Recording my 2nd FarCry 2 Playthrough... Thoughts/Ideas

Started by Mechsican, July 24, 2009, 06:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

So you're the guy who is a glitch-magnet, which is cool, saw your Oblivion shadowmere levitation vid ;) Should give it a try myself once I dig that game out again.

However, if you like the funny side of games, I guess you've found the right spot here. If you find time, check our FC2 tips board, perhaps that funny tactics and tips topic is of interest for you. Everything here actually is worth reading... our members have a way of playing FC2 and a love for the game I never saw anywhere. D_B is our skilled mapper who came up with excellent edited maps for FC2, DKM2 runs a server, and everyone else here has great talents too, I am always happy to read every post from them. I hope you'll find something inspiring you and giving you ideas what to do in your vids or unrecorded gameplay :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

KingRat

Looks like good stuff  :-X I'll give the vid's a look see after breakfast  :)

Art Blade

It is... actually, I'm going to watch those 3 vids again now  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

just did all three vids in a row, chillaxing, nice way to spend some time :)

Although there is a HD option, I believe it's no better than Normal, is it?

And I was thinking again, you're on a console, how do you do the vid editing, on that black friday laptop of yours? :)

Mechsican

to answer a lot of things all at once...

PZ and everyone else praising me - thank you

Art - The HD option only improves the video if you are watching it from youtube. the embedded player doesn't increase in size like it would on youtube itself. I Produce the videos at a 1280px by 720px  for the 16:9 ratio.

Currently I am using a Dazzle DVC 100 external capture card and the Pinnacle studios video editing software that its packaged with which was 50 dollars at best buy. I'm thinking about buying an HD version of that for component capture but thats 100 so I'm kind of iffy on if I want to buy that or not.

Art Blade

thanks for the info, I am sure some of our console players are interested in that. To me it seems to be the best vid capture of FC2 I've seen so far. Anyways, I am currently "all in" for your narrated vids. I love watching FC2 vids hehehe

PZ

I am a total idiot, and proud to say so.  I've thought about capturing my play on the console periodically, but didn't come up with anything.  Here's where I show my stupidity - I have a USB version of Pinacle's PCTV HD which accepts coaxial or component video - easy to connect the cables from my flat panel TV.  To compound my stupidity listen to this - I have routinely used that device to record some of my satellite TV shows to my laptop's disk - talk about having the solution staring you right in the face, and not being able to see it.  I need to install an emoticon where I can kick myself in the a$$.

Art Blade

awwwwww come ON! it's no sin to commit a mistake. Only not to learn from it  ;D Now you see you've got all you wanted, don't even need to purchase it, so you should be happy :)

PZ

lol, as they say in the game "Let's get this on!"

Mechsican

no problem PZ. it took me a good hour or so to figure out why i wasn't getting the component and RWY to output together like people say it can. I totally forgot about the switch on the A/V cord that needs to be flipped to allow duel output.

Also episode four finally has my voice on it and is being published. should be on the tube and here by at least 5:30pm EST.

Art Blade

PZ

lol, I even have an external terabyte drive for the captured video - man, it's going to be a while before I live this one down!  ;D

Mechsican

and part #4 is live. Its still processing so the quality won't be at its best quite yet.

[smg id=1091 type=av]

Art Blade

AHA! I was hanging around at youtube like a vulture already, hoping to catch it there already  ;D Thanks man, going to check it right away  :)

Art Blade

haha, this was very nice, made me laugh aloud when I got to the kneeling guy scene again, and thanks for the built-in replays also of the guy doing some flips and the one doing the face-plant stunt ;D :-X

I am still grinning, and already awaiting your next part  :-X :)

ah, PS, you would have blown the red barrel with like 2 more rounds of the pistol.

Mechsican

you would have blown the red barrel with like 2 more rounds of the pistol.

Really ?!?!

8 rounds for a barrel... oh well good to know for the future.

Art Blade

more or less, yes. Usually something like one clip and maybe plus one or two more rounds. :) With a Makarov, that is.

RedRaven

its odd with barrels ssometimes tho as you can machette a yellow one and it hardly hurts (unless you stand still in the fire).
Also if your rolling barrels to use Offensively sometimes they will explode while rolling (not had chance to watch your vids yet but defo will do tomorrow)

it can also take up to 3 hits from Dragunov or M1903 to set them off.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

those barrels, like most of the stuff in FC2, have something like a damage or hit counter. If the barrel had been rammed it would be close to exploding, so one or two shots would set it off, or even rolling it over a pebble  :)

I've seen something in the vid that reminds me of a trick. When you see a couple of mercs close to each other and chuck a grenade over, they will flee in all directions. Unless. Unless you shoot (and hit) one of them. That will make them stop moving and look around to spot the shooter. If you do it quickly, the grenade will take them all out  ;D

RedRaven

in a few places there are vehicles, barrels and fuel or ammo all close together and mercs are very often daft enough to gather around it , perfect for charging at full speed then jumping out at last moment, get some very very big bangs
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

yeah, and if that didn't help, a special gift the form of a pineapple thrown in behind will always do the trick  ;D

RedRaven

or pre-primed bumper stickers
hahahahaha,hahahahaha,hahahahaha,hahahahaha. . . .

Art Blade

Mechsican

the first thing I'm doing is trying to get all the diamonds possible in the environment and by assassination missions. i already got my three weapon crates as of now as and have about 38 diamonds for my stealth suit. After that comes one health upgrade then to start buying my weapons.

Tags:
🡱 🡳