Patch v1.04 announced

Started by PZ, August 13, 2009, 08:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Quote:
We just wanted to give you a brief update as to what's going on with ArmA II and what we're working on, our immediate plans and such:

• Patch 1.04 for ArmA II is currently in progress, we carefully read the feedback on the forums as much as possible, sometimes of course it can get a little heated and unclear so we also use the Community Issue Tracker, these are the two main points for collecting feedback from the community.
  • A couple of prioritised areas we're hoping to address for 1.04 are "mouse lag" (this is something we've not been able to reproduce locally but we believe there are a couple of things we can do to help the situation for those users who do seem to suffer from it), the second area we're prioritising is improving performance, especially in urban areas, of course there will be other things addressed in 1.04 but it's too early to go into details about those just yet.
  • We're finalizing the complete editing tools suite for release, more info can be found at http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools_2
  • Dedicated Linux server, we know this is something the community of course is eagerly waiting for, we continue progress on this but cannot at this point give any time-scale for the release, unfortunately it's not quite as simple as some might think to release a Linux version of our dedicated server but rest assured we're making progress.
  • We're working on a new plan for the best way to be able to establish more regular patches release, as well as to grant access to interim versions, to those community members willing to help us with testing various aspects of planned changes in the core engine.

RedRaven

A Big  :-X to the game devs, its got to be one of the best games for customer service / after sales support on the market. After browsing many other of the Forums & Sites devoted to ARMA/OFP/ARMA2 i've got to say it seems to have some of the nicest people all giving alot of good output. Tech support / mods / scripts etc. Fantastic  :)

and cheers for the info PZ :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

dke58 is right... feels good to see devs "carefully reading" through posts.

[rantmode]
But it's also the buggest (??... most bugged?? whatever...) game I ever purchased.
Yesterday I was being shot at during a cutscene and there was nothing I could do - skipping the cutscene would end with me wounded anyway. Reloaded an early save and this time it was my corpsman being shot at (and doing nothing, the melon-head)... again, reloaded an early save, just to be run over by NAPA.... again reload.... managed to get rid of that ridiculous situation... to see my maksman being runned over by a NAPA truck... YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING, DUDE  >:(

Trigger fails, jamming, enemy car driving through walls, my men walking through fences and walls, wounded soldier not healed, healed soldier "red" and aahhuurrgg-ing... I like that game a lot, but it is a beta for sale that has some serious game breaking issues... they better release some patches pronto, son,  or will loose customers right away.

[/rantmode]
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

Bugiest - Really ?  (dont disbelieve you at all but )  :o

Only bug i've really suffered from is it tends to crash if i spend fair bit of time in Aircraft (game crash's - not me crashing planes, that ALWAYS happens ;D )

and tho not a bug as such it doesnt seem to like some mods that others have no probs with.

if you want to pull your hair out try Stalker S.O.C with no patch updates, now thats buggy
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

It's no help if there are even buggier games out, the one at hand is bad enough. ArmA2 already lost one customer (me) because of that crap. I understand that games these days may have some bugs that ought to be fixed asap, and if the next one or two patches come quick and do the trick I won't complain. But a game that seems to have, oh wonder, some working parts between all the bugged parts, well, it is not what I want to spend my time with.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

It's a shame that you guys are having problems - none for me - have been quite lucky I guess

RedRaven

have you really sacked it off Art? didnt realise you were having such grief from it, and not that i'm trying to find excuses for it (from a bias point of view as i think its best PC game have ever played)  could your problems be due to Operating System your running ? you got that windows 7 or what ever it is have you not? where-as A2 was written for XP/Vista. just curious as had never heard of the new OS till you mentioned it in a previous post somewhere here on OWG. Also it could have absolutely nothing to do with it at all.I ended up giving COJ2 to a mate as was having odd quirky issues with it.  In the end tho your right, would we go out and buy a Car/Washing Machine/DVD that was not finished and didnt w@&k properly?? think not.

Art Blade

No, W7 is not yet out. By the way, check my avatar and gaming platform :) And no, I don't have crashes or the like, which might indicate sys probs. I am simply referring to bugs, if you go back to the first posts where I told you guys how things cocked up. Just a few I remember from own experience:

1) Training mission: My instructor and me got shot dead repeatedly (anti-tank training)
2) Got sent to the coast, my crew got chopped up by our own chopper
3) Had to retreat, chopper came in hot, blowing itself up and me as a collateral.
4) Crew and enemy walking blithely through walls and fences, but me.

And the lot that happened to JRD (artillery doesn't become available, laser designator unavailable, mission goals couldn't be met, etc)

That has got nothing to do with an OS.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Oh, thanks for stimulating my memory dke - Art, are you using one of the ARMA2 launchers?  In it you can set a check box to have ARMA2 run in XP mode as well as set how many processors to use and how much ram to use - these seem to have cured many folks problems.  This is the launcher that I use successfully with ARMA2 in Vista64 and have experienced none of the problems JRD has:

ARMA2 launcher

Art Blade

I have no problems with my WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL 32BIT and no other game does that to me. It is simply a buggy game.

PZ

I guess that maybe you need Vista to run this one  ;)

JRD

I do see bug... lots of them, but I'm still playing and enjoying a lot
Campaign seems to concentrate lots of bugs as they are related to trigger events!

First mission I had a bug of my team leader saying I should've bring the darn laser designator even when I was carrying the bloody thing... couldn't laser point targets for artillery (which was cool in PZ's vids)

Then I just couldn't call an artillery strike on "Manhattan".... many guys at A2 forums had the same bug (fixed in the last patch, but too late for me - I had killed them all mercylessly  ;D ;D ;D )

Enough cars and NPCs driving/walking through walls and fences. Yesterday I was scouting Novy Sobor playing "Badlands" and saw two UAZ blow up with no reason at all... sometimes my snipers shows a full white head... textureless... eerie... and he is the only one with that problem...

@ Art.... during bootcamp, when you do an anti-tank training, you are close to a village infested with enemies another team (Sabre team) is supposed to be fighting. If you start shooting targets, you draw their attention and they attack... not a bug but bad scripting

@PZ... I use the A2 launcher and still have those bugs  :(

Still, Arma 2 and FUEL takes all my free time these days  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

PZ, I hope you are only trying to wind me up  ;D how can the four points I mentioned above have possibly to do with a windows version? I never had a crash with A2. It worked. Only not right.

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on August 19, 2009, 11:32:35 AMduring bootcamp [...] you draw their attention and they attack... not a bug but bad scripting

Bad scripting like that is a bug to me. Because the "enemy" was bullet proof (even an anti-tank missile didn't even scratch him) it deffo was a major bug, too.

PZ

Gotcha started Art!  sorry...  ;)

Art Blade

;D not really, but I was considering getting started  :)

RedRaven

Tags:
🡱 🡳