APR transmitter and buddy Propaganda Mission

Started by retiredgord, August 14, 2009, 06:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Blow-it up, shoot it, or them up. Kill him, them. Geez is there anything just normal I can do for these factions?  I guess not as I was to learn when approaching the APR for a mission.
This time they want a transmitter tower generator destroyed airing B.S and it's located over in Weelegol. One more catch, my buddy, Nasreen, ( I recognized her cell number 442434)  wants me to go to the Ranger Station and bump off the Propaganda Minister there first.  It seems he has a finger on the transmit kill switch and she wants it reversed, kill the finger along with its other appendages.
      Ok so here we go again. This time it was a boat drive to the Safe house just east of the Station entrance to rest and then an infiltration from the east side along the rock wall. I had just cleared the brush when spotted by a merc  I didn't notice having a smoke near the back of the first deck. He spotted me and opened fire and I did the same.  MacMac was a little more up to his task and that guy went down. I quickly ran under the deck to grab the cover I knew I would be needing now. I had a little space between the deck and the ground which afforded me a shooting  hole  and I used it to great advantage. I took down 3 more that had come to see what was happening. They couldn't hit me from their spot. When they had quieted down I snuck out and up unto the deck and into the hut there to recon thru the cracks in the boards.
       There was  a lull and I took advantage of the confusion by moving up to the next level then to the top corner . A couple of rounds from Duke took out the upper snipers. I ran back down to the level that the Minister was on and hid in the hut beside him. Two more mercs looking for the intruder found him at other end of a chattering McMac. The two of them stopped dead when they found me. I ran out and into the hut to talk to the minister.
      Inside there he was all confused and in a turmoil. He thought he was out of the crap pile when another two mercs tried to crash our party. When they crashed the minister and I resumed the discussion of his death. Some holes in his head. Wouldn't you know Nasreen would be keeping track of my doings and told me I should go to Weelegol now to finish the APR mission. She also said I was to convince the DJ to let the people know that the foreigners there were out to enslave them and destroy the country but she was his driver and I would need to help her.  Never easy with that gal.
    I went out had a Malaria attack and then left by the west side by boat and motored close enough to strafe the guards at the guard post there.  Then I grabbed an Assault Truck and headed for the safe house outside of Weelegol by driving down the far west, went in and rested. Out and on the road I went in the Grenade Assault truck, parked to recon. While there I hosted a meet and greet with a patrol. Now on in closer to deliver a bunch of surprise packages. This I did for a few minutes, stopped, observed and sent a few more rounds for good measure. I  moved closer again and a few more rounds. The fireworks were great and when most movement had stopped I got out and used Duke on survivors. 
     I snuck over and up the path towards the transmitter. I approached and entered the hut cautiously, but I need not to worry. The DJ was flinging his verbal dung over the ariwaves and did not see me enter. I spoke to him  with grace and asked him to transmit the message of the foreign imposters and their motives. He did that expecting to be cut off but out went the new message.. When he finished his message, I finished him.
  RIIIIING. CRAP I know who that is calling.  Yes Nasreen needs help as the vehicle is being attacked. I grabbed the Jeep nearby and try to drive out to help her. I'm a little slow and then the phone rings, a few words and then.....nothing.  Nasreen is gone. I get to the spot and no Nasreen.  I check and she is missing..not dead, missing.  OH IS SHE GOING TO WANT MY FAMILY JEWELS if she is still alive. C'est la vie.  I'll deal with that later. I gottta go get me a stiff drink.   
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

good read, funny, and somewhat different, very nice, Gord :)  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Good read Gord,
When I first started playing, my favorite approach was to do sniping from the big rock across the river, but these days I go to the safe house you mentioned and swim to the resort to use the mounted GL on the eastern side of the area.

Too bad about Nasreen - she is one I have a soft spot for.  Something similar happened to me this morning doing the specops mission for Warren Clyde - when I went to help him south of Weelegol, I couldn't find him, and he ended up crossed off my list.  Funny how that works out sometimes.

Tags:
🡱 🡳