Quicksand?

Started by KillerZ, July 14, 2009, 07:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerZ

Anybody like to hazard a guess as to what happened here?  It was so cool that I had to post.  Anyone else seen this?

[smg id=1012]

JRD

I'd say both front tires are flat... but tires are bullet proof in FC2, a shame really... so maybe you're right... quicksand  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I haven't seen anything like quicksand in FC2, and it would be funny to see that close to a road. Note that the car is not exactly on the road but off track. I think it's a texture glitch that seems to be showing a road but it isn't solid, rocks beneath the road surface are showing their tops. However, what you said in the description, that you could fire her up but couldn't drive away, sounds like you got stuck properly. It can't be invisible water because then you couldn't start the engine any more.

Nice pic and find  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Cool... have not seen this one before - great find!  :-X

tehsam016

Cool find but doubt it'd actually be quicksand, but we can all use our imaginations right? =P I've gotten stuck in rocks/steep terrain enough that they might as well should have included quick sand.  :-[

DKM2

Well, I could go on about the collision grid being placed below the texture,

but that would spoil it.   ;)
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

what you said is what I tried to say - collision below the texture. Thanks, DKM2 ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Hacko

You must have hit the spike strips the mercs throw out occaisonally at GP's to slow down vehicles, your tires are flat.  ;);D

Art Blade

hahaha :) I think he just hit the brakes so hard the wheels stopped turning, and on sliding to a halt he used them up like a soft eraser on sand paper  ;D

KillerZ

This was a jeep driven by an AI merc not me... I was on an ATV and these guys were chasing me.  The quicksand remark was meant facetiously (I was putting myself and hopefully you guys in the game with me).  After I cleared the GP this was what I found and wanted to share.  In all the hours I had been playing I hadn't seen this before or since.  I have seen some strange things though...

During a convoy mission for the weapons dealer I was waiting for the convoy to crest a hill but they never made it.  When I went in to investigate, I found all of the mercs dead including the driver of the convoy who had apparently gotten out of the truck to either direct traffic or find out what the holdup was.  Both AT's were facing opposite directions and had come to rest across the road blocking the path of the truck.  It was eerie with all the mercs dead and me not firing a shot.
Later, I was headed to the safehouse in the southeast portion of leboa.  I had already liberated it from the mercs who were intent on hanging on to it so there was no danger of attack.  It was night and as I rounded the hill the whole area was in flames.  I'm not sure what happened as there was no one in the area, but a ring of fire was spreading outward from the firepit.  Very strange.

PZ

Yes, I thought your comment was designed to give us a bit of amusement  - regarding the dead mercs, perhaps you have encountered one of the many behind-the-scenes merc wars that have been discussed.  Many of us have experienced strange merc deaths from time to time.

Art Blade

It is a great pic, indeed never seen something like it, and it is facetious to think of quicksand eating up half a car like that :) I simply like to find out what might have been the real reason for it... that's why I posted probable and improbable causes. Collective suicides and accidents involving open light are always fascinating. I've once seen the combo of it - mercs previously loitering near a safehouse got themselves killed in a spreading fire, and the remaining one I had to chase across the map, he went so far in the dark it was already annoying  ;D

spaceboy

Quote from: Hacko on July 15, 2009, 04:18:48 PM
You must have hit the spike strips the mercs throw out occaisonally at GP's to slow down vehicles, your tires are flat.  ;);D

Oh man that reminds of two of my favorite games from the PS2 era - the two "The Getaway" games.  They represented a 40 sq km map of London and was about the London underground gangs.  Great games and the closest I've gotten to London in 38 years... Anyway the cops would lay down those strips and if you did go through you'd have to get another vehicle quick.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Dweller_Benthos

[bugs_bunny_voice]

Merc bots is the CRAZIEST peoples!!!!!

[/bugs_bunny_voice]
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳