Blow up the gas tanker..no, not retiredgord

Started by retiredgord, July 29, 2009, 07:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Just when things start settling down along comes the opportunity to get yourself in a mess again.
  So it was when I decided to go to the APR for some w@&k? And they asked me, and I agreed, to blow up a tanker of Nitrous Oxide for them. It is at the Dental Clinic. Doesn't seem tough , just get the right angle, a couple of rounds and watch the BBQ start.  Not so, as I was to discover when the phone rang.  Should get the number changed, as this always means something way different. It is, again this time. Nasreen, more trouble, wants me to go to the Post Office, get a package containing a distributor cap, fix THAT SAME TRUCK and then drive the damn thing to the garage where she works. That's not all because when I get there she is going to rig it to explode, killing her boss and probably some others.  Wouldn't a one week notice be better when quitting?
     I reluctantly agree and set off in the Jeep towards the safe house located on a dead-end road south-west out of town. It's a short drive from there to Post Office and the start of an interesting set of missions. I blow pass the guard post at the bridge and zip up into near the safe house, exit the vehicle and ready myself for trouble. There is none. Weird, as these guys, I think get something for body numbers. Oh well, I'll greet them later. Time for rest.
     Ahh what a good rest will do for body and soul. I exit with the Carl G, Duke and McMac, go over to the rock overlooking the guard post and launch a rocket or two over to them. The explosions brighten my day and I ammo up and hop in the A/truck for my trip to Post Office. I take the south road  and have short .50 cal talk with the residents of the guard post there after which I drive on over to the hills East. I have another disagreement of road rights with an A/truck and they are convinced they're dead wrong. I creep up the hill to recon the area below. I see the boys are just in a chillin' mood so I think whatta time for a BBQ. Two rockets from Carl and the big Propane tank and two or three mercs  is a burnin'. Unfortunately, of course, the whole damn area is not happy and seem to be very intent on bringing about my demise. Duke comes out to bring about a more evening of the numbers by coughing a few times. Two mercs are coming fast to me below the rock I'm on so out comes McMac and some chatter from him takes down two more. Duke comes out again and I start a systematic pick off of any available targets. When no more shots seem to be coming my way I start a run to the windmill base, stop for a check of the area and then run into the Post Office to retrieve the parcel. With that done my mission is partially complete, according to my phone call from my lady.
   I leave the area but take a few more shots at one or two mercs that have come out of hiding. They are of no consequence now and I boogy back up to the A/truck to start the trip to the Dental Clinic. Another road patrol is attended to and drive  in towards the safe house on the east side of the rocks south of Dental Clinic for a rest. That done I decide to try and get a diamond rumored to be on an island in the river. I walk towards the river and the beep starts on the locator and I find one on the bank. I walk up towards and under the bridge avoiding the guards, along the bank and then take a cooling and cleansing swim out to the island to collect the gem. Back in the water and a swim over brings me to the safe house on the southwest  of the large rock. I ammo and health up, changed Carl to Peter and start walking towards the pass behind the Underground house.
    I avoid any patrols and scoot into the pass to try and get the truck and deliver it to Nasreen. I creep in to and get just near the side of the building on the left when the sharp-eyed sniper sends a couple of rounds my way. Several mercs are trotting my way and Duke drop two and then Peter comes out to save me when the others are getting close. I throw a cocktail from my higher ground and it starts a fire which one merc takes as his cue to dance "the Hotfoot Tamale" routine.  He drops to the ground and his friend not to be outdone jumps right in there with him.  Jerks.
   Crap!!  Malaria..not a good time but some medication and it passes. I run back and to the right to avoid being cornered. A whizz, pop and a muzzle puff gives me the location of that sniper and Duke barks and he's gone. Two more mercs have started to flank me. This I know cause I'm taking hits from there. Peter opens up and they drop. Syrette. Better. Run back to check my six. Two more there and Peter puts them down. A slow creep and Duke comes out to get a loner coming to see where his buddies are partying.  He joins them.
      It's quiet now so I sneak around checking for strays. None around so I go to the truck, fix it and get ready for the next part. The phone rings and Nasreen is getting REAL bitchy about my speed and tells me to get there soon, but be careful because of the stuff in the truck being very explosive.  No s#!t, honey. I quick check of the map and I start out to drive up to Sefapane, her w@&k town and the destination I need to reach, alive.
I drive and stop well up the road from a guard post there. Walk closer and engage the inhabitants in a firefight on possession.  Lots of rounds are exchanged, mercs die, I get wounded, heal, more shooting and eventually Duke puts the last out of his misery and opens up more "Mercs Wanted"  ads in the Mercs a Plenty magazine. I grab a nearby diamond..another bonus.
     The road is opened and the drive to Sefapane north is uneventful. I find and park the truck in the garage with all the boys wondering what is going on. Little do they know. Nasreen tells me to open the valves on the tank while she rigs the electrical for an explosion. When all is ready she tells me to get out and away a bit as this is going to be BIG. When that explosion goes, I'm on my way to the hills up near the bridge at the north east.. What a BOOM!!! What a FIRE!! Look bodies being tossed about. I can almost hear Nasreen yelling "I Quit".
  When the fire has died I get a message Nasreen needs a little help so I run back down , find her  and get rid of any hangars-on around town. There are about 4 or six but they dwindle fast with our combined firepower. Mission all over is a great message, I walk and ammo up and find an A/truck to "borrow" to take me to the Bus Station for a ride back to the Marina.
     Man I should just say "NO, NO, NO". But I probably won't.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

sounds like quite the experience there, Gord... well done  :-X Maybe should have killed the bitch, after all ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳