Medal of Honor: Airborne - $9.99

Started by PZ, July 31, 2009, 03:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I just picked up a copy of the game at Best Buy and managed to install it on my Vista64 machine.  The graphics are surprisingly nice on the PC compared to the same game on the PS3 (I thought the graphics on the console were old generation-looking).  I was shocked at the difference - the colors are much like what we see in FC2, and it is a relatively open-world game if I recall correctly (you can go most anywhere - rooms, roof top, etc.) to get to your objective.

Not a bad investment for less that 10 bucks.  For anyone interested, here are a few cheats:

Cheat Codes
Add the command-line "-enableconsole" to the shortcut for the game.

Example: "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Medal of Honor Airborne\UnrealEngine3\Binaries\Airborne.exe" -enableconsole

While playing, press [~] (tilde) to open up the console, then type any of the following cheat codes:

• Slomo #: Change speed of the game (# is your own number 1000.0 - .10000)
  • Behindview 0: First Person View
  • allammo: Gives all ammo for all weapons
  • allweapons: Gives all weapons
  • loaded: Gives all weapons, ammo and 100 adrenaline
  • God: God Mode
  • Slomo .5: Half gamespeed,gives slowmo action!
  • showhud: HUD visible or not
  • ghost: Noclip mode (walk/fly through walls)
  • demoplay [demoname]: Plays the specified demo
  • demorec [demoname]: Records a demo using the demoname you type
  • Slomo 1.0: Regular gamespeed
  • walk: Stop flying
  • stopdemo: Stop recording a demo
  • Behindview 1: Third Person View
  • upgradeweapon: upgrade weapon one level

Art Blade

sounds like you got yourself a nice game for 10 bucks... thanks for the info and extra service (cheats)  :) :-X

Maybe I see it in my favourite games shop, I might consider buying it.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

It's really not too bad, especially for the price.  It has that  Howard Hawks production (lighting) appearance to it that I really like.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, if you can pick it up for that price, I would say go for it. Not completely open world like FC2, but pretty nice that you can pick your landing zone once you jump out of the plane. And getting those special landing zones can be a real pain, some of them are very tough. Especially on the last flak tower level, there's the one under a walkway in a small window that took me forever to land on.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳