Buddy locations

Started by Johndoubt, March 22, 2009, 02:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johndoubt

does anyone know where all the buddy locations are

PZ

Check the overview maps for colored stars - D_B has the locations marked on each of the 9 region maps for both districts.

Johndoubt

Ricamundo

The replayability of this game is incredible. My 3rd trip thru, and im sure some of these buddy mish's are new, as well, on one of my travels on foot, I was walking thru a sort of canyon, and came upon the black female buddy(im terrible at remembering names)who was on the ground next to a crashed plane.

I know i had never seen this in my first 2 playthru's. 8)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

spaceboy

That's the infamous 6th buddy in the North, which I would have never found without the help of the folks here.  I had heard from pzrzao and D_B how to find him/her and after I walked into the valley and saw the smoke rising, I just smiled.  For me it was Jossip who was my first buddy in my first play through, hello old friend.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, found him there thanks to pzrao, for me, it was that Ferenc guy. All depends on what character you're playing.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

spearhead_22

I am glad you guys have found your 6th buddy. I still haven't found him. I am playing as Marty and the 6th buddy should be "Quarbani Singh" for me but I messed up while I was in the North. Didn't let my buddies die and as a result I missed out my 6th buddy. Now if I visit the North, near the plane crash area where the 6th buddy is found, there's no one.

I am thinking of killing one of my buddies in the South and then re-visit the buddy site in the North. Maybe, I'd find him there, but that's unsure. So, I guess, my first try with the game would be incomplete. Ah, well...better luck next time. Maybe, I'll have to fight one less buddy in my final mission!
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

PZ

Thanks for that bit of info - I always wondered if you could return to find the 6th buddy in the north.  Paraphrasing a bit, here is information that someone on another forum posted regarding buddies:

Leboa buddies: Marty**, Warren, Michelle, Josip, Paul, Flora, Quarbani

• First 3 buddies are automatically found after the tutorial mission
  • 4th and 5th will be locked up at Slaughter house, Lumber yard, Fresh fish, or cock fight arena. Exactly where depends on where you started after the tutorial missions
  • 6: Crash site north of Schwasana
Bowa-Seko buddies: Marty**, Xianyong, Andre, Frank, Nasreen, Hakim

• First 3 are automatic as in Leboa after initial missions
  • 4th Brewery
  • 5th Sediko
**Marty can appear in either map depending on who you choose to play as. If you play as Warren, Josip, Paul, or Quarbani, Marty appears in the north.  If you play as Andre, Hakim, Frank, of Xianyong, he appears in the south.

Roaven

North:
Tutorial Mission=First/Second buddy.(Josip and Paul on my current playthough)
Fresh Fish/Lumber Yard/Chicken Fights/Slaughter House-the two you visited in the tutorial(Warren and some chick
Crashed plane ne(ish) of the fishing village.(Hint:Your buddy is not a good pilot)(Flora for me)

rick2468

Hi, this is my first post and want to say that I think this is a very useful forum.  A lot of Far Cry 2 FAQs seem to dodge the whole buddy side-mission issue!  Had to kill my main buddy yesterday to make room for Marty!

Are you able to do 2 side missions per buddy?  There are 40 side missions in total and I assumed that 20 of those are made up from convoy and assassination missions (4xConvoy + 6x asassinations in each of the acts).  Therefore I thought there would be 20 buddy missions.

spaceboy

Hi rick2468, welcome to our forums.  Glad you're finding them useful.  Each buddy can give you two missions at Mike's.  I think you're right it makes 20 because there are 11 buddies to find but your very first buddy (rescue-buddy) and doesn't give you missions I think. 
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

Welcome rick2468, you bring a good point!!
A little math...
(4 x convoy + 6 x assassinations) x 2 (north and south)= 20 missions
[6 x buddy (north) + 5 x buddy (south)] x 2 (missions each) = 22 missions
If spaceboy is correct and your very first best buddy doesn't give you any mission, then we have (20 + 22 - 2)
40 missions........
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

rick2468

Haha.

Thanks for the quick responses.  Take care!

Update:  I have now found all 6 buddies in the North map.  I did get 2 missions from my rescue buddy but I didn't get any from the plane crash survivor (Flora).

I'm enjoying the game so far, it's fun shooting things but story wise I hope it improves.  The story missions do not feel connected and I don't feel like I am progressing.

I do like the sound of entering the Heart of Darkness later on though  :)

JRD

Well, rick2468
The story truly lacks depth. Any FC2 fan here will agree on that.
You can check your notepad to see what happened, but it is still quite shallow indeed. You don't feel connected to characters as you do in GTA for instance!
But this is something you can live with. The world itself is extremely beautyfull and alive. Mercs are very funny to observe and shoot at.
So stick to the game and how you can be part of it. I'm sure you wll find many funny things to share here.
Feel free to post your stories and questions ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Maybe you can enjoy all those little things (especially Datsun drivers, lol) that come alongside the story, which for me was less important, and try to find different approaches for one situation.

The story has weaknesses, but the missions are fun anyway. Especially if you opt for those buddy missions that are being offered with plot missions. Perhaps you can use the informations gathered in this forum to make the game more suitable for your taste.

The Heart of the Darkness is End Game... before that, you have an open world to explore and many missions too. I hope you don't give in so soon... The game may have a better "feeling" to it on your second through. Some here are on their 9th one already, still finding new aspects and still having fun :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

see, the responses come so quickly here, especially with JRD, that we sometimes reply at the same time LOL

PZ

Welcome rick2468!  FC2 is kind of  like a good book, you have to use your imagination to enhance your experience, but like any good book, it eventually is difficult to put down.

rick2468

I shall stick with it and complete the game (I normally complete games once I've started them).  I have been doing all the subverted missions to make sure I see what the game has to offer.

Regarding the different ways to tackle tasks...I tend to go in all guns blazing.  I would like to sneak around but the enemies spot me far too easily.  I even bought the stealth gear but that does not not help too much.

I did have some success when I get to get the King's signet ring from the Fort and I managed to sneak in and only confront 5 enemies.

Also, now I have some reputation, a couple of drivers and turned around and fled rather than taking me on which is a good acheivement :-).

Art Blade

I always wished I noticed some respect like that (running mercs). On Rep level 3 even more so they agressively tried to hunt me down. Maybe I should try your after shave ;D

The camo suit works, but it doesn't make you invisible. Especially after having fired at those mercs, they will eventually show up at exactly the spot you were shooting from, so you better move (crouch) after a couple of rounds. I have seen mercs nearly step on me without noticing me. That suit works signifficantly better if they are not on alert, and it works much better at night.

PZ

Some interesting things about the AI

• When on alert, the mercs tend to have tunnel vision and often do not see you even when you are right next to them
  • If you are behind them, they rarely turn around so you can sneak up on them
  • They are sleepy at night and less prone to finding you so if you want to practice stealth, take a nap and go hunting at night.
The 6P9 (silent Makarov) is an excellent stealth weapon - do a head shot and it kills with one bullet every time - the trick is to aim slightly above their head and then auto-accuracy will zero in on the target.  Make sure that other mercs don't see their fallen comrade or they will go on alert.  Get some practice with the 6P9 - before long you'll be able to take out most GPs at night without anyone ever going on alert.

Art Blade

speaking of auto-accuracy... I never used a crosshair and I don't think I have that gimmick of auto-accuracy, but I can aim straight with that 6p9, better than with any other pistol (apart from the "loud" makarov perhaps, which has the same features). I am afraid of a patch for FC2 that is about to "rebalance" weapons, so I'll never patch from 1.02 to anything higher. That 6p9 has an incredible range (if I shoot straight, I can take out targets with a head shot that I hardly see) and the Dart Rifle is utmost precise and every shot lethal. Just perfect weapons :)

PZ

100% with you on that one Art - I've used with and without cross hairs and either is equally deadly.  What's this about a patch that re balances weapons?  I'm not sure I know about this one.

Art Blade

since I don't plan to patch, I didn't pay much attention. As far as I know, at least the PC version is about to be patched again (or already has been). UBI had been asked by the multiplayers to add extra realism and they responded with a special hardcore mode, ie "ultra". Maybe the subsequent rebalancing only affects MP, but I don't want to cock up my SP game :)

rick2468

Developments on my buddy missions!  After doing a few faction missions I noticed there was a new mission indicator at Mike's Bar.  I went there and Flora (plane crash survivor) offered me a buddy side-mission even though I have already done 10 missions in Act 1 for 5 buddies.  This seems to contradict what other people have experienced but hopefully my game isn't bugged and it will even itself out in Act 2 by only giving me 8 buddy missions!

I am playing on PS3 if that makes any difference.

Regarding reputation, I have found that it doesn't make much of a difference but there have been 2 times when a car has made a u-turn and scarpered rather than ramming and shooting me.  I did notice that if you approach the troops in Pala they do make comments that show respect such as "My fault I'm sure" and such like.

I have found another gripe with the game (I am a cynic I know!).  The volume of enemies voices as they are talking to each other during combat makes them sound much closer than they actually are so it's hard to tell if someone is in the distance or standing right next to you!

I have finished the faction missions in Act 1 now so just going to finish off Flora's missions and the remaining Act 1 missions then off to Act 2.  I will be very busy this week though so probably won't make much progress until the weekend.

Tags:
🡱 🡳