So I heard a rumor...

Started by SoulFallen, July 21, 2009, 08:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoulFallen

And I don't quite know if it's credible or not.  My friend is a die-hard Farcry 2 fan, he plays on Xbox live.  I was bitching to him about the whole server issue thing and he said that Ubi was actually in the works of creating a cross-platform multiplayer server system where PC can play Xbox and whatnot. 

Has anyone else heard this?

I haven't done any research to prove this but I figured I'd discuss it because it sounds like a cool idea, but one that might not w@&k so well.

I don't see how it would be fair to have tons of PC people using keyboard and mouse against someone using a controller...Also what about us having to use punkbuster and 360 people don't? (At least I think they dont).  And finally what about all of the mad haxx0rs that you see running around on PC?? 

DKM2

I haven't heard a thing about that, I do see a few PS3 player complaining about servers thou.

Agreed though, doesn't sound like a good idea, might explain a few things if they are trying to do that.

Hackers, I've rarely seen any. Only one I can confirm, jumped over 3 buildings right in front of me.
It wasn't my server though, but at least I know what to look for now,
and with that info, I'd say I haven't seen any on mine when I'm there.

Maybe I'll poke around a bit on the Multi-platform thing...
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Pac!ent

No, I dont believe to such kind of rumor, and that would not be good idea as well. So I really wish to MP stay splited by platforms.
Only one thing would be nice - if maps could be useable for all platforms, but since they are not, then its clear that it couldnt works ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳