Changing difficulty

Started by deadman1, August 08, 2009, 05:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

I just started a new game using one of the savegamefiles uploaded here. The difficulty was set to Easy but I want to try my hand at Infamous. After I changed the setting under options the game doesn´t seem to accept the change, everytime I look at the filename under "Load game" it says Easy. even restarting the game won´t help. Am I forced to start a brand new game for this to w@&k, I was hoping to skip the ride from the airport and the tutorial?

Art Blade

just load the savegame, and change to the difficulty level you like, then save again. should do the trick :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Nope tried that already and it still says Easy. That´s what I don´t understand, it doesn´t change the number of syringes for instance I still have 5 or 6 of them (can´t remember witch).

PZ

That's strange - has not happened to me and I've tried most of them and they w@&k just as if I had created them on my machine from the start.  Maybe try one of the other downloads?

Art Blade

more to the point, which savegame exactly did you download that troubles you?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

It was Warren pretutorial after the taxiride and the Jackals speach, timeindex:03:21:27

Art Blade

let's try something, I'm going to upload a Warren file for you, tutorial just finished, in pala, and a few diamonds at hand. Will post in a few mins when it's up  :)

Art Blade

deadman1

Nope that didn´t w@&k either, even when I started the game with the original shortcut. Thanks for trying though  :-X. I have created a new save for Warren after tutorial on infamous, if you want to I can upload it later. I was also thinking of doing waht dke58 did and prepare more of these for other characters only these will be on infamous.

@everybody: What characters apart from Warren and Marty would you like to play as? I´ll get these done during the following week if I´m able to.

Art Blade

erm, nice of you to ask... I can present you the answers if you like...

here :) Marty is the fave guy  :)

RedRaven

nice one deadman :-X went back and checked all files posted and can reset difficulty and it stays at new setting, shame it didnt w@&k out for you but goes to show that no 2 PC's w@&k the same. (bet you could buy 2 new systems and within short space of time they would be handling things differently!)
Am in the process of doing next stage of those save-games.  next stage will be all Arms Convoys completed so all Northern weapons open; still with 100% accuracy [if not better] but no diamonds collected or other things done. So will put them up as Easy & Infamous levels which should put a few smiles on faces :)

Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Looking forward to your uploads dke!  :-X

RedRaven

cheers, but . . . . . . . . . . errmmmm . . . . . was talking out of my bottom in previous post (Blonde moment / bad memory / TANKS - lots of tanks with fancy new skins .....)
  Next stage is 2 saves for each character (one with each faction) and it will be standing outside Church in PALA after getting 1st meds- which is End of tutorial proper having just been told to find and kill JACKAL.
Then will run round like a murdering nutter with De-Ja-Vu  do all 4 convoys and be back in PALA for dinner :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

deadman1

I`m sorr ythat I haven´t been able to do the uploads that I promised becuse ever since Art introduced me to FUEL, FC2 have been put on the backburner  :-[

Art Blade

hey deadman, chillax :) this is a place to have fun, and if you are having fun with FUEL, well, where is the problem ;) It's not that the rest of the world can't start FC2 because of you, now is it :)

deadman1

Yeah I know I just hate it when I fail to deliver on a promise. It´s one of my minor flaws  ;D

PZ

Quote from: deadman on August 19, 2009, 01:03:06 PM
Yeah I know I just hate it when I fail to deliver on a promise. It´s one of my minor flaws  ;D
I'm sure we all feel the same way, especially in our professional lives, but here on the site we all understand that we do the best we can considering that this is not our "day job"  ;)

Art Blade

Alright, then, when are you going to upload those savegames everyone is waiting for?

hehehehehehehehehehehehe

RedRaven

who sir ?me sir ?
, , , , , when can tear myself away from Tanks and Tasty Sniper rifles and . and . . and . . . and . . . .
oh and a bit of ; ; ;  ;) :-X

Art Blade

no, sir, I'm afraid it's deadman, sir :) He was more worried than you, sir. But now that you speak of it, son...

hehehehehehehehehehehe

deadman1

RedRaven

Soz pops, sort of re-vamping earlier posts to. making sure they all w@&k with 3rd patch, and getting Easy and Infamous saves all nicely sorted. And got a "Tester" which i'm about to post, so if you got couple of mins to give it once over would be grateful, cos i'm not going to follow this idea for other 8 characters if its no good, check FC2 Latest Content in 5-10mins. :-X 

Tags:
🡱 🡳