PC online free roam Saturday night 15Aug2009

Started by spaceboy, August 11, 2009, 08:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

For any PC FUEL guys interested, this is a post on the codemasters forum. 

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371614

Here's the info from the initial post:
Hi everyone, this Saturday, Shadow going to host some of his custom tracks at 11:00am pacific time and then 1 hour later at 12 noon pacific, 3:00pm eastern, 8:00pm London and 19:00 GMT time,we are going to start a Free roam run to some camps and heliports.

edited subject: date.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

cool... cheers :)

Deadman, are you on? ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

The game was waiting for me when I got home today, so yes I´ll definately try and get online for that this weekend.  ;D

spaceboy

you guys (or one of you) may want to let the organizer know over at the codemasters forums (just so he has a count and knows your LIVE names)

If you don't feel like signing up over there let me know and I can post your LIVE names on that thread.

OR you can just show up and see.  I know there is supposed to be a limit in a lobby, although I've had no problems seeing my friends by just showing up.  Theoritically if 50 people show up they'll end up in different "lobbies" or servers becaue I think it's only supposed to support 16 at a time.

It's quite confusing how the online roam works in such a huge world.

One time I was in one camp and started hearing my friend talk and he was in a totally diff camp.  That's how I knew to go there and find him - explain that one!

Art Blade

Alright, UK 8pm -> Germany 9pm/21:00 - I'll be there :) I hope deadman will be there, and I think Theile is going to join too.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Looked promising, like 5 minutes before the race...
[smg id=1199 align=center width=400]

...looked the same, like 10 minutes after the race should have started...
[smg id=1200 align=center width=400]

... which made me nervous. I took off, no one followed... No one to be seen... I headed towards the first "checkpoint" and then teleported there, but it was abandoned... so I teleported back to the start, empty but two drivers sitting around. So again I jumped, to the first CP, empty, and the 2nd CP. Empty. Third CP, empty. Damn, was I too fast or too slow? Back again to 2nd. Anoter player materialised there, yet didn't drive. When I jumped back and forth and ended up on the 4th CP, the same driver I just met before had jumped there, too. But still didn't drive. I thought "that's that, then" and met with my "old buddy" Theile (a senior by the way, lol) - at least we had some fun free roaming together.

Something else, during the "start" some people had their mics open and it was such a noise, feedback, motor sounds, echo... I yelled at the mic that someone please check their setup but no, they didn't even care. So I muted the game channel by leaving it.

All in all... erm... I won't say more than I already have ;)

Art Blade

Funny thing, some Americans picked me up for a free roam...  :-X after I guess three hours all that was left was two of the bunch still driving :) Just for your information, obviously there are people not only from Europe when I connect. I have met a Chinese driver too (did some nice free roaming together). However, the impromptu free roam was great:

[smg id=1213 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1212 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1211 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1210 align=center width=400]

JRD

Nice pics.... I like the tire marks on the road  :-X

Soon man, soon  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

Art, I saw you in a pic at the codemasters site.  Similar to yours only now you can see your id over your vehicle. Funny to see "you" there like that.  Hey, I know that guy!

Art Blade

Thanks for the info, just checked their forum, found the pic, and read the stories. Apparently they had to cope with splitting teams (game-side split) and rejoining, as well as some PC crashes (FUEL never crashed on me during 100+ hours). Well, funny to read my name on several lists now :)

By the way, my "business card" in Live shows "OpenWorldGames.org" as my location ;) Maybe some FUELists come to visit us here.

Tags:
🡱 🡳