Deadly flare attack

Started by KillerZ, August 10, 2009, 09:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerZ

While attempting to remove the merc's from their AT on the east west road just south of the southern most cell tower in Leboa something funny happened.  Earler in the day I had tremendous luck removing the fellows from their vehicle using a MAC10.  I had climbed onto a rock that overlooks a slight curve in the road and as the patrol came back toward me I let'em have it with the MAC10.  Well, same location, same scenario except I had forgotten that I had swapped out the MAC10 for a flare gun.  So, the patrol is rolling to me, I whip out the flare gun, aim down the barrel <FOOMP - wooosh>...  and the flare strikes the vehicle in the turret and all I hear is, "AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!"  Both merc's fall out of the truck dead.  The flare must've been a dud, all I saw was a small explosion and heard a <POP> and that's it.  No fire, no exploding vehicle, no long loud and protracted firefight, nada... voila deadly flare attack. :-*

You may call it a glitch, I call it the hand of god reaching down and sorting those bastards out... :-X

PZ

The flare gun is a secondary weapon that I like to use when not using IEDs or my favorite, the 6P9.  I've soent many a mission using the flare gun to start fires "herding" the mercs wherever I want them to go, usually to their deaths with choruses of "ahhhhh....aaaahhhhhssss".  It would be interesting to see if what you've experienced is not a glitch, but is repeatable as a technique!   :-X

Art Blade

interesting :) When I used the flare gun, I aimed so the flare would roll under the truck and pop there, usually setting the engine on white smoke, second flare caused black smoke and set the engine on fire, leading to an explosion of the truck. When firing on driving trucks, my flares mostly bounced off the trucks.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

Nice w@&k.  I haven't used it much, but as I've been playing some MP matches lately the Flare is part of the loadout you get if you want the AS50.  It's been pretty useless online though I have fired it at the other team in ATs, maybe I'll get lucky and get your experience. 
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

DKM2

I've been hit with the flare a few times online.
Unlike any other flame weapon, it sticks right to you, still actively burning.
Kill the guy and try to heal hasn't proved successful for me. I got killed every single time.
("h", health going down, "H", health still going down! Panic!. "H","H","H".....   damnit!)

Biggest problem is trying to hit somebody with it, easier at close, last desperate act, range.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

oooooh that sounds really nasty  :o
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳