In-game scenery

Started by PZ, July 17, 2009, 10:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Some of the interesting scenery in the game:

Heading into the Navajo sacred burial ground.  I need to cross the bridge, but the path is heavily guarded by Indians
[smg id=1048]
Some nice mountain scenery.  There are hundreds of examples of unique landscapes in the game.
[smg id=1049]
Reminds me of Easter Island in a way...
[smg id=1050]
An example of the things you can use to cross...
[smg id=1051]
Deep within the Navajo sacred grounds
[smg id=1052]
A totem
[smg id=1053]
An example of the sun in the game
[smg id=1054]

JRD

Beautyful landscapes and great attention to details.  :-X

Think about how many people are involved since doing initial research and then creating objects and textures for all those amazing games we play.
There must be one or two guys doing only totems and another one or two just to draw leaves etc...  :o

Think I saw a picture of the team that developed FC2... some 170 people involved in all kinds of tasks... financial, marketing, artists, animation, rendering, CG...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Yeah, I saw their photo in the Prima guide.  Imagine how much coordinated planning must take place to get the various game elements into production.  No wonder there are a few game glitches that need to be fixed.  Programming on a scale like this is a huge undertaking.

JRD

Indeed... specially if some siut from the marketing department keeps telling you IT MUST BE READY by the end of the month to hit the shelves on summer and increase sales  :-*
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

that's exactly the problem. You have to be really big to be able to say "it's ready when it's ready"
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳