Remember the Police academy movies?

Started by deadman1, August 06, 2009, 01:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

Us old folks here on the site might remember these movies and in particular Sgt. Larvelle Jones (played by Michael Winslow). I did a search on youtube for him and I´ve been laughing my head off for the last hour. Just a little tip  ;) 

JRD

fragger mentioned the Blue Oyster a few days ago... I was checking those scenes at youtube for a great, great laugh......
It was a huge success outside US too... great fun
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I even went to the cinema for those, back then :) I liked the black cop who could do all kinds of sounds with his mouth
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on August 06, 2009, 03:28:08 PM
I even went to the cinema for those, back then :) I liked the black cop who could do all kinds of sounds with his mouth

That´s Michael Winslow and he was my favorite character.

Art Blade

cheers for that name :-X One of the first human beat box artists  :) Couldn't help it, I too had to check some youtube vids just then, and watched/listened to him performing... so funny... one of my favourites of his little "shows" is when he wet-shaves... and the razor turns against him LOL
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Hated the movies, love The Blue Oyster Cult though!

Have a giggle at this skit with BOC and Christopher Walken

http://www.livevideo.com/media/playvideo_fs.aspx?fs=1&cid=4B1CD4B7032349C49C3D031426D06E7C

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

RedRaven

all i can recall of them is HighTower and the fact that 1 thru 4 seem to of vanished as they only ever show number 5 on TV
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

fragger

Quote from: Fiach on August 06, 2009, 05:00:46 PM
Hated the movies, love The Blue Oyster Cult though!

I was wondering if anyone would bring them up, Fiach! I had all their albums when I was a young whippersnapper - actually, I still have a lot of them. Great band!
That clip with Christopher Walken was hilarious - not the real BOC, though. Where did you find that?
D'you know that BOC are still going? They must be giving Methuselah a run for his money... Must be some truth to the old adage: Old rockers never die, their cords just become disconnected.
But yeah, still like to listen to them. That Buck Dharma is superb!  :)

PZ

You're showing your age with that "albums" word fragger - 78 rpm?  ;D

fragger

;D ;D
I listened to a Black Sabbath album on 78 speed once, and I saw God, man!

Art Blade

what "albums"? you don't collect stamps, do you?

I hear music too, using that nice and practical sound reproduction device invented by Thomas Edison in 1877... called "mechanical phonograph cylinder" - I hear that the invention spread across the globe...

JRD

Quote from: fragger on August 07, 2009, 09:31:45 AM
;D ;D

If you saw God on Black Sabbath... there must be something wrong....   ;)

fragger

That was an old Cheech & Chong gag (showing my age again).
Just found out I can quote myself - so that's what I sound like...

JRD

Quote from: fragger on August 07, 2009, 09:52:54 AM

That was an old Cheech & Chong gag (showing my age again).
Just found out I can quote myself - so that's what I sound like...

Cheech and Chong ought to be seeing Bob Marley  ;D

Art Blade

lol @ cheech&chong... strange guys/flics  :-X

Quote from: fragger on August 07, 2009, 09:52:54 AMJust found out I can quote myself - so that's what I sound like...

hahaha, nice one, matey  ;D

Reminds me of the university, the prof would tell the newbies to NOT quote themselves as they were not yet in a position to do so LOL like, "as I so rightfully said in my w@&k of..." ROFL

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on August 07, 2009, 10:00:11 AM
Reminds me of the university, the prof would tell the newbies to NOT quote themselves as they were not yet in a position to do so LOL like, "as I so rightfully said in my w@&k of..." ROFL

;D ;D ;D
Profs must be the same the world over!

Fiach

LOL, loved the sabbath and marley references! :)

That clip is darned hard to get mate, its banned on youtube, took me awhile to unearth it. The guys are not BOC, you're correct, I think they were just guys on the SNL staff, the guy pretending to be Bloom on the cowbell, is pretty famous .... and dead I guess, dunno the others. The sketch was redone lately with some other worthies, forget who though.

Yeah, BOC are still going, they have a new bassist now, a young guy, got a great DVD of them playing some sort of sun eclipse gig a few years back and they were on top form, when they stared the intro to Cities on Flame, Buck looked at the audience, sorta shivered, then when it came to the solo, he looked again, flexed his fingers and just laid into it! had a major heads down mindless boogie on the floor with the bassist, must root it out for the name for ya, but its quality stuff, have interviews with the band and audience on it as well, which was cool.

EDIT : Here it is :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Oyster-Cult-Long-Night/dp/B000E0LCT4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1249683284&sr=1-1

Thought you guys only listened to Kevin Bloody Wilson LOL :D, our guilds motto in Ryzom is DILLIGAF!
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

fragger

Quote from: Fiach on August 07, 2009, 02:36:31 PM
Thought you guys only listened to Kevin Bloody Wilson

Nah, we're not all #$^%# filthy-mouthed &*@#%$ Aussie *$^@#'s!

:) Cheers for the BOC DVD link, had a look at it and looks like it'd be worth getting. Once I get a few bob to rub together that is, have to save pennies at the moment to pay for the new landscaping we want to have done.

Art Blade

by "landscaping," do you mean carpet-bombing a yard the size of some European countries?  ;D

fragger

;D The yard seems about that size when I think about what's to be done there... You may have something with that carpet-bombing idea!

Tags:
🡱 🡳