Bring a Mi-24 down with one shot

Started by JRD, August 14, 2009, 09:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

I was in the outskirts of Msta... my missions was to go around the village to rendezvous with the rest of the NAPA soldiers in a convoy heading to Novy Sobor.
Guns were blazing at Msta and this dreadful Mi-24 was supporting Chedakis in town.

[smg id=1188]

I could just go through the woods unnoticed but I saw the chopper hovering steady above the village.
I couldn't resist... had a powerful DRM sniper with me....
Aiming at the pilot's head, I managed to land a precise headshot. I could see his head falling forward after the shot. There was nothing the gunner could do.... sweet.
Too bad that my statistics show only 2 dead pilots and no chopper

[smg id=1186]

[smg id=1189]

[smg id=1185]

[smg id=1187]
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

That's a great adventure, and typifies what I like about A2 - you can do all kinds of things that id often absent in the more traditional game when compared to a simulation.  :-X

Great snapshots by the way.

RedRaven

nicely done JRD :-X
managed to bring one down myself but that was with a SABOT round to the tail section from an M1A1, reckon yours tops that tho.
Have only just got into using sniper rifles in A2, and compared to FC2 its alot harder to get head shots on them, specially when they are moving. Rather like the M24 and the Mk12 SPR at the moment, tho think the Mk12 is part of the Norwegien Special forces addon.

P.S. did try to record some short vid sequences but it was set to record my desktop, not the game so only got 5 mins of wallpaper!!
will rectify it and get something good up asap.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Are you using Fraps?  I've tried many different solutions and that is the easiest and most reliable one (with the smallest overhead) that I've used.  Plus it does screen captures of anything and always using the same key, so you don't need to figure w@&k-arounds based on different games.  It is $37, but that's little more than the cost of a lunch/dinner for two, and is well worth it IMHO.

RedRaven

sure am using it now :-X
found this rather amusing image whilst exploring

[smg id=1228]
   made me chuckle muchly!
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

wow... where the heck did you find that gem?

It's cool when you find "Easter egg" kinds of things.  Have you found more?  :-X

JRD

Easter egg??? Its more like a Christmas goblin nightmare on crack  :(

Where the heck did you find this?
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

Quote from: JRD on August 18, 2009, 02:43:56 PM
Easter egg??? Its more like a Christmas goblin nightmare on crack  :(

Where the heck did you find this?

Now thats funny ;D

its defo smokin something ! ! ! ! !

MAP -
  Grid Ref -014064

really tall chimney, climb to top and look down into it.

found it whilst playing in the armoury, Actively seeking more randomness now. good to see silly things like that in what is a reasonably serious game. :-X

Art Blade

great idea to put that on the base of a chimney. I'd probably have kind of back-flipped off the chimney looking into that face LOL ;D

Actually, I think it is a face I once saw on the net many many moons ago, around christmas in some forum post. If I remember correctly, the original pic shows the entire santa claus.

edit

found one

http://www.thebleedingheartconservative.com/badsanta.jpg
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Great find on that pic, Art, and quick!
... and I agree with dke58 - it is nice when the developers have a sense of humor and program in these interesting tidbits

RedRaven

Here is a bit of Heavy Armour sharp-shooting i managed to pull off without getting blown up in the process.....

Strike 1
[smg id=1279 type=av]

Strike 2
[smg id=1280 type=av]

Strike 3
[smg id=1281 type=av]

Always satisfying ;)

PZ

Great videos dke!  I like the sound effects of the shells hitting the tank floor  :-X

RedRaven

cheers, using the Elias sound mod you posted info for about a week ago, it makes alot of difference and is a great improvement on the in-game sounds. Same with both inside & outside engine sounds. Really like the falling flames and smoke from the chopper as it goes down behind the trees in the 2nd vid ;D .

PZ

yeah, the sound mod has made a huge difference in the in-game ambiance. I really like the third vid in which the helicopter is obviously "wounded" and smoking. The fire mod also appears to be a good one, although I've not installed that one yet.

RedRaven

not come across the fire mod. tho have grown rather fond of shooting each and every petrol pump and large gas canister i stumble across ;D

Art Blade

I wonder where that comes from  ;D ;D ;D ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

and just what are you implying Mr?    ;D

Art Blade

;D That deep down you're still thinking FC2  :)

RedRaven

Lol  indeed it would appear so, just been sorting my addons folder, and  seems that these things have crept up to the northern hemisphere after my excursions to the Dark Continent - Desert Eagle's, Silent MP5's, M1903 and have even got a vehicle similar to the dune buggy only its a bit bigger ;D
the animals are as daft as they are in FC too.
shame i cant smuggle a Barret M95 or a T90 down south tho :P

Art Blade

That would be awesome, have FC2 and A2 mingle and tingle :) Mercs, vehicles, weapons, landscape... and propane tanks LOL - the best of both worlds (animals too, but NO bugs, please)  :)

PZ

I must admit that anything in A2 that resembles something in FC2 immediately catches my eye  :-X

RedRaven

AFC2 here we come :-X  would be ace.
check out this
its another A1 file that works well, and its great fun getting up to a decent speed then turning, it sort of slides almost like an ice skater. the guy that made it is doing an Armed version for A2 :-X
[smg id=1319]
that a shot of me driving about, its got back seats too ;)

PZ

I'll have to try that one out - looks great.  Here's one that is in development for A2:
[smg id=1320]

Art Blade

now one more game to blend: that buggy very much resembles a buggy from FUEL (only there I miss those weaps hehehe)  :-X

PZ

My goodness, yes - this is what I want in FC2:
[smg id=1223]

Tags:
🡱 🡳