Scripts to investigate

Started by PZ, July 28, 2009, 02:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Post anything related to scripts and mission editing that you find interesting here.

PZ

ARMA2 object class scripting reference

Here's something for starters - the ARMA2 object class scripting reference on Rapidshare (130 mb)

ARMA2 scripting reference download link

This should give us some food for thought  ;)

PZ

Ammo Crate Filler

This script will create a fully loaded ammo box with all weapons and ammo classes.  Contains a sample mission for example.

Ammo Crate Filler link

PZ

PVP script pack

This script pack should take care of the behind-the-scenes housekeeping chores for you without having to script them.  For instance, spawning, borders, and other aspects of a mission need to be specifically addressed - this one takes care of that without you needing to be proficient with scripting.  From the author: 

Description:
Use PVP script pack to create more CTF/DM/TDM/FF maps. The most notable aspect of the script pack is that it allows users to create a PVP map by adding just a few markers to a map; NO knowledge of scripting/triggers or other advanced aspects of edititing are required. The pack comes with an 18 page manual that walks beginners through the process.

It is quite possible to create a basic CTF in less than 5 minutes using this pack.

PVP script pack link

PZ

Urban Patrol Script

Does this patrol script remind you of anything?

Description:
This script allows you to easily create a mission with randomly moving patrols in a predefined area.

Urban Patrol Script link

PZ

Lost Key

This looks like a script to allow you to change parameters of the game while in the game (kind of like the debug console on steroids).  In fact, from looking at the features, appears to be some kind of trainer.

Description:
This is a stress testing tool for mission makers.

Features:

• AuraVision
  • Ghost Mode
  • God Mode
  • Unlimited ammo
  • the ability to spawn anything in your addons...
  • teleport
  • h.a.l.o.
  • full music player with custom music
  • hitch anything
  • oh.. did i mention the entire arsenal of artillery?
Lost key link

PZ

Artillery Support System Package

Description:

You can call in artillery support from various weaponry.

Features:

• An action interface to fully customize an artillery fire mission during gameplay
  • You can chose which battery you wish to shoot
  • You can define [Mission type - Round Type - Rate of Fire - Number of Rounds]
  • You can also define the dispersion field of the artillery
  • Ammo Limitation of each ammo type.
  • M270 MLRS shoot'n Scoot Abillity
Artillery Support System link

JRD

Damn, PZ.... THAT'S OUR ADMIN ... HOO RAA...  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

lol, thanks for the compliment JRD, but I'm just the go-fer guy that found what I thought were interesting scripts.  The credit goes to those clever guys that put them together!  :-X

RedRaven

dam it you beat me to it with the Artillery Strike, all good tho :-X (need bigger artillery to actualy use too ;D )
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

I just installed the "Lost Key" script and it does w@&k somewhat like a trainer.  There are some aspects that do not w@&k on my system, but the weapons and ammo settings are great.  Tried it on gvse's lumberyard mission and switched to a VSS Vintorez, a large sniper rifle.  Much easier to do with the proper equipment!

gvse

Hey guys,
I was to post here yesterday but my internet connection was down the whole day. Anyways,
Random House Patrol
Great for some close quarters encounters.
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6078

Retreat to building and place in buildings
Similar to the previous one but also has your enemy looking for cover in buildings once things heat up.
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73843&highlight=retreat

Sheepbomb
A fun script that generates sheep with explosives planted on them :)
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6312

Art Blade

hehehe, nice, thanks :)

The last one is something I could imagine we changed the code a little and made enemies spawn with explosives planted on them  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Scripting tutorial

Johan Gustafsson's scripting tutorial makes for interesting reading.  This highly detailed description of what is necessary to create custom missions will get you started:

Scripting tutorial link

PZ

ARMA2 Classnames

Here's a link photos and more importantly, classnames for use in scripting and/or weapons selection when using the debug console.

ARMA2 ClassName Library

JRD

I was checking the armaholic site and there is a "scenarios" area with lots of SP missions, coops, campaigns and mission packs... geez.. those guys already put more content together than the whole SP game itself.... that's truly a game for the community... have to applaud those guys at BIS for making it possible and also for those armaholic contributers for creating all of it.  :-X :-X

Sadly, I read somewhere there won't be a mission editor in OFP2, so maybe all those material won't be availble for another title... have to check that though, but it would be a shame  >:(

PZ

That indeed would be a shame - as you mentioned, there are more missions that are user-created than original game missions - extends the game play to limitless level.  In fact, even when you play the same mission, your approach and what happens might be completely different.  I fondly recall gvse's Hide&Seek mission - have done it completely twice and each time you'd think it was a completely different mission the way that it progressed.  gvse mentioned that he designed it for the MP5SD6 but I used the Cheytac (by using the debug console).  This is an amazing simulation and far surpasses anything that I have played before as far as longevity of game play.  :-X :-X

gvse

Quote from: JRD on August 03, 2009, 02:49:10 PM
Sadly, I read somewhere there won't be a mission editor in OFP2, so maybe all those material won't be availble for another title... have to check that though, but it would be a shame  >:(

As far as I know OPF2 PC version comes out with an editor. Now that I have used the editor in Arma2 I don't think I would bother getting OFP2 if they ditched the tool.

JRD

... or maybe the correct is that there's no editor in the console version...

gvse

That's what I implied (I guess ;))

JRD

Quote from: gvse on August 04, 2009, 06:19:59 AM
That's what I implied (I guess ;))

Yes you did... now that I re-read your post... it's there...  ;)

PZ

OMG, I just used something called "das big guns" in the Lost Key mod, and a couple of the guns that cycle through your weapons completely devastated the town in gvse's Hide&Seek mission.  There was literally not a building standing nor a vehicle that was not burning.  One of the weapons was a hand-held stinger, and another was some kind of mini-gun that delivered 4000 rounds per minute.  I swept the area with that gun and it literally cleaned the landscape.  For those that like to play with weapons that are over the top, I'd highly recommend that you try the Lost Key mod and play around.  I'm still just touching the surface of what this mod can do.  :-X :-X :-X

RedRaven

cool, anything for a laugh. If any of you are into your Helicopters check out Little birds
( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5952 )
Nothing else needed and you get the combat and med-evac versions. nice and small, very nippy, and perfect for those Black Hawk Down style fly-bys.

put link here for you PZ, incase it needs to go with others in your fab directory :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Just added it to the Mods article  :-X

RedRaven

sweet, got to say that the weather - Rain, Thunder & Lightning and even Rainbows in ARMA2 are very very impressive, made me realise there is only rain in FarCry :(

Tags:
🡱 🡳