Wet Desert

Started by RedRaven, July 23, 2009, 11:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

maybe its just my system being in-sync with the so-called-summer weather here in the UK, or maybe some of you guys have had it in your games but i swear in the past 2 weeks that i've been playing the frequency of rain has increased, not only is it defo raining more in any of my saves, but its often heavier to the point of reducing visibility to just over length of a bus, but on a at least 5 occasions when i've sneaked and crept to a nice sniper point to clear an outpost or convoy it has rained for at least 15-20 mins REALTIME.
  All these guns and not a single Umbrella to be found!
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Let's see... you recently upgraded you GPU, which increased your processing capability and now you get more rain in FC2, which, in turn, demands more processing capability from a GPU...
... i see a connection here  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Hacko

Maybe the monsoon season has hit the FarCry world. ;D

RedRaven

but is my PC making it rain here or is the rain here influencing my PC ?

;D not really, but maybe a technocrat didnt like my Rant.....

must say tho it does look really good, not always same rain either just as it can be different in reality, just not funny any more sitting for nearly half hour waiting for it to stop.. still guess it makes it more true to life, usually does it when in sniper mode too, and not just in one game, 3 diff characters so far.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

I can't remember exactly now, but you must have a "weather" options in the display menu if I'm not wrong.
When you fire FC2 for the first time it sets the most appropriate config to your system... now, with an upgraded card, your option must have been set to ultra-high-super-realistic-as-in-Africa config.
You never touched it but realized during gameplay  8)

Thats cool...

I once got all the way up Dogon Village, cleared the whole area to take a nice snapshot from up there and as soon as I was preparing to take my screenshots... raining buckets  :(
... I also like the way trees and bushes bends at the stormy wind... really cool  8)

RedRaven

yeah, the wind is great too, that is until throwing molotovs, then i suddenly seem to become a fire-magnet ;D
really really like the water surfaces on rivers/lakes at max settings - its so photographic could almost go swimming.
have found when all is at max the shadows can sometimes be bit much tho so started to turn them down a stage or two even then its still visually stunning

Art Blade

It should be a random thing. I didn't change my specs ever since I first fired up FC2. I noticed short and long, light and heavy rain.

If you don't like rain, use the cheats... freeze the time when the weather is nice (that's what I do)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: dke58 on July 23, 2009, 11:34:12 AM
have found when all is at max the shadows can sometimes be bit much tho so started to turn them down a stage or two even then its still visually stunning

Thats true... real life shadows aren't that sharp, but more fuzzy.

I must admit I once found myself in the middle of the street, on my way to w@&k, thinking about shadows in real life... "they are not that cool... FC2 looks better"  :P
I was standing under a tree, looking at the ground, holding my chin and mumbling... must've looked like a real nut  :-[

PZ

lol, that's funny, JRD - definitely one of those "I've been playing FC2 too long" moments.  I read somewhere that how you're playing in the game impacts the rain - have not been able to establish a direct correlation though.

What I do notice is that just about every time I want to start fires, it starts raining  >:(

[Just kidding about every time, but it sure seems like it]

RedRaven

Lol... have found that seems to start raining when i NEED to start a fire to flush some cowardly mercs out into the open for some impromptue trepanning  :D

really tho reckon we get that absorbed in what we doing that little inconveniences like badly timed rain etc tend to stick out, still gives us all more than enough to laugh at.

just finished waiting 18 minutes Real time for rain to end so can get some meds, that is of course after removed the goons trying to blockade the underground house (and its worse one up near Goka Falls-never straight forward up there!)

Tags:
🡱 🡳