UFFL Mission to destroy kiln in Dogon Village

Started by retiredgord, July 21, 2009, 05:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Geez that X is nervy.  After debreifing with Nasreen on her mission I accidently bump into the jerk and he calls me "a$$hole".  I overlooked it and went to town to do a job for the UFFL. They have a kiln for processing stuff that they want destroyed. I hate that little vermin infested village ( the roaches too) so much I gladly accepted.
  Now for the nervy part.  X wants me to meet him at the Safehouse on Dogon River just Southwest of Dogon. This time I take a boat for a nice fast and easy ride up. That waste of air wants me to bump off this guy at Outpost and get map of some secret place. He must have a short memory and it'll be shorter with part of his head gone..one day.
   Anyway I rest for a bit and decide to walk to Outpost to avoid any road patrols. Just out the door and a damn Malaria attack hits. Better now than in the middle of something hairy. My walk gets me to the rocks southwest of Outpost where I have a good chance of using  the Dart or Duke to their full potential.
  Duke goes to w@&k and I take out two mercs starting a patrol before my position is spotted. It's time to head for a different postion and I head north and west to the hill overlooking the post.  There I'm spotted, unfortunately by some dude over to the left of me who I have to greet with McMac. When he's talking to the dirt I look see and give a dart to some merc near the front of the post. No one seems to be moving, but I says to myself "Self, this is not finished yet, target and others are still around".
  Crossing over the road to the west I'm just about to enter the compound when I hear a voice, "Woman why are you sneaking around out there"?  Ahhh, he's waiting for his cuddle-bunny.  Wait till he sees me.  Oh that's gonna take the mood away quick.  But, again, nothing is gonna be easy.   A guard behind the fence further over spots me and starts a shootin. Of course I gotta kill him but his shots brings another problem. An Assault truck comes barelling in towards me trying to run me over. I jump behind the fence and berate them with bullets and a grenade for bad manners.
  Now not wanting to particapte in any more gunplay, I hop the wall and go to the entrance of the  hut. Into the hut I go and give the target a large number of lead kisses to the head.  This part is done. Time to head to the kiln. Stay with me, it's almost done.
     I grab an Assault truck and drive towards the village going north of the divided road and plan to enter thru the south east. I give a  shooting lesson to the guards at that little post with the .30 cal. I hop out and start up to the right path.  Mortar monkey spots me and starts lobbing rounds down my way.  A merc coming to get me catches one so I have a good run.  Mortar man loses sight but two mercs on the path wanna catch my grenade I throw..and they do.  Time to boogie up to my special killing corridor spot at the top of the path near the way to the glider. I get there and climb on a rock and start picking off mercs. One, two, three lil mercs, grenade, four, shoot the mortar guy,5 lil mercs. . Break time, so I jump down and start to head for the upper path towards the other side where the path to the kiln is located.
   I run up the path and get Duke to start the BBQ by blowing up the tanks to the front.  WOW..what a nice explosion!!
   X phones..he NEEDS MY HELP.  Go figure.  What a weasel. But he does help me sometimes.  The quickest way to him, he's on the north road out of the village is using Glide Air..that lil unsung hero.  The trip takes a few minutes and when I land there is no vehicle so I hafta start hot-footing it towards his position.  I get there in time to send a few rounds at a merc, throw a grenade and then it's all over.  The lil piece of excrement is still alive..for a while.
I go up to him and he's cleaning his piece and says I can go.  How nice.  I head back to the safehouse for a rest..and to chill the rage fever I'm getting.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

Always brings a smile to me, Gord.  I did a couple of Dogon Village missions not long ago, and I can almost see in my mind what you're describing.  At first, I hated the Dogon Village, but now I kind of like the stealthy approach.  The ultimate is when I can get in there with the use of only a single dart - to our friendly mortar merc on the flat roof.  I always park my vehicle on the dirt road that ends by the river that exits the Village area.  A new method for me is to drive through the shallow water toward the safe house that is northeast of the glider area.  The water is shallow enough so that most vehicles can make it - I've used the assault truck, Unimog, and ATV.  It is a different way to exit the Dogon Village without having to go through guard posts.  Fun read!  :-X

retiredgord

Thanks PZ for the advice on using the vehicles. I had not thought of trying that method.  Thanks for the compliment. It's enjoyable for me to try to keep these stories fun an at the same time involved so that other members can enjoy the reading.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

JRD

Great read retiredgord... I can see what you are cooking for X next time you two meet for business  ;)

I'm looking forward to read about it  ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

again I had to hold my breath reading your adventure, great  :-X

Had to grin about "I says to myself 'Self, this is not finished yet'" lol  :-X

What made me chuckle in particular was "Just out the door and a damn Malaria attack hits."

Made me think of the time pre-OWG when I was playing FC2 on my own, and how much I hated that bloody malaria. Now, sharing with all of you, it has turned into something funny when you read about others who have to live with it too and who curse it the same way you do. And it's fun to post about it because you know others will have a laugh for the same reasons. Misery loves company - in a different interpretation: we gather to read and laugh about other member's miseries and know we have company who will laugh when we post about our own. Of course it is also very interesting to read about accomplishments and new ways and such, and how someone does things in detail.

I like your stories because it feels like reading about own experiences, and it is nice of you to share :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Well said Art, you've paraphrased what probably most of OWG members feel about our in-game tales.  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳