Trial by fire

Started by JRD, July 11, 2009, 10:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Finished my first mission on A2 Demo.
That's just what I was expecting... great action... not a Hollywood-thrilling game, but rather a realistic game, so if you are looking for a Crysis moment, this is not your cup of tea.

If you want a strategic, hard-to-beat, hold-your-breath game... than A2 may get you by the ankles  ;)

No, it's not as colorful as FC2 or FUEL... so isn't real world
Yes, enemies are hard to spot. They ain't dumb... they want to hide, shoot you and live... so do you.
Yes it has some AI flaws... so what? Can't you live with that?

Small details are the key to success... find a good advantage point, team w@&k, only move after a thoroughful visual scan, one bullet might be it for you... one kill or death and when injured, your performance drops.

Hell yeah, I like it.............. hmmhmmhmmhmm my credit card is buzzing inside my wallet  :-\

PS: I found the CDF soldier inside the ruined church... someone said something about it on the radio but I was busy shooting... now what?
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

just go to the target point (airfield) and check the hangar next to the fence. There are refugees or something, just walk in there before the mission is over :) Oh and don't kill them, they're really friendlies.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

gvse

Ha! I'm glad you like it! :) I might give you a final push now. Here's what's awesome about this game: 5 minutes in the editor, I put three marines near a village in which I place several opfor soldiers (some standing about, some on patrol), randomize their positions, adjust time to 5.35 for great lighting, add heavy clouds, and away I go! No storyline, just eliminate the bad guys, and I end up with an hour of tense, silent kills and slow approaches (with frequent reloading). In other words, FUN!!!
Another great thing: I check armaholic.com daily now, and today they released an addon, a blufor sniper with a powerful rifle with a silencer, and just imagine what fun it is for someone who likes sneaking around. The addons are prepared by community and this particular one is top-class with outstanding graphics and animation. Addons may include weaponry, vehicles, soldiers, objects, and even islands :) Do I see you reaching for that credit card now? ;)

JRD

To answer you properly
Steam:24%  ;D

gvse

Great. Hope you will start playing with the editor soon! Custom missions can be played in coop so if someone with the know-how sets up a server then we could all have proper team play!

JRD

Dude... I foresee a looooooooong interaction with OWG members regarding co-op. MP and custom missions  ;D

I know I'll try to join whenever I can, which might not so often as I w@&k a lot, study and have only weekends (eventually) free for long gaming sessions,,, and there is time: I'm GMT - 3:00 here, so, you get the idea.

BTW, I have both your mission downloaded with me and will deffo take a look at them tomorrow...

STEAM - 34%  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Art Blade

hahaha! Now we'll only have to wait for PZ until he's got a tight grip on his box ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Sounding better all the time guys!  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳