SP Career: quick guide for quick success

Started by Art Blade, August 10, 2009, 07:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

A few things for you JRD and deadman
(and for everyone else new to FUEL SP)

Focus on winning as quickly as possible as many as 170 (I overshot) stars to unlock all areas (quickest way is all races right away on legend - you will have to start over a couple of them anyway, so why not, if you win, win 3 stars at once) By that time you'll have tons of credits ("FUEL") to buy only those vehicles needed for the career races.

Before you have won 170 stars, challenges are a waste of time and credits (some require you to buy a certain vehicle which you'll never use again and instead the credits can be spent better on career vehicles). Don't waste your credits early. Once you have unlocked all areas you'll have loads of credits by then. In the end I had like 800,000+ credits if I remember correctly and spent them on vehicles after the career, got all vehicles and was left with a surplus of 250,000 credits. Maybe had to win some other races but I earned so much so quickly at late in the career... By then you can try to finish races you weren't successful in, because by then you will have unlocked all kinds of vehicles that you can now use for those races left.

Get extra vehicles by chasing all mavericks. Some vehicles will allow you to finally win the last races.

Then you are free to do whatever you like.

[smg id=1002 align=center width=400]

[smg id=1005 align=center width=400]

EDIT - PART TWO:

I have just re-read the guide. Kind of retiredgord-style, rushing through, hehe.

Basically what I did was starting the game only doing career races, trying to unlock everything as quickly as possible, and only then buy better vehicles for races I apparently could not win with what I had purchased so far (every vehicle unlocked, you see).

To get 170 stars quickest possible, you need 56 races on legend and one on expert. Since I did all on legend, I got 171 stars after 57 races. Which means when I unlocked Rainier Peak, statistically I had not even touched the remaining 15 career races LOL ;D

Ah, that reminds me, I think that unlocking areas, or maybe winning all races of an area on legend, sometimes was rewarded with a new vehicle in my garage - that means, I didn't have to spend credits on them - and that is the reason why I had so much money left LOL  ;D You see, if I had purchased them early, it would have been a waste of money hahaha  ;D

So doing all this will fill your garage even without buying vehicles. At least if you go for ALL races on legend. I think during the attempt of getting 170 stars I almost never had to buy vehicles - I was able to win with what I had. But then... man, there were some tough races. Almost impossible to win. That was when I started looking for the vehicles the winning AI used, and purchased that particular one to improve my chances. After 171 stars that was.

Then a few races really annoyed me - the AI was using vehicles I simply could not find anywhere - they used mavericks!!! That means, go unlock areas to get mavericks. That means, win other races or on higher levels than rookie or expert LOL

Unfortunately the needed maverick (death grin, hevy muscle car) was available only late in my career, but I finally had the chance to win. See "hardest races ever" topic for details :)

I hope that you get even better insight now. Good luck, God Speed  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Great tips Art... thanks... I'll keep that in mind  :-X
I'm doing career races on both Expert and Legend just to enjoy some races and unlock more camps... I go back and race again for the extra star quite often... don't mind doing the race again.. it's funny...
Then I move to some challenges for extra money... I also don't mind buying vehicles to use only once, I can always use them on free ride anyway and it feels good to try each one  ;)
When I'm not in the mood for racing or facing challenges, I go free ride, get vista points, liveries, chase doppler trucks.... time well spent just driving around enjoying the view  ;)

What are those Mavericks? Are they like Doppler trucks? You have to chase one and get an extra vehicle in the garage?
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Mavericks to you appear to be a purple arrow on your map, and on your compass if you are close enough. On the street or offroad, what you'll actually see is some guy driving a special vehicle. can be a bike, a car, a quad, and at Mount Rainier it will be a hovercraft. Chase him, ram him, and you'll instantly posess his vehicle in your "garage".
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

Good ideas Art.  I have definitely taken a different approach, but I think I'll take some of your advice because now I sit with many regions still unopened.   :P
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

deadman1

Thanks for the tip Art, I´m still waiting for my game (should have it later this week) so hopefully by this weekend I´ll be racing.

Art Blade

cool, deadman :)

Space, glad if it helps :)

Art Blade

"I have just re-read the guide. Kind of retiredgord-style, rushing through, hehe...."

actually I cut and pasted the previous content of this post into the first post - EDITED, PART TWO. Please go up again and read part two  ;D -> CLICK ME

PZ

Great article Art, but doing the game on legend is way beyond my skill level.  Even doing it on easy doesn't get me far (perhaps that's why I haven't been able to get into the game so far).  ;D

Art Blade

sorry to hear that... maybe because you're way better on your PC than on your PS3...

<ducks and runs away> ;D ;D

PZ

lol, not likely - I still play FC2 on easy - both platforms.  I just suck at games!  That might be why I like ARMA2 so much - it is a game for the programmer at heart, and you can design the missions way in favor of the player ;D

Art Blade

I see :) I like that too, I modded and scripted myself (other games though). Yet racing games... can't help it, but I love that sort of challenge.  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳