One mission, One bullet

Started by PZ, August 15, 2009, 08:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I did the PetroSahel buddy quest for Josip this morning - went in completely silently and used the western hole in the metal fence to gain access to the fuel storage tank on the western side of the area.  From the top of the tank, I shot a sintle 6P9 round into the left side of the large propane tank, and it immediately spouted fire.  Although I knew it would eventually explode, I crouched and watched - was beautiful - fires started and engulfed the building.  Some mercs were yelling while others were saying "nah, it's nothing".  As expected, the propane tank exploded - mission accomplished and it took only a single bullet.

JRD

That mission is really fun to do.
Like you, I always set the place on fire, spread havoc and just wait for the "Mission completed" message.
But you made it with style... one silet round and it's done  :-X . I always make a ruckus out of the place  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

hehehe, I'm like JRD... as long as there are flammables, I can't hold back  ;D Still, nice one, PZ  :-X :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

:-X Way to go, PZ! Class act!

PZ

This morning was another one bullet (dart in this case) mission.  Again for Jossip, this time it was to do away with the used car dealer in the shanty town.  My favorite way in is via the valley to the west - there is a safe house, a couple of diamonds, and a beautiful little pond.

I parked my Uni just past the safe house in the valley and went the rest of the way on foot.  As I approached the shack where the mark was to be found, I heard voices, but did not see anyone, so it's time to exercise great care.  Aiming through the bushes, I saw a dark spot that looked like a head, but it was too close to the ground, so I inched my way toward the shack - fortunately the salesman was facing away from me because what looked like a head indeed was!  He was lying on the ground on his side, facing away form me.  Although I could have used the 6P9, the dart was already handy, and I wanted to get out of there fast - the mercs are quite nasty in Mokuba  >:D

One silent pssssssst and the mission accomplished message appeared.

JRD

Cool... smooth!  :-X

That's the mission I accomplished silently and unnoticed for the very first time in FC2 (I must say... due to you and spaceboy telling me to give stealth a try  ;) \0 ... I got to Mokuba from south, at night, sneaked in and killed one guard with a 6P9... as I saw where the salesman was I dropped one IED nearby, without him realizing it, sneaked out through the northern path also avoiding any guard and detonated the device from uphill to see the panic ensuing into the shanty town!

Sweeeeeeeet  ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Very nice - IEDs are terribly effective, and I need to use them more now that I'm using the silent shotgun as my primary weapon.  :-X

I'm glad you gave stealth a try - it is still my favorite method.  >:D

Art Blade

That salesman was probably the first guy in FC2 whom I saw sleeping on the ground outside a shack. No wonder his life span was uncommonly short :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

PZ and JRD's posts at the beginning reminded me of the post office and how that place always ends up a smoking hole in the ground whenever anybody goes there  :-()  But PZ has to show off and be all classy about his mayhem  :-() 
Good stories everybody - I love to see FC2 posts popping back up, reminds me of the good old days when we were all playing the same game  :-X 

PZ

It is quite the trip down memory lane.  I'd actually deleted all of my FC2 saves to make room for GT5, but once I did, I just had to start an FC2 game.  I'd forgotten the beauty of the landscape, and how well it is done - for instance, boating out of Mike's cove toward the west as the sun was setting - the dust in the air reddened by the late afternoon sun, and the shimmering water with perfect reflections.

PZ

Here's a movie of the Jossip PetroSahel mission - one 6P9 bullet and the job is done

PetroSahel

mmosu

Nice PZ  :-X
Is the vid yours, and if so what setup are you using for video capture?

PZ

Thanks mmosu - yes, mine and I use FRAPS. It is a commercial product, but not expensive (less than Streets and Trips is I recall correctly) and it does screen captures as well as videos.  It is the easiest and most foolproof method I've ever used, so was well worth the purchase.

mmosu

How much are we talking?  I'd really love to find an inexpensive and easy method for the PS3, but so far I'm unsure of which way to go.

PZ

oops - sorry, I did the capture on the PC, not the console - I haven't an easy way to do console capture.  Spaceboy developed a method using a capture card that seemed to w@&k quite well.

mmosu

Rats . . . I was afraid of that . . .  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳