I found a small box of ammo containing one magazine for my assault rifle and took it, gunning down more mercenaries and retrieving ammo from their corpses.

I tagged an ammo box and retrieved ammo from it, moving around the back of the structure upon which the sniper was perched and cut him down, ascending the ramps nearby to the roof and dropping on top of a rail car, getting the diamond case that was inside. I planted all but 1 of my IEDs on the fuel car, and drove a good distance along the railway tracks, towards the petrol station, before detonating.

I drove off, and Warren called, saying something about it being 'on like donkey kong'. I didn't understand the expression, but drove nonetheless, passing through the petrol station with a truck in tow. I got to the battle, but couldn't get through the Warren, killing my follower and trying to get through. When I finally did, I saw he was wounded and cursed at the top of my lungs, killing three mercs with a well thrown grenade. I fired at will, killing several others before getting to Warren. I healed myself with one syringe and him with the other, taking fire all the time.

I killed one merc and wounded the other, who Warren finished with a shotgun blast. He then drew his Desert Eagle and finished the final Merc, allowing me to gather ammo and collapse against one of the barricades he set up, exhausted.

fragger

Ah... Part II popped up while I was going on about Part I! Great ripping yarn, felt like I was there with you!
I really dig the rush you get when you're down to a few rounds and there's still a bunch of mercs baying for your blood. Makes it all the more satisfying when you nail the mission in spite of the odds.

Nice one!  :-X

Art Blade

Really an enjoyable writing style :) Good story, Roaven  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Excellent blow-by-blow description - makes for great reading when you can almost place yourself in the story  :-X

Good job!

Tags:
🡱 🡳