Mods to consider

Started by PZ, July 28, 2009, 11:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

totally, its not a quick n easy one, and is way beyond my current skill level too, so have set myself a high bar and had the sense to know enough that it can be broken down into component stages. Was planning on getting the 1st stages skeleton together and making sure the idea and story arc worked 'in-game-world' then ask for collaboration beyond that. Specially seeing as the short story-arc thru each section is about it being an Open World, where better than "openworldgames" memership could it come from :)  So far tho seem to have spent most my time trying to get other folks mods workin
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

I know what you mean - I'm working on a single town mission and it seems to be going quite well.  Setting IEDs in old cars to catch unsuspecting foes.  I'm a Cheytac sniper high on a rusty tower, and my first duty as the mission starts is to kill a couple of snipers that are gunning for me.  My side is outnumbered at least 3 to 1 but the other side is nothing but insurgents and militia, but they do have several RPG mercs.  I don't have any armor, and only a single .50 mounted HUMVEE. 

The other side has 4-5 snipers and my side only two, including me.  The other guy has a spotter, but I don't.  The other side did recruit a Spetznaz squad, and those guys are competent.

As to the explosions, they look almost real; the fire, black and gray smoke, and even the rising mushroom followed by fall toward the ground - just perfect.

The nice thing about not being a leader is that I don't hear any of the chatter.

I've played the mission at least a dozen times now, and each time is fun - vary the time of day, the ambient weather, etc.  A great part of the fun in this game is the mission building - you get great satisfaction seeing your vision come into focus.

PZ

KingTiger Mod - functions in ARMA2

It isn't perfect, but tons of fun to drive these WWII vehicles in Schmalfelden.  I'm not sure if you can assign crews to the vehicles though - you might need to personally drive them.

EDIT: I just figured out how to get a crew into the Tiger - was able to place a few tigers on a hill occupied by the enemy.  Placed a crew nearby and when the game started, they all hopped into the tank and started toward town on a seek and destroy mission.  Was really cool to see an old King Tiger tank thundering, smoking, and firing it's way into town.  I was able to get a squad into the Opel truck as well.  When I watched their actions, they were headed to a way point in town, but each time they encountered us, they hopped out and had a fight after which they automatically piled in again and continued on their way.  I suspect that I'll be able to put a pilot into the BF-109 and get him to buzz us as well.  Here is how to get the King Tiger mod to w@&k:

• Place an Empty tank on the map
  • Place a Player on the map
  • Get in and start driving.
  • If you know something about way points and synchronization, you can also place 3 crew members and instruct them to get in as commander, gunner, and driver.
EDIT: check this post for an OWG exclusive  ;) an editable King Tiger playground mission

I took this screen capture at an airfield in the northern part of Sahrani, putting all the WWII vehicles I had at my disposal.

[smg id=1145]
Armaholic KingTiger Mod download

PZ

Tomahawk Cruise Missiles in A2

mankyle on the  armaholic forums reports that he has found a way to use the cruise missiles which are present in ArmA2 by default.

Quote mankyle:
As many of you may know, in the Air2.pbo there is code for an unfinished suite of scripts for simulating a cruise missile launched from a submarine.
Unfortunately, the scripts were a little bit buggy (they were a WIP) but I have finished and refined them. It is still a WIP but it certainly is quite useable.

I have created an small mission in utes to show the effect.

Hope you like it

Tomahawk Cruise Missiles link

PZ

Mauser 98k and MP40

A couple of new weapons for you WWII fans:

Quote gms on BI forum:
Hey guys, I'm pleased to announce release of my addons, which I originally was making for ArmA 1. This little weapon pack consists of MP40 submachine gun and Mauser 98k carbine (available in several versions: standart, with bayonet knife, with Zeiss telescopic sight and version, which allow you to fire rifle grenades). All models feature ArmA 2 supershader effect (this delayed release a bit as old tools didn't allow this effect to be applied on binarized weapon. Hopefully, with freshly released new tools this is no more a problem) and were carefully modelled after real-world prototypes. Hope you'll like them.

Mauser 98k and MP40 link

PZ

Replacement Reticles and Realistic Ballistics

Quote the author in BI forums:
The purpose of this reticle pack is to properly calibrate the rifle reticles within ArmA 2, to allow for range estimation and to transform the task of long-distance shooting from nothing more than pressing space bar or just a guessing game, into an exercise in range estimation and bullet drop compensation. This pack also includes more realistic zero's and accurate ballistics, created by NonWonderDog.

Replacement Reticles and Realistic Ballistics link

PZ

Villas WWII Addon Pack for ARMA2 coming soon

Quote Stubblehopper:
Just managed to get these ported over from Arma to ArmA2. I need to make a few minor improvements to the models, adjust/update the graphics a little and they should be ready to serve once again on the Eastern Front.
After that I'll think about releasing them for download in a week or two.

This one is great for all you WWII fans!

Villas WWI Link

RedRaven

If your a Sniper fan check out this
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6748

gives 18 weapons used by Spanish forces, but its the Barret M95
your after - Explosive Rounds !!! see it in action here

[smg id=1229 type=av]

this is first and test vid post so feedback appreciated :-X
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Sorry dke... just a red X

Maybe you better embbed a youtube vid... just a thought!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

Done and Done :-X  now just need to sort out a few Tanktastic sequences and get quality-resolution optimised for posting. . . . .

Art Blade

The result is something like a cross between an RPG and a Dragunov :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Wow - looks cool - will need to check it out  :-X

PZ

U.S. Navy SEALS

Description:
This addon contains reskinned units intended to represent the United States Navy Sea, Air, and Land Forces, commonly known as the Navy SEALs. Also included are 2 weapons, a black version of the Mk 48 Mod 0 Machine Gun and a M16A3/M203 Assault Rifle, which is a fully-automatic variant of the M16A2 adopted in small numbers around the time of the introduction of the M16A2, primarily by the U.S. Navy for use by SEAL, Seabee, and Security units.

U.S. Navy SEALS download link

JRD

Is there a way I can carry one of those beauties dke just introduced AND a rifle? Is there a Mod for that, maybe?

All I get is a rifle and a RPG or a sniper and a RPG... we should be able to carry a sniper rifle AND a regular rifle.

I'd be unstopable on my second playthrough the campaign with that beast AND a M16/M203 with me

PZ

That's a good question, JRD - I've still not worked out all the intricacies of the gear I carry yet, but I think that in order for me to carry a different primary weapon, I need to drop the one I'm carrying.

PZ

Sounds of War

Features:
  • All explosion sounds changed.
  • More bullet hit sounds.
  • All weapon sounds changed.
  • Incoming sounds for artillery module projectiles.
  • Movement sounds changed. (footsteps & gear)
  • Some nature sounds changed.
  • Thunder sounds changed.
  • Forest sounds changed.
  • Rain sounds changed and added more variety.
  • Added sounds to animations such as, salute, evasive rolling and climbing over obstacle.

Sound of War download link

PZ

Lost Key Tool - updated for v1.03

This is one of my favorites, and allows me to start God mode, unlimited ammo, ghost mode, different weapons, and a whole host of other fun things that makes playing the game loads more fun (I probably wouldn't like ARMA2 nearly as much without this mod) In this new version he added animals and bikes and some other things he forgot.

Lost Key Tool download link

RedRaven

been using Lost Key as well, and with you can often get Sniper Rifle and a Launcher (usually i go for DMR rifle with SMAW launcher, and a Glock pistol). tho sometimes it will only let you have Rifle OR Launcher. the Barret M95 wont let you have another large weapon, only a pistol, but you can carry an M24 and a SMAW. on the inventory screen the larger Sniper Rifles remove the bottom green box for Launchers (Barret M95, M107) where as the assault/sniper rifles all allow a Launcher.Same goes for some of the LMG's too both the M240 and M249 SAW dont allow anything else.
So now using M95 with explosive rounds, Glock side arm and if needing a bit more of a punch without 'summoning' a Tank with Lost Key (bit overkill sometimes and tend to go on a rampage in them :P  i've got into using the TOW system, its not Man-portable but can be Static or (spits on floor in disgust) its mounted on a HMMMV, good fun curving the shots to catch moving armoured targets. If someone manages to find a mod of UK forces that actually works it may be in that but the UK armed forces have them mounted  on Lynx helicopters :-X
  hope thats helpfull, bit rambling but......

PZ

:-[  oops, forgot to put that the Lost Key tool was updated to use v1.03 - evidently some things didn't w@&k when the new patch came out - those should be addressed with this new version.

RedRaven

decided on a short respite from running rampant with Tanks
(check out the Operation Northstar mods on Armaholic for a Leopard and other Canadian goodies)
so decided to try a bit of Helicopter Antics and found this
the spectacular AH64 Apache,  3 versions, none perfect in appearance and textures but still lots of Fun to play with.

PZ

Elias Sound Mod

Quote Sgt.Elias:
New version eliassound v1.0.2 for ArmA2 released.Big big thanks to kju, he made the key´s.Changes in this version:
- complete new sounds fore A10, AV8B, F35, KA50.
- jet pilots are have now piloten breath sound and hardbeat.
- new gearesounds.
- complete new sounds for M1A1- 1/2, T72, T90
- fractional new shootsounds.
- new satchel/minen placesounds.
- new grenadesounds.
- new m203 sounds.
- new fuelexplosionsounds.
- alle explosionssounds überarbeitet.
- lots of sounds reworked.
- fractional new landscapesounds.
- rain have now SFX sounds. (waterblip, watersplatch...)
- wind have now different SFX sounds.
- new player equipment sounds.
- player have FSX sounds, heartbeat.
- and lots more.

Elias Sound Mod download link

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on August 20, 2009, 03:54:59 PM- alle explosionssounds überarbeitet.

An easter egg for me?  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

HAHAHA, I did a copy/paste quote from the author of the mod, and noticed it when I read it through.  Was going to delete it, but thought that you'd probably enjoy catching it!  ;D

He must have forgotten to delete the German line when he (or someone) did the translation.

JRD

... for the non German speaking... what does "überarbeitet" means??

PZ

The line "alle explosionssounds überarbeitet" refers to the next line in the list "lots of sounds reworked" or "reworked" to answer your question if I'm not mistaken with my grade school knowledge of German - Art?

Tags:
🡱 🡳