Teleportation is not just on Star Trek...

Started by KillerZ, July 27, 2009, 11:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerZ

So Flora asks me to do a solid, go and kill the king at the Fort...Ok, I say and hop on my ATV and away I go. 8)  The execution turns out to be cake, just start a bunch of fires in the courtyard and listen to the BBQ... Anyway, so I kill the king, get the ring and travel my happy a$$ ALL THE WAY back to the lakeside safehouse.  I barrel thru the last checkpoint and they don't shoot out my tires for once and I stop at the end of the road there before it goes up the hill to the house.  I get in the turret of my "borrowed" ride and let loose at the mercs at the checkpoint when I don't hit any... That's odd, I think to myself... so mebbe if I move up the road a ways...So i hop outta the back and mosey up the road a ways and that's when I hear, "Maybe we lost whoever's attacking."  Mind you, they are all milling around together in a crowd in the middle of the road.  So I pull out my trusty dart rifle and start pumping darts into'em.  It was like they couldn't see me and I'm standing in the middle of the freakin' road... It was like shooting fish in a bucket...  So, I kill all the baddies and I go up to the house and I see this pimped ride sitting in the drive so I decided to give the Prince a surprise he and Flora wouldn't soon forget so I place like 5 IED's on the house and pull the switch.  Guess what?  That's right, as I hit the door to go in I hear, "Hello."  DAMMIT!!!  His happy a$$ just freaking TELEPORTED in there after I blew the crap outta it... <sigh> 

...after all that and my stupid save point is way back before I went to the Fort....

JRD

Nice story... I hate when they act like that... so frstrating.
When you try something and it just goes wrong cos you messed it up or the mercs had a glimpse or real AI and flanked you... than its great... improvise and make you way out of it... but when you realise it went wrong cos the game wanted it to be like that..... sigh....  :(
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

maybe there is a trap door in that safe house that they come in through.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

the best way to blow the prince up is to park your ride almost inside the front wall, stick IEDs to the car and every wall. The last time I did it, I opened the door of the house and inside the safehouse I found a freaking DOOR of my blown-up jeep. Maybe that door went through the royal head first, the dead prince had a funny look burned into his face  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Cool - I wonder if we could have blown up our last buddy (Michele) inside Mike's that way  :-X

Art Blade

no  ;D

When you read through all those posts (or remember them) we all experience the same: Buddies at Mike's "semi final" will survive - but it looks more like resurrection.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I'm too old to remember much, but I do recall that all the buddies that "die" inside Mike's will be classified as "Abandoned" on the stats page.  ;)

However, that was not my thought in the original post - was wondering if you could kill your last buddy by that blast method well before the Mike's massacre episode.  For instance, before the "kill the faction leader" at Goka mission. I know that in my last play through, Michele had a habit of walking along the left wall (as you enter the building) - maybe park an IED-loaded vehicle there and see if something similar to what you did to the Prince happens.

Art Blade

OK then, got it wrong. However, I did have that thought of yours myself lately and tried to kill a rescue buddy who was in one of my safehouses. I think I would have torn a hole in the country you could hide the moon in, yet that bloody ba$t@rd tried to get his cell phone going... nothing. About the same at Mike's... I torched the place with unlimited fuel in my flamethrower that even the Devil himself would have fled the place, but the buddies inside didn't give as much as a flying fart. Those IEDs I plastered around the walls didn't even shake the roaches off their tracks. Looks like mission impossible there.  :(  ;)

PZ

Probably just as well anyway - without a buddy at Mikes, you'd probably be trapped in the building and cause a game-ending infinite loop.  ;)

Art Blade

I'm going to finish Michele off the hard way, once I see that butterfly in the landing zone... I'll bring a huge, full metal fly swatter  ;D

spaceboy

Quote from: Art Blade on July 28, 2009, 05:17:18 PM
I'm going to finish Michele off the hard way

cleaning coffee off my keyboard now...
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

Hahahahahahahaa you're funny, spaceboy! I didn't even consider what you read there  ;D ;D ;D  :-X

fragger

I saw something that was sort of like teleportation last night. I was wandering around Mosate Selao when this merc sits down on a bench in front of me. I walk past, then hear this agonized scream, and I look around just in time to see the merc freefalling upwards, as though he has been hefted by a pineapple. He gets to about rooftop height then returns to earth with a satisfying thud. I wasn't quick enough to get a screenshot, but it looked funny as hell! So maybe there are UFOs in the area, beaming people up and down, and maybe they started to beam this merc up before they realized how yucky a rectal probe would be with this particular unwashed specimen and threw him back...

Art Blade

I saw that happen in Sefapane. I managed to find the source of that: A broken chair/table where mercs used to sit occasionally. So, when he tried it, it flung him up to like face-to-face with me (me on the roof of the centre building) and of course he did a decent face-plant right thereafter with a pleasant sound accompanying the incident  ;D

By the way, do you know how you can tell a rectal from an oral thermometer?

By its taste...

RedRaven

ones i see beaming in all the time or they convoys, they turn the corner, just beam down onto the road. probably cos they are so bad at driving
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on July 30, 2009, 08:41:46 AM
By the way, do you know how you can tell a rectal from an oral thermometer?

By its taste...
Ewww...  ;D

Art Blade

I hope no one is going to use a phrase like "a man of taste" now  ;) ;D

PZ

Not exactly... you're a man of discriminating taste  ;D

PZ

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on July 30, 2009, 09:49:03 AMNot exactly... you're a man of discriminating taste  ;D

hehehe, fair enough :) Funny thing though, all I said was "a" man, not referring to anyone... why did you think of me ?!  ;D ;)

PZ

hahaha, good point - I guess that the author is assumed to be the intended victim of the comment!  ;D

Art Blade

Some people, I swear, some  people...  ;D ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳