Sniping

Started by retiredgord, March 22, 2009, 07:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Have any others had the joy of shooting two AI at the same time when they are aligned perfectly?  This has happened to me 2-3 times.  I would guess its the power of the rifle. Also once when doing the Nitrous Oxide mission for Nasreen, I approached from the wrong side and in shooting an Ai it went thru hem and blew up the gas.  She was ANGRY... told me that was it.  Not a nice attitude.  I had saved so I just went back and red-did the mission and completed in scucessfully.  I let her die in Sefapane after the explosion..take that B**CH.   >:( >:(    (I'm not sure if you administrators will allow cursing)
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

Great story retiredgord,  Using the AS50 allowed me to get more than one merc at a time without problems.  In fact, if I'm on a convoy mission and want to disable the big truck, the AS50 is my first choice.  While it is generally available only in Bowa (the southern district, a used model can be found at a safe house in Leboa (northern district).

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Ricamundo

The thing i dont like about the AS50 is the game considers it your primary weapon for some reason, unlike the dart gun which you can carry along with your AK, or shotgun.

Now, I know I could carry a MAC 10, or later on, an Uzi along with the AS50, but i prefer stealth, so ive been using the golden AK, a silenced Mak, and the dart gun. If and when the golden AK starts jamming,(no idea how long they last) i'll pick up a silenced MP 5.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

When I first started playing, I thought the AS50 was a cool gun, but it's rate of fire and recoil truly make it a weapon that I only use for variety sake these days.  By the way, the golden AK should last you easily through an entire district - find one for Leboa, and then find another when you reach Bowa.

JRD

I don't like the AS50 too... the mag capacity is too low and the recoil is too much.
I don't think the high power of an AS50 shot compensates for the bad points.
The Dragunov is my weapon of choice through the whole game, my favourite primary always. Eventually I try other just for a change, but never for more than one mission.
In my current game I started playing with the AK / Golden AK to see how long I would stand and didn't buy one even when it was unlocked. But I can't stand playing without my favourite combo: Dragunov, M79, PKM.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Dweller_Benthos

My problem with the Dragunov is it didn't seem to have the stopping power of even the M1903, but I used it for the fire rate until I could get the AS50. Otherwise, my loadout is the same as yours, M79, sniper, PKM. Need to try the M249 SAW one of these days though, might like that better, the PKM has a helluva climb rate, so I usually aim at their feet and let it climb up the body with 4 or 5 shots. By the time it's firing over their heads and I stop shooting, they are dead.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

JRD

I don't have a SAW on my current game, but as far as I remember, the climb rate is not that bad and if you purchase the accuracy upgrade it gets slightly better as the punch is a little weaker.
But in fact, the SAW is pretty much like the PKM, I use it cos it has lots of ammo in it, you don't have to stop to reload too often, and it is particularly helpfull when assaulting an enemy infested area.
As for the Dragunov, one reason that I like it is that it just wounds an enemy every now and then, which makes him call for help (another wounded merc) or, when the area is clear, I just walk towards the poor soul, look into his eyes and... machete!
If you are clearing an area from far away before storming in, the low recoil and high fire rate and rounds capacity in each clip is really helpfull.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

hi, in reply to retirergord`s question about two kills with one bullet- i have managed it once, was early on in the game, took my accuracy to 102% !!! was using the dragunov
- best sniper rifle in the game i reckon, 10 shots ! its great. ;D ;D

been trying to get it again but those damned mercs wont cooperate ::)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

haha, every once in a while an old topic revives :) (old as in I didn't read it before).

The two birds with one stone effect is weapon-independant (as long as it uses bullets). I have distributed a double-headshot with my 6P9 and with the dragunov more than once. The AS50 successfully shot through bodies (ie through the chests of two mercs aligned)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳