PS3 Endurance run

Started by spaceboy, July 24, 2009, 06:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

A guy on the Codemasters forum is setting up an Endurance Run online next weekend.  I'm joining and I thought I'd post it here for anyone interested - should take at least 2 hours with stops for breaks and to refresh drinks!

Here is the link:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367921

And the original post:

Any PS3 owners interested in doing a run from Tsunami Reef Camp (map: Northwest) to Red Rock Bluff Camp ( map: Southeast). Put in your PSN ID below (if you don't mind sharing your ID). If enough riders are interested we will w@&k out the details later. If you haven't done this before and you like endurance type riding and ever changing terrain, and not knowing what's around the next corner you will like this.
Don't forget to bookmark this page to check status later.

LET'S BURN UP THE TRAIL!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

Maybe next time, with PC users, spaceboy  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

Guys ! am telling you its those bloody technocrats again wanting to keep us seperated over some made up whim  ???

just dont let THEM know that YOU know..... ???

god luck with that Spaceboy, sounds cool
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

Actually, leaving the platform issue uncommented, I think it is great that the devs/publisher invite their players to an event like that. Have fun Spaceboy, and may the OWG force be with you  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

oh totally, me too,  was being bit silly again
i really like the Pacifist nature of Fuel
  makes a refreshing change that gaming industry needs from time to time.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

spaceboy

Quote from: Art Blade on July 24, 2009, 07:49:23 PM
Actually, leaving the platform issue uncommented, I think it is great that the devs/publisher invite their players to an event like that. Have fun Spaceboy, and may the OWG force be with you  ;D

meant to clarify...this isn't hosted by the devs.  Just some gamer on their forums putting together an "event" and inviting others to join. 

We've got about 6 confirmed so far and it's set for 9pm Central Time Zone Friday July 31. 

Art Blade

thanks for the clarification, I misread it the first time :(
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

Epic, epic run.  It took just under 3 hours.  We started with 4 guys (only two of us had mics though).  We lost one along the way (couldn't stay the whole time).  No real bumps except one guy had a couple lost connections but the first time we were near a helipad so he got right back to us.  Later, we were just on the Western edge of Dustbowl City with no helipads around.  So we messaged to meet up at the DBC camp but then I turn around and I'd lost the other guy!  So I message'd him the same and took off.  Sure enough we were all able to meet up and take the ride on into Red Rocks.

What a great time.  I highly recommend to anyone who'd enjoy an afternoon cruising in your favorite vehicle cross country with no speed limits, no chance of getting hurt, AND you can drink while you drive!  I mostly rode the Shuriken bike but switched to the Knightmare for climbing or other cars for a little change of pace.  This ride just called out motorbike to me.

Art Blade

cool :) I sure would have participated if I had been on a console. That Shuriken is a nice bike, great springs (screen doesn't wobble too much with it). So you were allowed to change your rides during that trip? Nice...
Did you ever ride that Valkyrie bike? Most powerful off roads.

PZ

I would have liked to join you as well, but my wife had one of those [ahem] days that ladies of her age have periodically - was her first actually.  :(

JRD

Quote from: PZ on August 01, 2009, 05:06:40 PM
I would have liked to join you as well, but my wife had one of those [ahem] days that ladies of her age have periodically - was her first actually.  :(

My friend... I know what you mean...
Sometimes, the simple fact that my other half IS NOT having one of those days is something to celebrate...
... and if it was a first time... than its either a bless or a mess for you  :D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I'm afraid that it is a foreboding of more to come, but we'll survive it.  I feel sorry for her father though - she's scheduled to go visit him next week for the entire week, leaving poor me at home alone - darn it, I have to go to w@&k.

Art Blade

shame, isn't it. But w@&k does bring the food. Can't afford, so many people involved, to just leave it... darn deadlines.

;)

spaceboy

If "those days" are worse than "those days" at a younger age, I may be in trouble in about 10 yrs.  :'(

As for the Valkyrie, I rode it in some online races and it's great but I don't have it unlocked yet for freeroam.  And yep, you can change your ride at will throughout which made it nice for variety or specific terrain.  But managing through trees is much easier on the Shuriken.  I also used the Mechahead bike for speed on some flatter terrains like in Dustbowl City.

Art Blade

the Mechhead is great, it was one of the first "better" bikes I could afford. I hesitated a lot before actually purchasing it because I wanted to win as many races as possible without actually upgrading (buying better bikes). One race in particular was about impossible to win against those SP bike mercs (can't get rid of that term, hehe) and what a relief when I had finally decided to get that Mechhead bike. Now I mostly use the Valkyrie. Very fast both cross country and roads (like 100mph if I remember correctly).

Tags:
🡱 🡳