Recording my 2nd FarCry 2 Playthrough... Thoughts/Ideas

Started by Mechsican, July 24, 2009, 06:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

The wild hog sounds angry at the beginning of the vid...

Its very cool to watch you play...  :-X

I realised I use grenades a lot after watching your vids.... love when I send a merc up into air  ;)

Also, the sense of consequence is also much greater while playing in the console... you have to use buddy rescues and if its not available, then you are really on your own... I play on PC and tend to quicksave A LOT, I mean really a lot... like 935 savefiles on my 1st run....
Whish i could have a feeling of that you have on console  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Mechsican

Glad you all are enjoying it and getting something out of it as well. By that I mean the desperation of not having a buddy, the usefulness of grenades, or at least learning something.

Thanks for the tip about the mission accepting Art that will make the second and third attempts go a bit faster recording wise. part 10 is taking a bit of w@&k because the first section is ending and the highlights are coming up and its taking some time to find the good bad and funny bits.

If i can employ the help of you wonderful folks watch the first APR mission stuff again and give me some time frames on each video of what you think should be possible highlights. I've been really busy lately which is rather annoying and can't get much done.

Art Blade

It will be a pleasure, Mechsican, I'll have a look at the vids again. And don't worry here we don't put you under pressure. Just get it done quick and perfect.

LOL, no  ;D Take your time, and enjoy what you're doing, like that we'll all have a good time :) Keep up your great w@&k  :-X

Just thought how much time you're investing already, amazing :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Echoing Art's comments, don't turn the project into "w@&k", Mech.   ;) While we love watching the content you have created, there are no expectations, just pleasant anticipation of an entertaining video to enjoy with a cup of coffee (or brew in the case of Ricamundo) when we see that you've posted something new.  The same goes for all the regular posters; it is great to read the material content or just plain opinions of others.  :-X

Mechsican

to go know I can take my time with this. sadly though i want to play it but I can't unless until I get mission #1 done so i can have space on my laptop for the mission two footage. if i had a terabyte external hard drive I'd be set but as of now I don't.

I think I will play some buddy missions on broadcast soon so if you see this post soon, 11am EST currently, I should be playing by at least 11:30.

www.justin.tv/mechsican

Art Blade

suggestions for highlights, vid#9

0.49-0.57 "mind-blowing camera"
5.30-6.10 "how sweet... there goes his chest"
6.20-6.30 "not even looking at me!"
(actually could just go through from 5.30 to 6.30 haha)
8.09-8.30 "automatic Deagle 18 rounds"

by the way, you can also save time with your rescue-buddy: once you see him in your safehouse again, use the hand symbol once and leave. check your notebook, it should read he's rescue-ready again.

Oh, and that wounded merc you shot three times... I didn't see he was moving. Was he really movin? Funny anway when you couldn't believe it :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Mechsican

finally time for an update for you folks since I've been uber busy. w@&k for the summer is over so i can finally have time to think... even though my college classes start this next monday. :(

on the good side of things i got this weekend to get something done and I also picked up a terabyte external hard drive for footage storage so that will make things much easier on me. I should also be able to record and produce the highest quality picture i can get with the ever so wonderful RWY connnections.

hopefully the next part will roll out tonight so be on the lookout.

PZ

Art Blade

KingRat

deadman1

Mechsican

Art Blade

"+1, +2" :)) :)) :))

Mechsican, do you mean I should stop checking for your new vid every 5 minutes?  ;D

Mechsican

Art Blade

Hey Mechsican, don't force yourself to it if you have no time or if you are not really enjoying doing it... at OWG we do what we want for fun, not because someone is expecting us to do something. Take your break, chillax, and real life should be considered important, whereas gaming is not. Hearing you yawning and regarding some of your comments I'd say "slow down a bit" for your own good, man... When your energy bar is restored and college allows it, have some fun with your games. If you find time to record some of that gaming, post it. FC2 isn't exactly something you go through start-finish in half an hour, and doing it three ways takes a LOT of time. All the editing and dubbing on top... man, that's a hell of a lot of w@&k. Maybe you can skip the idea of a complete walk-through with different approaches. Maybe only do some "best of" or only missions you think are special, just to reduce the amount of w@&k, so you can chillax a little. Don't get me wrong, this is not to discourage you, but because you worry me a little  ;) Here at OWG we are all taking it easy and come here to share fun and passion, and I'd like you to join the relaxed and easy-going way of our group. Maybe I got the wrong impression, but then again, I needed to tell you :)

For your stealth approach, here is an idea for the police job: You don't even have to enter the house to kill the chief ;D

[smg id=1260]
[smg id=1261]

PZ

Excellent advice Art, (and good approach on the police chief too!).

... love your videos Mech, but like Art said, life comes first and fun at OWG is just a bit of "icing" on the cake of life.

[I can't believe I just wrote something so corny]

...and had the audacity to post it!  ;D

Mechsican

have no fear I'm well aware that life is more important and far cry is just a game. It's just that I've been stuck at the same community college for 4 yeas now for a 2 year degree to transfer. I've had it up to here, figuratively speaking, and the classes I need are B.S. classes I SHOULD be able to test out of but NOOOOOOOO.

so needless to say doing this is at least something fun and something I can w@&k towards as opposed to taking a class about how microsoft word works and learning how to print a cover page for an essay... Which by the way I ALREADY KNOW HOW TO DO !

:(

JRD

Quote from: Mechsican on August 24, 2009, 04:46:56 AM
... taking a class about how microsoft word works and learning how to print a cover page for an essay... Which by the way I ALREADY KNOW HOW TO DO !

:(

Geez... create a FC2 MP map and present it as your final project...   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pat!ent would be a PhD... let alone gvse's ArmA 2 missions  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Never really thought about it, but we have quite a bit of talent at OWG  :-X

Mechsican

guess who is back from the dead and had time to do some talky bits...  ;D

[smg id=1453 type=av]

enjoy.

Art Blade

hey Mech :) I thought you went missing, glad you're back  :-X Enjoyable vid, again :)

PZ

Good one Mech!

Glad to see you're still recording - very entertaining, and brings back good memories of being in the FC2 world.

Mechsican

Art Blade

Nice movie :) Funny how you surprise yourself sometimes, "what am I doing there? I hope I'm not going to... oh no, yes, I am" or something to that effect, lol

A few tips:

If your gun ran dry, pick up ammo and automatically reload (you did) but... then pick up ammo again just after reloading your gun. You are right about your ammo stock can only hold a certain amount, but if you take from that, there's room for a refill (dart gun at the end of your last movie) :)

Try this with IEDs: If I remember correctly, you can pick them up once you ran out of them. say, drop all of them, then pick them up again. best if you dropped one by accident, previous vid with your car, stack up all IEDs and grab them. You can stick them to one another :)

If you drop an IED into the water, the remote will still set it off.

Oh, the brief flash of light when you got out that very dark hut, that's an effect of HDR. The machine tries to brighten up very dark surroundings (black inside of the hut, especially when close to a wall = completely black) so if you peek outside, the graphics "overshoot" and return to normal quickly. That happens on PC too.

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on September 22, 2009, 01:13:29 PM
Try this with IEDs: If I remember correctly, you can pick them up once you ran out of them. say, drop all of them, then pick them up again. best if you dropped one by accident, previous vid with your car, stack up all IEDs and grab them. You can stick them to one another
I've found that if I drop say, four IEDs singly, I can only pick three back up, and the last one will stay where it is, ie. I don't get a hand icon for it. If I drop three, I can only pick two back up. It seems that whatever the limit is on how many I can carry, and I drop them all, I can only pick back up limit-1.
I didn't know you could stick them together, that's interesting.

Tags:
🡱 🡳