Reuben Oluwagembi’s blog.

Started by DKM2, July 14, 2009, 10:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKM2

Ah HA! I found it again after all this time.
Reuben Oluwagembi's blog.
http://reubenblog.typepad.com/reubens_blog/

Its sort of a pre-game story to the Single player.
Lots of cool pics from Africa, a few buildings look a lot like some in the game.
Lots of back story. Enjoy.
(read backwards through the archive) I smell another SP run through after reading this.

add to Links?
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

now that's incredible. The pictures are a mixture of fiction and reality, like FC2 taken to Africa, or like preparing FC2 in Africa. Only checked the pics so far, amazing. Going to read on a little now ;)

Thanks, great find  :-X

PS: The pics show only a fraction of the complete pics, you need click them. The second picture from top dated 10/01/08 shows a "house" and on the upper floor is a sign reading "self contained rooms" which reminds me of some posts here, a caption contest if I remember correctly, where that line played a role too. You find it in FC2 next to Mike's bar to the right, in Bowa. lol
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed - great find and excellent read!  :-X

DKM2

I had briefly seen this before and lost the link, but it's turning into a good read.
I've gotten through may and june.

I like how it explains how and why the country fell apart, etc. Much more detail than the game.
Some parts are actually quite sad. I wanna go kick some merc butt now!
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

JRD

I remember bumping into his blog once, long ago, but never gave it proper attention... found it rather boring  :-[

Now, on a second thought, may give it another chance  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

DKM2

Just finished reading it beginning to end.

Think I'll start another SP game now, interesting how it leads right up to the release date,
and you meeting him at Mikes.

PZ

Just added a link to Reuben's blog on the main page (right column) plus a link to DKM2's top 40 MP list

KingRat

There's a 'note' in the Prima Guide with a link to Reuben's Blog....I kinda forgot about it and hadn't read it up till now.

Thanks for bringing it back up!  :)

TheFishlord

I was JUST about to post this  >:(

It's a good read, gives more personality to the leaders. I.e. Mbantuwe is seriously creepy. He's like...just insane. Tambossa's just ruthlessly efficient. Nick Greaves is real easygoing and is relatively new to the country.

This is where I found out that Reuben drives a Datsun. IIRC you can even find the cafe in Port Selao where Reuben interviewed the Jackal.

Overall, a great complement to the game  :P

Tags:
🡱 🡳