I don't have one of those

Started by JRD, March 22, 2009, 11:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

The bastards are drinking a 30 years old whiskey

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I have a couple 12 years old at home and thats all!!!!!!!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

getting paid in diamonds is good w@&k if you can get it, I guess.  Three thoughts, 1) another example of true attention to detail by the devs 2) nice job on your part to notice it (attention to detail again).  3) Nice job on your part to know that was expensive whiskey...I would not have known that name.  Guess I better start drinking more whiskey!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

Quote from: spaceboy on March 22, 2009, 12:05:27 PM
getting paid in diamonds is good w@&k if you can get it, I guess.  Three thoughts, 1) another example of true attention to detail by the devs 2) nice job on your part to notice it (attention to detail again).  3) Nice job on your part to know that was expensive whiskey...I would not have known that name.  Guess I better start drinking more whiskey!

Hahahahaha.... I don't know that whiskey either, Pollack Connection, guess its just a name they came up with, looks like a Johnny Walker label.
As for the cost of one of those, I remember when I turned 30 I thought I could buy one to celebrate, but when I walked into the liquor store and checked the price I changed my mind.
Got a few beers and a barbecue for half the price.
I'm much more a beer drinker than anything else, but have a whiskey at home when friends come by...

spaceboy

Hilarious, I guess I'm not bright, it'd most likely be a made up label (copyrights etc.).  I'm hard pressed to have anything better than Jim Beam in my cabinet.  Except for Gin, then it's Tanqueray all the way  8)  I too imbibe primarily in beer.

Dweller_Benthos

I bet Thomas Gillet is one of the devs, or a friend, who's 30, and I bet he's Polish, hence Polack. Bottled in Quebec, where Ubisoft Montreal is.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

JRD

Guess you are right D_B, thats the kind of joke devs place in the scenario... well observed!!

PZ

Man, that's some attention to detail - by the way, is anyone aware of Easter eggs in FC2?

JRD

Quote from: pzrzao on March 23, 2009, 10:06:22 AM
Man, that's some attention to detail - by the way, is anyone aware of Easter eggs in FC2?

Been checking the net for easter eggs and found this

"Uh, potential *SPOILERS*

In the southern-most area of the South Territory is a guy who appears to have snatched some diamonds and done a runner in a glider. The glider is stuck in a tree, he's dead some 20 feet below and the diamonds aren't far from him.

Not really an easter egg, but still funny as hell."

Don't recall anything like that... but might be a regular diamond case I missedon my first run

And something about a golden jeep (!!!)

"The "gold Jeep" isn't 100% gold. It just has some gold trim, rims, and emblems. If you play the through the story mode you will see it under half way through."

Thats news for me, but I guess its not an easter egg!!

PZ

cool... 8 times through the game and I've not seen that yet,  In fact, the screen caps that you guys are posting each offer something different that I've experienced.  The really interesting thing is that we could all be describing real world places... try that in COD5 (a game I enjoy, but not like FC2)...

Dweller_Benthos

I never noticed the glider crash, I'll have to keep an eye out for it, I suppose it would be near one of the diamond locations.

The gold-rimmed jeep is the one you get after the mission in the north where you have to kill the old king and get the ring from him and give to his son. He leaves a nice new jeep at the safe house that has gold rims & emblems. He even says, "Keep one of my vehicles as thanks" or something like that. If you don't look at the jeep closely, you won't notice it. I never even bothered to drive it, I don't know if it's still there or not, have to go back and check sometime.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

It would be interesting to see if that Jeep has special driving characteristics that other vehicles don't have.  I kind of like the Jeeps over the assault truck in some terrains - goes places that the trucks would not be able to negotiate.  I'd like to obtain the DLC that spaceboy has recommended several times just to get the ATV - sounds like a great ride.

spaceboy

I found the gold trimmed Jeep - first time through I did not deliver the prince his father's ring and kept it for myself.  This time I was "nice", anyways, here are new and used pics of the Jeep.  I'm not sure if I was dreaming, but it did seem to drive faster than the other vehicles by a little bit and it took a good beating on the sand dunes.  I left it shortly after the used pic smashed into the datsun at the bus stop near the Oasis.  I'm not sure if it will spawn anywhere, but I'm guessing not.  These screenys are taken as a copy from a video still so they're not up to par with PC guys, but they'll do... and yeah, can't tell how to make them big in the post, but you can click on them for a bigger pic.

New:
[smg id=26]

Used:
[smg id=27]

PZ

I too like the Jeeps on occasion because like jrderntl said, they handle better under certain circumstances.  I recall being amazed at the steepness the Jeep could climb in comparison to the assault truck.  The only disadvantage I have found is that you need to jump out of your vehicle when encountering a foe, and of course, you always jump out of the wrong side... road kill time...

Smith Lords

I'm not old enough to drink. :)

spaceboy

Well, if you're old enough to play FC2, you've got that going for you.   :)

PZ

That's great having a younger FC2 fan with us - apparently even young people can exhibit courtesy and respect - nice to have you with us Smith Lords

JRD

Yeah.. and you can hang out at Mike's at your age... nobody in Africa will call the cops... there are none ;)

Art Blade

even if there were, you could still shoot em up LOL
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

I was given that gold trimmed Jeep after getting the ring, but it brought me nowt but bad luck.

When I tried to drive it away, Mercs from the guard post down the hill from the safehouse had somehow been alerted and had come up to say hello, so i had to keep getting out of my increasingly shot up new toy to deal with them.

After i was able to get the darn thing started, I decided to take the other steeper path down, away from the direction of the guard post, only to realize too late, that there was a boat dock and a river at the end of that path. Note i said "too late".  :D
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

:D I know very well how great shortcuts can w@&k out. I once thought I would "only" drive over some hill, but it was actually a cliff. While under water, I had time to study the map carefully...
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

just by the way, I accidently found that crashed glider in a tree with the guy who dropped out of it, diamond case next to him. It is east of Weelegol and north of the bus stop, between those two rock formations. I had to enhance the pic because it's night there lol

[smg id=101]

JRD

That's just great Art.
I posted somewhere about that place.
We were discussing about easter eggs in FC2 and I checked other forums to see what they mentioned and found one saying this would be one.
Well... this is not an easter egg, but the point is, when I posted it here nobody could remember seeing a crashed glider with a diamond case, not even D_B!!!
You just found it   ;D !!

Art Blade

When I happened upon those diamonds just a couple of moments ago I remembered you. Then I had to find and read the entire topic to make sure it was this one and that no one had replied yet. You are welcome, my friend :)

PZ

This looks like a good one for the main maps

Tags:
🡱 🡳