Half way through the game impressions...

Started by PZ, July 17, 2009, 11:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Well, I've made it to probably what amounts to the half point through the game.  I'm approaching the game from a different perspective that I had before.  At first, I was comparing COJ2 to FC2, but that is like comparing apples to oranges - my bad...

As I am playing COJ2 now, I am immersed in the story, and there are what is called "Cut scenes" which are short movie clips that tell more of the story, and as the game is loading, audio descriptions of the story continue.  All of these are important to become immersed into the story line.  In summary, I feel like I am watching an old Howard Hawks western, but with the added benefit of being one of the actors.  With that in mind, the game is quite enjoyable as long as you appreciate watching old westerns.  Below are a couple of example screen captures:

I am currently playing as Thomas, Ray's younger brother.  Ray is in love with a beautiful Mexican girl named Marissa (who has a bad guy as a boyfriend).  At first, it seemed like Thomas was not interested in Marissa, but they had a conversation regarding Ray, who everyone knows is mad about her.
[smg id=1030]

...but then Marissa told Thomas that she was in love with him, which is going to wreak havoc on the love between the brothers.  (Ray is insanely jealous).  I find myself on the edge of my seat waiting for the next part of the story!
[smg id=1028]

JRD

hmmhmmhmm... passion, jealousy between brothers, shootouts, treachery... sounds like a great soap opera western...  ;D ;D

Seriously now... nothing like a good plot and action well balanced right?

Thats what gameing is about... if you are having fun, plunge into it  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Fiach

Glad to hear that. I havent started yet really, just did the civil war bit ....(how can a war be civil? ... but I digress.), I got sidetracked by Star Ocean (a JRPG).

I like games to be similar to books, I would even consider them the next evolutionery stage of books, where you actually become the protagonist, which is more immersive than just reading prose.

Anyway, sounds like I am really going to have fun in CoJ2 :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on July 17, 2009, 11:18:30 AMI find myself on the edge of my seat waiting for the next part of the story!

Really? I hope your wife isn't going to read this ;) Probably a good idea to cover the screen, too, before you get to see the next part...  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I'm going to start a COJ-2 spoiler thread because the story is developing so well.  There are also a few tricky spots that are difficult to navigate.  I'm liking this game more each time I enter...

Tags:
🡱 🡳