UFFL Assassinate Bomb maker and side cell tower plan

Started by retiredgord, July 24, 2009, 07:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Well rested after some ho-hum mission and the adrenalin having fallen I decide to see what one of the factions would want me to do. When I got to town I decided to check the UFFL. They want me to go and assassinate the bomb maker guy at Polytech. I agree and start for the door. The phone rings and IT'S NOT A TELEMARKETER, but someone as annoying..X. He wants me to meet him at the safe house near Polytech for another deal.
    I start the drive to the safe house and just get through the roadblock outside of  town by speeding and a quick ambush.. When I arrive and enter X asks me to go to Sepoko and get a list of the cell tower locations and then he can divert a booty plane to the location he wants.  This guy is TOO much, always asking something he can't do himself. What a weasel.  I agree because he does stuff for me, an occasional saving.  Yeah, isn't friendship grand?
I rest and then grab the A/t for the trip to Sepoko. I found Marty ready to assist me if needed and I go with a feeling of high. Just outside of the safe house I need to bypass the roadblock with the railcar and then further across the bridge with the g/p on the other side. Well the roadblock is relatively easy with a .50 cal persuader on hand.  The boys are convinced to be dead and that holdup is completed. I start out towards the bridge obstacle and find I'm caught in a crossfire from a lone guy behind and the guards ahead.  I take enough rounds for Marty to show up and rescue me. With the guards all in the bone orchard I can proceed to the safe house located  south-west of Sepoko for a brief rest.
     After my rest til dusk I go by foot to avoid any road patrols about. I enter from the south gap and hug the rockface .  All the time I'm careful to try and get a shot at the sniper in the west tower.  Near the sign I get my chance and with two shots I get the guy.  It's a shame that that alerts some of the guards as I have to move and get two coming to my position to investigate. After they are down I sneak to the fence and enter thru the hole to get behind the other mercs. A slow and steady move gets me to near the barrier entrance before I'm spotted by the other tower guard.  An exchange of bullets leave me  using a syrette and two more mercs coming to the aid of the sniper  encourages me to finish off the gunplay.  That leaves the tower guy and some rounds from Peter find their mark and he's eliminated.  Over the barrier and a quick move to the right gets me to cover just in time to see and dart a merc facing away. I climb the tower to recon the area.
    I don't see any movement or hear anybody nearby so I go down and into the target building to pick up the list X wants. I hope this makes him happy and puts a smile on his face.  One that I can remove hopefully. This part of the mission is complete and the phone rings and X says I can go do my Polytech mission now.  Man, what a guy, so thoughtful. Cabbage head. Ok out the front and I can see an A/t that I can use. How nice, a .50 cal and I can practice on the stationary grenade launcher at the other end.  With a few 'apples dropped in his lap he takes a long break. His buddies start coming over to pick up their fruit basket and they get some too. Ok time to leave.
     With the wind in my face and  large sigh I start out to go back to the safe house by the cell tower south of here where I'll rest a bit. With  a minor slowdown for a chat with a patrol the safe house is reached and I enter for the rest.  When I come out at dark, I ammo up and prepare for the sneaky part of my job. Marty is waiting to help if I need him. Swell. The drive takes a short time with another quick stop at the bridge.  Man those guys just keep poppin up. I get by them and pass by Polytech and stop at the safe house across the river. One more quick rest and it's in the river for my swim to the south beach. I creep over about halfway to the target to watch the merc routines. I pop one with the dart and then his buddy close by him. Of course their grunts and arguhhh's alert others and I scoot over to the far side to get a new position.  When two more bite the bullets, or darts, I watch and shoot some guards within the compound center. A move to the building is in order so I sneak up and into the building next to the target and wait a few minutes. Bomb buddy is asking what the guards are doing?  I wanna reply "Dying" but I refrain. I gotta job to do.   Stealthily I enter the building and meet Mr Boom. I chat and convince him to send the co-ordinates X wants him to send. He does so and I cut him some slack, with the machete. Boom man go boom no mo.  I don't need no noise now. But then the phone rings and it's the X pain telling me he needs my help. Go figure. I gotta go but I need to enter from the west path off the roadblock road.
    Off across the river to the safe house, a quick rest, I am an a$$hole after all, ammo and health up and then grab that nice .50 cal waiting outside. I drive towards the roadblock guys and strafe the whole area until they are laying down. A short way down I meet the guy patrolling in the Jeep and he stops and dies. On up the path I drive until near the end where I stop to go on foot. As I approach I hear gunfire and crouch and move out to the right on top of the rocks. Mission over I hear as the gunfire stops.  I use Duke to check out the area to see if X caught his last one.  He hasn't and he's there cleaning his weapon. He doesn't see me so I SHOOT HIM IN HIS BIG MOUTH. with a dart in his head. He's very still so I go over and see the smile gone. I put a few more rounds in his head and suddenly he's a very good looking corpse.  X marks the spot of my revenge.  LOL
     I guess I am an a$$hole, but at least I'M alive..
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

hehe, nice, and I guess you did the right thing  ;)  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Mechsican

nicely done and great story. this was my first thread i have read on this sub forum and i know there will be more gems like this to find.

retiredgord

Welcome to the forums Mechsican and thanks for the  compliment.  I've been encouraged by some of the others to post my missions. I appreciate the compliments as well as any constructive criticism. These are are great bunch of people and you can sure it won't take long to feel right at home..away from home.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳