Apokalypsos - A post-apocalyptic vehicular MMO/FPS

Started by SoulFallen, July 19, 2009, 07:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoulFallen

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Ever played Auto Assault and miss it dearly?  Some die-hard fans of the vehicular MMO, Auto Assault gathered after its demise to put together a game that carries on the spirit.  Dubbed Apokalypsos, this game will take you into a decaying world of corrupted government and battling factions, in an overall drive to survive.  It will be a Vehicular MMO RPG and FPS.  The world map is going to be huge, spanning southern Canada throughout the United States, down to northern Mexico.   You may ask, "what is a vehicular MMO?".  Well it is pretty simple, a massive multiplayer game where you drive around bad-a$$ killing machines aka souped-up cars with sick weapons mounted to them.

For more info on the game, visit the FAQ page: http://www.apokalypsos.com/faq/2007/faq.html

Lethal Concept is looking for contributers to be a part of the Apokalypsos Development Team!

Take from this an opportunity to further present yourself as a professional with the perk of adding all of this hard w@&k to your portfolio!

They are looking for people who want to contribute for the love of gaming, love of art, and that want to pursue their passion in a new and different way.  This game is going to be huge, and nothing you contribute can be too little. 

If you can photoshop an epic scene depicting different periods of time, that dynamically display an unfolding story,
you are needed.
What I mean by this is that even if you are just starting out with 3D rendering, and you can make realistic looking roadsigns and soda cans, bullet shell casings,
you are needed.
If you like to make textures and would love to see some applied to 3D models,
you are needed.
If you are a hand artist, and you have ideas for concept characters or vehicles,
you are needed.

I was just beginning to break the tip of the iceburg, by pointing out a few of the art-involved sides of the development.  There are also many positions available for programming and network development.

For more info visit the contributers information page: http://www.apokalypsos.com/community/

Even if you don't want to contribute, you can still feel free to check out the site and join the forums to keep yourself up to date with the latest unfoldings in the world of Apokalypsos.

www.APOKALYPSOS.com

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PS - If you decide to join the forums, please use ZonariAn as your referral!

JRD

Quote from: SoulFallen on July 19, 2009, 07:07:58 PM
The world map is going to be huge, spanning southern Canada throughout the United States, down to northern Mexico.   
... a massive multiplayer game where you drive around bad-a$$ killing machines aka souped-up cars with sick weapons mounted to them.

HELL YEAH!!

I'm sure you just gave a few of OWG members some definition of fun  ;)

You've been out for a while SoulFallen, but thats a great come back  :-X :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

:-X ;D            WOW              ;D :-X

[/]
Just read thru that and as the man JRD said "[/]HELL YEAH!!

pretty sure at least some of you lot will of seen a film called 'Deathrace' or for those State-side
'Deathrace 3000' came out last year, got Jason Statham in it, and Joan Allen.

Well years back, 21 of them even, back in my teens! ( that does make me feel old) Games Workshop had a table-top game out called Dark Future- post apocolypse USA, Gangs, Bikers and Bounty Hunters chasing each other in souped up cars with a variety of lead-spitting weapons mounted on them. they stopped making it ages back (curse them!) but ever since
have thought it would make a great PC/Console game. got a bit giddy about fuel till cos of similar settings but its more the "Pacifist" version.

anyhow - even of a random ramble- just got up and had to make sure was not Dreaming about soulfallens post!

she should be sainted for letting us know about that -made very exited, i'm sat grinning like a loon now
;D
Cheers
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Is it MP only?  Sounds like something spaceboy would really like, and if there was an SP component, myself as well!  :-X

spaceboy

heck yeah that sounds cool.  I'll have to check out the website when I get a chance.  Thanks for the info Soulfallen.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

SoulFallen

Not a problem guys, I figured this would be right up your alley.

If you guys have any sort of skills that can go into the development of this game, please, help!  I want to see this happen!

JRD

Quote from: SoulFallen on July 20, 2009, 11:11:25 AM
If you guys have any sort of skills that can go into the development of this game, please, help!  I want to see this happen!

Can you explain a little further what is your role in it?
Are you just recruiting or will you be there too?

I mean, if someone with interest and skills can get in touch with someone deeply involved in such a project, things can get started real fast.

Are you part of a dev team? Have you any of those skills needed in the first post and will be working along with the rest of the people involved?

I'm just curious though...
I was reading through the FAQs and thats truly impressive (which made me even more curious about your role in it  8) )

My skills go as far as messing around with Digital Elevation Models using real world data... not sure if its helpful or if I could be of any help since I'm some 5,000 miles away from US   ::)

Cheers and good luck... don't forget to keep us updated  :-X

Art Blade

I just had an apocalyptic moment when I tried to decipher dke58's post (I'm growing eye-cancer with all that black on dark grey text) LOL

Sounds heavy, that game. Would be interesting to know how all the w@&k someone not sitting in the dev's office is sending in will be handled... copyright, payment, w@&k contract etc... Not sure, but if it is going to be a game, there will be a commercial interest behind it though.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I was going through some of the FAQs and read something that made me believe SoulFallen is not asking for an ordinary job application.
It seems more like a project where some of the artists do it for the pleasure and knowledge to be gained rather than cash.
It says full credits upon successful completion will be granted for members of the dev team yadda yadda yadda...
A honest line IMO... if you like gaming and want to learn a bit... go for it... imagine some of your w@&k being out there being played by guys like me and you?
If you want a profitable position in the gaming industry... nope, wrong call  ;)
If a, lets say, small studio, wants to put together a fine game to be out there being played... well, they have to fight against giants like Ubisoft, Rockstar etc... and at least they are honest on saying they will not pay you, unless you are working 24/7 on the project (thats what I got so far from my readings, correct me if I'm wrong  ::) )

But you got a point there... there are business affairs that should be met in order to place a product on the market, provided it's in beta stage, at least.

So I'm not sure how someone recruited at OWG could effectively participate...
I would like to contribute, only for fun but also with no deep compromise as I'm already involved in some long-term, time consuming projects...  ;) (guess they need more than just that  :( )

RedRaven

errrm... not sure what happened there Art, sorry. :(
didnt set text to be grey
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Quote from: dke58 on July 22, 2009, 03:02:34 AM
errrm... not sure what happened there Art, sorry. :(
didnt set text to be grey

lol, we could use that technique to post spoiler threads - highlight the dark text to read it.

Art Blade

Quote from: dke58 on July 22, 2009, 03:02:34 AMerrrm... not sure what happened there Art, sorry. :( didnt set text to be grey

I just checked your text by quoting it... and cursed!  ;D

I think we better leave it as is and we shall highlight it just as PZ mentioned  ;D ;D ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

SoulFallen

Quote from: JRD on July 20, 2009, 11:45:09 AM
Quote from: SoulFallen on July 20, 2009, 11:11:25 AM

Can you explain a little further what is your role in it?
Are you just recruiting or will you be there too?

I mean, if someone with interest and skills can get in touch with someone deeply involved in such a project, things can get started real fast.

Are you part of a dev team? Have you any of those skills needed in the first post and will be working along with the rest of the people involved?

I'm just curious though...
I was reading through the FAQs and thats truly impressive (which made me even more curious about your role in it  8) )

My skills go as far as messing around with Digital Elevation Models using real world data... not sure if its helpful or if I could be of any help since I'm some 5,000 miles away from US   ::)

Cheers and good luck... don't forget to keep us updated  :-X

I'm a 2D concept artist doing media for public release (wallpapers and posters) and possibly trying my hand at some texturing.  I'm also developing story panels for the 3D artists to base their stuff off of.  And you probably could help out if you study the topography of the US...

SoulFallen

Quote from: JRD on July 21, 2009, 04:15:24 PM
I was going through some of the FAQs and read something that made me believe SoulFallen is not asking for an ordinary job application.
It seems more like a project where some of the artists do it for the pleasure and knowledge to be gained rather than cash.
It says full credits upon successful completion will be granted for members of the dev team yadda yadda yadda...
A honest line IMO... if you like gaming and want to learn a bit... go for it... imagine some of your w@&k being out there being played by guys like me and you?
If you want a profitable position in the gaming industry... nope, wrong call  ;)
If a, lets say, small studio, wants to put together a fine game to be out there being played... well, they have to fight against giants like Ubisoft, Rockstar etc... and at least they are honest on saying they will not pay you, unless you are working 24/7 on the project (thats what I got so far from my readings, correct me if I'm wrong  ::) )

But you got a point there... there are business affairs that should be met in order to place a product on the market, provided it's in beta stage, at least.

So I'm not sure how someone recruited at OWG could effectively participate...
I would like to contribute, only for fun but also with no deep compromise as I'm already involved in some long-term, time consuming projects...  ;) (guess they need more than just that  :( )

It is indeed a project for the ones with a true passion for creating anything involved in this game.  It's a chance to hone skills and will look VERY VERY good on a professional portfolio.  99% of the people on this dev team are those that are die-hard fans of post-apocalyptic games, including the one that was cancelled years ago, Auto Assault.  And anyone could participate.  If any of you have experience in 3D modeling, texturing, animation, programming, whatever;  even if you think you're not that good, it's still an opportunity to help you grow.  I chose OWG because of the fact that it's going to be an extremely open world game...and I figured you guys would love it.

DKM2

Sounds interesting, I'll bookmark it, maybe I'll get bored this winter.
Right now I'm being worked right into tthe ground, and badly need a vacation.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

RedRaven

going to contact them over the weekend in regards graphic design side of it all as love doing that kind of thing (hence the 'Its a Mercs Life' comic) so will report back, like JRD says couple posts back its not looking to hire in the conventional sense, but personally more than happy to create some imagery for them and release ownership/copyright issues to them A) to aid in its completion as it sounds like an Awesome idea, and B) be nice to see bits going all over the globe that were my creation, being able to look at it and think "i did that" . gives a good sense of personal achievement which can be reward in and of itself.

JRD

Quote from: dke58 on July 23, 2009, 12:08:53 PM
A) to aid in its completion as it sounds like an Awesome idea, and B) be nice to see bits going all over the globe that were my creation, being able to look at it and think "i did that" . gives a good sense of personal achievement which can be reward in and of itself.

That's how I feel about that too.
And the chance to meet people from around the world and exchange ideas...  :-X ... the OWG spirit  ;D ;D ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳