Buddy quest: Marty Alencar - Fuel Depot - all ambhibious

Started by PZ, July 23, 2009, 08:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Marty (who is my best buddy at 4% into the game) gave me a mission to destroy the fuel depot at Schwasana.  Just for kicks, I wondered if an all amphibious assault would w@&k.

• Time of day: just before dawn
  • Weapons: MP5, 6P9, dart
  • Travel plan: rivers only
Left Mike's in the swamp boat and headed up river toward the village - the good part is that there are no GPs to bother me along most of the way.  Just south of the village there is sharp left you need make, where a GP is strategically located, but they were too sleepy to give me much notice (they didn't even give chase).

I inched the boat past the bridge so I can scope the sniper on the second floor of the large building - a single blast of compressed CO2 was all that was needed - still no alarm.

Started the boat and piloted toward the island where the two fuel piles were to be destroyed only to be seen by the merc guarding it - a single 9mm to the head, but not before he alerted the patrolling boat men who immediately assaulted me - nearly ran over my boat in their excitement.  Two more whispers from the 9mm and they were dead.  A second merc near the first fuel pile started shooting at me, but in his stupidity neglected to realize that an explosive barrel was between him and I - a loud explosion rocked the island, which destroyed one of the fuel piles (thanks, I thought, saved me a grenade).  A quick grenade to finish the second fuel pile and the mission was accomplished.

Headed back to Mike's the way I came to debrief - three silent rounds was all it took to finish this one, and I never even left the boat. 

Water routes - the undiscovered gems of FC2 travel.

JRD

Great story PZ... didn't even leave the boat... excellent one  :-X

I once did that same mission like this;
Took the boat at Mike's and went all the way upriver till almost that GP south of Scwasana. Beached the boat and walked my way till right past the bidge unnoticed.
There is a rock there you can use as cover from mercs at the village. Shot the sniper and then the fuel at the depot... didn't even get there (I know, lazy ba$t@rd  ;) )
Did the same route backwards and met my buddy at Mike's...
Travel by river is quite good in Leboa... just a few GPs and some of them don't even bother giving chase  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

That's a good one - never thought of using a sniper to torch the fuel - SVD?

JRD

yes, SVD.
Dart can't blow up barrels and AS50 is not available yet, unless you take the one at the safehouse  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

retiredgord

Good Mission JRD. I'll try to remember that when on third play.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳