Custom mission: Kameny

Started by gvse, July 30, 2009, 06:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gvse

Hi guys,

This is custom mission Kameny
You and two other spec ops personnel perform a high-altitude jump to Utes Island where you will be tasked with several objectives, such as taking out conspirators, collecting evidence, destroying enemy aircraft, ammo cache and radar installation. You can complete your objectives in any order and using whatever methods you deem appropriate (artillery support is at your disposal but avoid collateral damage). The mission will require long range engagement and close quarters encounters, and once you get detected enemy will probably call air support.
Local supporters have brought ammo supplies to your landing zone (barrel on fire) so you can reequip if you don't like your current loadout. Task markers can be toggled on and off via your map so at no point should you get lost.
Enjoy and let me know what you think of this micro-campaign ;)
Required add-ons (for links refer to Mods to Investigate thread:
1.   Cheytac sniper
2.   Extra units

Mission download: http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile;id=68

Art Blade

sounds like you put a lot of w@&k into that - will be hard to catch up with your editor skills  ;)  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Excellent gvse - can't wait to try it!  :-X

gvse

Yeah, took some time to develop this one as I kept adding things because I wanted to give the impression that the island is inhabited and things keep happening whether you are there or not. Hope most of the things w@&k as they are supposed to!

PZ

Did you need to script things much to take care of "housekeeping" things in the game?  I've read that units (in-game objects) can do funny things if not scripted properly.  I've not experienced that in playing with the editor, but I've also not really tried creating anything as sophisticated as what you're doing and what I see at armaholic.

gvse

I did use scripts on occasion, e.g. for setting up troops patrolling designated areas, for placing them in buildings, and for setting up artillery without having to use Secondary Ops Module (which, by the way, is very easy but then secondary ops kick in and keep distracting from the main missions). Other than that it's triggers, waypoints (which I no longer use for player-controlled units; they get their objectives via markers and briefing), and synchronization.
I haven't noticed AI doing something overly funny, but they are prone to running like headless chicken sometimes, even when I am standing very close.

RedRaven

just pulled your files down, thats my entertaiment for rest of today :-X cheers. been split between playing that Armoured Recon scenario, thats worth a look if you not seen it.
and starting to get better with the Attack Helicopters too, Ka-52 looks sinister, so if you know any good Heli missions will check them out too.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Tags:
🡱 🡳